Amanda Staveley increases Newcastle United offer and could complete £300m takeover of St James' Park

Brophs

The One and Only
I'm all for club owners being women I fancy. No wonder how she passed the 'fit and proper persons test' eh lads? Amirite?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Would this affect their Jan spend? Probably not I'm. guessing

BigTimeCharlie

Her nose has a weird S shaped between the nostrils though. Not sure that will help Newcastle stay safe from relegation.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Newcastle was available for like 70M when we sold Ronaldo to Real for 80M. I was surprised no one jumped on it at that time considering the impending TV revenue fortune coming to the premier league. Its still a great purchase for 300M.

owlo

You guys realise that the internet is full of good smut right, and therefore it is no longer necessary for you primates to sexualise any woman you find attractive in every conversation?

Reactions: jojojo

villain

Hates Beyoncé
You guys realise that the internet is full of good smut right, and therefore it is no longer necessary for you primates to sexualise any woman you find attractive in every conversation?
Don't bother, your good intentions will fall on deaf ears here.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Staveley has close links with Sheik Mansour having worked with him during his takeover in City in 2008. It'll be interesting to see if there is increased cooperation between the clubs should the deal go through.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
She's connected to the Middle East; will they be pumping money into the club or just looking to exploit it?

If they are spenders, how much are we talking here?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Staveley has close links with Sheik Mansour having worked with him during his takeover in City in 2008. It'll be interesting to see if there is increased cooperation between the clubs should the deal go through.
she has also fronted deals for the quatari investment authority so who knows - perhaps links to PSG would be more likley as they are not direct competitors

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
she has also fronted deals for the quatari investment authority so who knows - perhaps links to PSG would be more likley as they are not direct competitors
Yes don't get me wrong this isn't a moan against big bad City (perish the very thought :wenger:), merely a recognition of potential connections between the boardrooms.

deafepl

Please don't turn Newcastle into the next city and funded by oil-rich middle easterner, it'd make it more difficult for the league.

Brophs

The One and Only
If it takes a football thread off-topic - yes.
Fair enough. It was a slightly jokey comment based upon preferring to look at an attractive club owner than, for example Mike Ashley, followed by a daft gag about the fit and proper person test, but as it seems to have caused offence, please just delete the thread. I'm not looking to cause an issue.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
So on a football forum with 95% men, apparently you can't comment on a woman's looks in a harmless, joking manner.

AlwaysRed66

For all Mike Ashley's faults, which there are many, he isn't an asset stripper. Newcastle fans be careful what you wish for.

Gusjaros

Supports
Several teams
300 million pounds might be reasonable. Look at Forbes evaluation of Newcastle back in april 2016. The club was valued at about 380 million dollars corresponding to about 270 million pounds back then.
For all Mike Ashley's faults, which there are many, he isn't an asset stripper. Newcastle fans be careful what you wish for.
My biggest worry is the source of her and her associates wealth. The Middle East is extremely corrupt. People who make money there aren't exactly doing it by selling Adidas. It is suspicious that so much foreign money is being invested in European football.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I disagree. Women with money and in positions of power have an automatic degree of hotness to them..
So i'm guessing you find Theresa May and Angela Merkel hot?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
So on a football forum with 95% men, apparently you can't comment on a woman's looks in a harmless, joking manner.
If the only thing you can do when a woman is brought up in a conversation, is sexually objectify her, then I wouldn't count that as harmless but more predatory.
Regardless of the percentage of men in one space there is.

Besides, it looks like the posts have been deleted, probably by a mod due to their crassness.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Don't bother, your good intentions will fall on deaf ears here.
"Primates."

"Good intentions."

Christ above. I'm sure she's a very accomplished business woman. Anyway, I'd ride the hole off her.

Hope that doesn't make you two lads faint.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
"Primates."

"Good intentions."

Christ above. I'm sure she's a very accomplished business woman. Anyway, I'd ride the hole off her.

Hope that doesn't make you two lads faint.
I'm a girl, and surely there's nothing wrong with pointing out objectification?

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
If the only thing you can do when a woman is brought up in a conversation, is sexually objectify her, then I wouldn't count that as harmless but more predatory.
Regardless of the percentage of men in one space there is.

Besides, it looks like the posts have been deleted, probably by a mod due to their crassness.
you're completely overblowing it.

i'm sure if this was a female dominated forum and a really good looking guy was in the op that there wouldn't be comments about his looks.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
you're completely overblowing it.

i'm sure if this was a female dominated forum and a really good looking guy was in the op that there wouldn't be comments about his looks.
A female dominated forum, and a middle-aged man is on the verge of completing a very complicated business move that could potentially benefit both parties.
I don't see many girls talking about how they would ride his penis off.

If it was an article about Chris Evans' workout regime and there were multiple supporting photos of him topless & sweaty, then yes of course there he will be subjected to being a sex object. I'm part of a few mostly-female forums, and the casual objectification is pretty non-existent frankly - also it isn't limited to just men.

We're on a football forum, discussing a business move that's going to affect one of the biggest clubs in the country (and is long overdue) and the only thing you can say is how the prospective owner looks?
That's not even remaining on topic with the thread, which is one of the forum rules on here.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
A female dominated forum, and a middle-aged man is on the verge of completing a very complicated business move that could potentially benefit both parties.

If it was an article about Chris Evans' workout regime and there were multiple supporting photos of him topless & sweaty, then yes of course there he will be subjected to being a sex object. I'm part of a few mostly-female forums, and the casual objectification is pretty non-existent frankly - also it isn't limited to just men.

We're on a football forum, discussing a business move that's going to affect one of the biggest clubs in the country (and is long overdue) and the only thing you can say is how the prospective owner looks?
That's not even remaining on topic with the thread, which is one of the forum rules on here.
Not many, probably a few. Just like here.

But yes, it's off topic, personally I thought the op was a funny, harmless joke, and only really went off topic when people started taking offense to it (typically). but then, it's the internet, people are easily offended.

Kostur

海尔的老板
It's a crazy world, we get plenty of that talk from men in Guardiola threads.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Not many, probably a few. Just like here.

But yes, it's off topic, personally I thought the op was a funny, harmless joke, and only really went off topic when people started taking offense to it (typically). but then, it's the internet, people are easily offended.
No offence, just calling a spade a spade.
If you see nothing wrong in judging a woman based on her looks, surely others should be able to judge the posts based on their crudeness?

It's a crazy world, we get plenty of that talk from men in Guardiola threads.
:lol:

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
No offence, just calling a spade a spade.
If you see nothing wrong in judging a woman based on her looks, surely others should be able to judge the posts based on their crudeness?

:lol:
See now you're making stuff up.

The op didn't judge her based on her looks. He made a joke about her being attractive. I see a lot wrong in judging anyone (not just women) based on their looks. I mean if we've reached a stage in society where saying someone is good looking is "judging them" then god fecking help us.

Bojan11

Back to the takeover...

Hope it’s more a Pompey takeover than Shitty. Not sure why people would want another Arab splashing the cash. One is enough.