Amazon Prime and Premier League Rights

Dante

Average bang
Same here, I am outside of the UK. Even with VPN it doesn't show up.
My Prime subscription is with Amazon.co.uk

It looks like that this isn't a streaming service that's based on geolocation. It seems to be about which international site you're signed up to.

starman

Sure its normal for people outside the U.K, but its such a weird experience to be able to switch back and forth between games...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Is it a better picture than Sky Sports? Seems it, but then I watch Sky Sports at my Dad's so could be the tv.

fps

Bit jerky, colour contrast is a bit eye searing.

arthurka

My Prime subscription is with Amazon.co.uk

It looks like that this isn't a streaming service that's based on geolocation. It seems to be about which international site you're signed up to.
Yes I get in through the Amazon app not the prime app. But as soon as I press watch it tells me I am on this account and if I want to switch. Try using the Amazon shopping app and you have to be on Amazon.co.uk it will be in the, not the prime app.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Is it a better picture than Sky Sports? Seems it, but then I watch Sky Sports at my Dad's so could be the tv.
Much better compared to watching it on Sky Go. For streaming so far my experience has been Amazon Prime > BT Sport > Sky Go.

As for comparing it to Sky on the telly, I'd have Prime a bit lower as it is jerking a bit like fps mentioned.

TheThingThatShouldNotBe

Supports
Chelsea
The colour of the grass keeps changing on my stream! I’m watching through an Xbox One.

BT app is miles better compared to this so far, brighter and smoother.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Much better compared to watching it on Sky Go. For streaming so far my experience has been Amazon Prime > BT Sport > Sky Go.

As for comparing it to Sky on the telly, I'd have Prime a bit lower as it is jerking a bit like fps mentioned.
Doesn't seem to be jerky for me. I'm watching through the Panasonic tv app. It's very vivid with quite intense colour, which I quite like for sport.

Nickosaur

This is great imo. Although maybe it's just a novelty watching football at home as I've refused to pay for sky and bt for years.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This is great imo. Although maybe it's just a novelty watching football at home as I've refused to pay for sky and bt for years.
It's really nice being able to watch a stream in peace, knowing that I won't need to piss about finding new ones/clicking off popups.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Palace Bournemouth working smoothly through my TV's prime app. HDR activated when I turned on Burnley vs City.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Doesn't seem to be jerky for me. I'm watching through the Panasonic tv app. It's very vivid with quite intense colour, which I quite like for sport.
Might be because I've got it hooked up via laptop as apparently my TV is not compatible with streaming live events from Amazon Prime (fine streaming TV/film though).

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
A little jittery on my 1st Gen Fire Stick, but the stream is otherwise fine, not dropping-out or buffering or anything like that. Colour seems to have improved since the start, but might be my settings on this TV input throwing me off.

The best feature (other than showing all the games) is definitely the no commentary option.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
watching it on my 4k tv and it works really well, quality is dropping a little in and out of 4k/1080p but no buffering or lagging, so perfectly watchable.

Stupid tackle by sakho!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is anyone watching this down the pub? I'm interested how they do it there, have to get a projecter I assume and display the game by using that?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bollocks decision. He slid in and kicked the ball away, that's why his leg was up.
He caught him on his knee Shane. That's dangerous by any account. It's out of control and if Smiths leg was planted that's a break.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Is anyone watching this down the pub? I'm interested how they do it there, have to get a projecter I assume and display the game by using that?
Would that even be legal? Pubs have to pay extra for a special Sky package.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Would that even be legal? Pubs have to pay extra for a special Sky package.
Do they get a special amazon channel on that like BT created?

Was having a look at the various articles on this today and over the weekend and in the Q&As the pub angle wasn't mentioned so just curious when half of Merseyside and Manchester turns up at their locals tomorrow expecting the game on as normal.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just seen Amazon have partnered with BT for in pubs, so pubs with BT can pay a bit extra and get the games apparently, I'll take a firestick or something down the local and shot it on the TV, let all the lads watch it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just seen Amazon have partnered with BT for in pubs, so pubs with BT can pay a bit extra and get the games apparently, I'll take a firestick or something down the local and shot it on the TV, let all the lads watch it.
Ah that makes sense. I did go round a mates a few years back when those Kodi sticks were all the rage and he was showing me the billion channels he could access on his TV.

marktan

If you get a fire stick or a roku you can just plug it in via hdmi and get prime (with someones prime account). Dunno the legality behind it though.

fps

I just hope Amazon buys all of it and uses it as a loss leading part of prime. Fed up with the multiple subscriptions, have prime anyway.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Ah that makes sense. I did go round a mates a few years back when those Kodi sticks were all the rage and he was showing me the billion channels he could access on his TV.
It'll be much better than that experience because the sticks are still using prime and it's legal, they won't know you're using it in a pub TV. So it'll be a perfect stream pretty much.

They'll obviously not want people doing it that way, but it'll happen, they'll wanna make extra money from the pubs wanting to show it

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I'm watching through BT TV on the Prime Video channel (334). So far, so good. Good on you Amazon! Can't wait till tomorrow to see how they cope with all the games.

It's a great picture by the way.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
It's a good picture and everything, but being a minute behind still seems mad to me in this day and age.

marktan

It's really nice actually having this on prime, quality's really good on my laptop. I've been watching on crappy streams since about 2006. Can afford Sky/BT now but might have to move flats soon which makes it a bit of a hassle setting it up on the TV. If they had more games I'd probably happy to pay a monthly fee on top for games, around £10-£20, since I find Prime good value for the shipping/prime video anyway (which we share between like 5 family members).

marktan

I'm watching through BT TV on the Prime Video channel (334). So far, so good. Good on you Amazon! Can't wait till tomorrow to see how they cope with all the games.

It's a great picture by the way.
Should be fine considering they own AWS which has like 50% of the cloud internet market, and provides the backend hosting for Netflix. But I read somewhere that they might get bottlenecked by the internet providers themselves tomorrow particularly in Merseyside with everyone in a similar location watching the derby.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Really good quality stream.

However, I don't understand why its still on a delay. The lowest delay I can get is 15 seconds behind...

DRM

It's a good picture and everything, but being a minute behind still seems mad to me in this day and age.
The issue is because the feeds from the stadium are in SDI and have to be converted to IP for distribution. That's where the delay comes from. I'm sure they will reduce this in a few years