Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Crazy! I think it's a societal thing about being unable to say that a male is a victim of abuse.
How is saying they're both bad saying that he hasn't been the victim of abuse? They've abused each other. Maybe one is significantly worse, I can't say. But apparently he threatened to kill her.

kps88

Depp with a shit on his bed, a black eye, and half a finger. Caf: "Looks like they were both as bad as each other"
We've only seen Depp take the stand and put across his version of events so far. Let's wait and see what she has to say.

Last edited:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Is that on par? I could see how shitting all over someone's house and severing their finger could lead to some anger
I think death threats are generally frowned upon in court cases... plus she's tasty... I'd probably turn a blind eye to the whole shitting and violence thing... I'd draw a line at stiring musks porridge though

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
How is saying they're both bad saying that he hasn't been the victim of abuse? They've abused each other. Maybe one is significantly worse, I can't say. But apparently he threatened to kill her.
She put out a lit cigarette on his face and severed his finger, getting physically and emotionally abused constantly can make people say stupid shit too, I'm not going to say I believe that Depp got physical until we get more evidence, but as of now she seems like a horrible horrible human being and he seems to be a victim.

RedDevilQuebecois

You know what irks me in this case? It's the fact that Depp has lost a number of roles and contracts while Heard lost next to nothing (not even her role in the upcoming Aquaman movie) until further notice. So much for gender equality.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Is that on par? I could see how shitting all over someone's house and severing their finger could lead to some anger
I don’t know which happened first. I’m trying not to give it much attention, though I’ll want to check out the verdict.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
I think death threats are generally frowned upon in court cases... plus she's tasty... I'd probably turn a blind eye to the whole shitting and violence thing... I'd draw a line at stiring musks porridge though
Stirring porridge...I've heard it all. :lol:

Beans

Supports
Neutral
She put out a lit cigarette on his face and severed his finger, getting physically and emotionally abused constantly can make people say stupid shit too, I'm not going to say I believe that Depp got physical until we get more evidence, but as of now she seems like a horrible horrible human being and he seems to be a victim.
It certainly sounds like she’s a nightmare, I read these claims you’ve brought up but I don’t know if there’s enough evidence to say they’re true, same as you’re saying with Depp. Thus all I can say are the allegations from both sides are ugly.

If he’s solely a victim and his threats were those of a victim wanting to escape I’ll happily retract my claim.

Conor

I tell people I am going to kill them on a daily basis, these sort of things should always be taken with a pinch of salt, or cocaine in Depp's case.

choccy77

He should never have split up with Winona Ryder. I know I wouldn't have.
Yeah, must have been fun coming home to all those new clothes. Bugger to get the magnetic tags of though.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Of course. If Depp were a normal human bean he'd have been up and out of there quicker than you can say Captain Jack Sparrow.

As it was his personal flaws were used against him by Heard who clearly knew the man had issues and provoked them to get a reaction, which she knew she would (the narcissism element).

I'm 70-30 in favour of Depp but neither come out well. They're two completely incompatible human beings.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
They're definitely incompatible, but I've seen texts from regular people saying 'I'm going to fecking murder him' over a slight inconvenience, so if someone shits in your bed and cuts off the tip of your finger and is abusing you then flowery/graphic language aside, angry texts are pretty par for the course and in no way equitable.

coolredwine

lameredboots
exactly, this. texts always lack context. however the stuff that has been said and done by her is absolutely disgusting.

coolredwine

lameredboots
I have read that Depp has effectively had his career ruined over this, whilst Heard is still actively acting. Is this correct? I'm not too familiar. Seems very unfair, but I wouldn't be an expert. Anyone in the 'caf know more?
the last 'big' movie Depp was in was Fantastic Beasts. Heard has had a bunch of superhero movies lately.

Brophs

The One and Only
Don’t have anything to add to this thread other than to say that my aunt once bought my brother, teenage boy, a Johnny Depp calendar for Christmas. It was full of stuff like him sitting around in dungarees, one where he seemed to be watching people playing pool and one where he was drinking a heavily featured can of Pepsi. My brother wasn’t much of a movie fan, much less a Johnny Depp fan and he’s not gay, so it wasn't that. She never explained what her thinking was.

Weird time.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Don’t have anything to add to this thread other than to say that my aunt once bought my brother, teenage boy, a Johnny Depp calendar for Christmas. It was full of stuff like him sitting around in dungarees, one where he seemed to be watching people playing pool and one where he was drinking a heavily featured can of Pepsi. My brother wasn’t much of a movie fan, much less a Johnny Depp fan and he’s not gay, so it wasn't that. She never explained what her thinking was.

Weird time.
And you're still wondering why he got it instead of you?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Weird time.
:lol:

atkar83

They need lab work done on that turd to identify the pooper.

Okay, well... it's definitely poop - Forensics
Uh, yeah, we know that, guy - Redcafe
Whoever it was seems to have been eating newspaper. - Forensics
All right, well, now we're getting somewhere. Which one of you idiots was eating a g*dd*mn newspaper? - Redcafe
It's gonna go both ways, dude. - Amber
Really? - Redcafe
I'm sorry, yeah. What else? What else? - Amber
This appears to be a piece of a credit card. - Forensics
Inconclusive. - Depp
How is that not specific to one of you? - Redcafe
I wish it was, man, but that's inconclusive. - Amber
But you've got to...- Redcafe
There's a good deal of blood in this stool. - Forensics
Of course there is. - Amber
Whoever's it is should see a doctor. - Forensics
Well, don't give us judgments. Just tell us what's in there. What else? - Depp
This is wolf hair. - Forensics
Wolf air? - Redcafe
Also inconclusive. Depp
Jesus Christ! - Redcafe
There is so much wolf hair in our apartment right now, man. - Depp
But why are you eating it? - Redcafe
Well, you ingest everything. - Amber
Both of you are eating wolf? - Redcafe
Have you tried it before? - Depp

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Bloody hell that audio of her being an absolute piece of shite to him is hard to listen to. I'm sure he's a nutter, but feck me, devil woman.

Drainy

Who audio records a loved one going through a mental crisis where they are attempting to cut themselves just to use it against them later?

entropy

I had to Google him. He looks like Peter Lorre.
He is just prepping for his next role.
The Whale is based on Hunter's play of the same name, and stars Brendan Fraser as Charlie, a 600-pound middle-aged man and English teacher who tries to reconnect with his 17-year-old daughter, with the pair having grown apart after Charlie abandoned his family for his gay lover, who later died. Sadly, Charlie has spent his grief and shame binge eating in an attempt to drown out the pain and guilt.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

Weird time.

That's exactly the kind of thing I'd find hilarious to be honest. I'd do exactly that to my nephew and say absolutely nothing, and wait for them to say something before absolutely pissing my hole :lol:.

Brophs

The One and Only

That's exactly the kind of thing I'd find hilarious to be honest. I'd do exactly that to my nephew and say absolutely nothing, and wait for them to say something before absolutely pissing my hole :lol:.
Nah, she was early 50s at the time and wouldn’t exactly have been known for her #bantz. I suspect she just asked someone in the first shop she went into “What are teenagers into?” and the middle aged woman said “I dunno. Wanking and Johnny Depp?” and she made the only choice she could.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Nah, she was early 50s at the time and wouldn’t exactly have been known for her #bantz. I suspect she just asked someone in the first shop she went into “What are teenagers into?” and the middle aged woman said “I dunno. Wanking and Johnny Depp?” and she made the only choice she could.
Did he use the calendar at least?