Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

edgecutter

How Depp can continue with this with the ransom videos of him being high kr going crazy in the kitchen coming out just seems bizarre. The man is killing his already dying career.

Brophs

The One and Only
How Depp can continue with this with the ransom videos of him being high kr going crazy in the kitchen coming out just seems bizarre. The man is killing his already dying career.
I’d still fancy Tim Burton to cast him in his Count Duckula biopic.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Can someone give me a quick run down of what the feck happened between these two? Tried googling it but it's just one crazy story after the next about some poop in the bed and severed fingers.

led_scholes

This shit with live coverage of a trial of famous people started with OJ Simpson, didn't it? American culture at its best.

Drainy

Because his career is already dead but people think he's an abuser, but he's now getting his side of the story out.

Amber Heard will get destroyed in her cross examination in a way that Depp hasn't yet.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Can someone give me a quick run down of what the feck happened between these two? Tried googling it but it's just one crazy story after the next about some poop in the bed and severed fingers.
It's amazing he's still compos mentis with all the shit he's taken and drank.

When's this kick off again today?

Drainy

Best moment of the trial so far was Heard's lawyer reading out a sext as if it admitted to violence and Depp trying to get him to read it to the court again and again :lol:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Should just stick to Wynona Ryder, at least they would have fun in shoplifting chocolate bars for sports.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Just watching a bit and Depp was being asked about some morning he was doing coke while drinking whiskey in the morning in March 2013. Feck knows how he remembered anything about that day.
I can think of worse ways spending ones mornings.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Ah, shame, ok, thanks.

If you swapped the whiskey for vodka then yep, I agree.
I’d definitely shite on someone’s bed if I started mixed vodka and coke…

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Dunno about you but if I was personally accused of being a domestic abuser when I knew it had been the other way around (especially after experiencing the same as a kid with his mother), I'd go to the ends of the earth to try and clear my name and get the truth out there even if it meant all the skeletons coming out

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Not disagreeing with this. Especially, since Depp is equally famous most probably everywhere.
He's very unique and I hope he gets back to acting soon. I'm not watching because I don't have the time and I don't want to see Depp like that. She ruined him and I'm glad he's getting a chance to clear his name. I was very skeptical about Amber's accusations but at the same time I gave her the benefit of the doubt. Domestic violence isn't something that should be taken lightly. People do crazy things when they're under the influence of whatever poison they choose. I've always stayed neutral because nobody can say for sure what happens behind closed doors other than the parties involved.

If it turns out that she really was lying, it's a slap in the face to all the people who do have to suffer through domestic violence on a daily basis.

lsd

The Oracle
I'm not saying this is is the case but in this situation if he is getting abused physically and mentally if he strikes her in self defense when she is attacking him does that mean he gets labelled a wife beater?

I know there have been allegations he had hit her which he denies I believe whereas he has produced evidence of her admitting she has hit him and then yelling at him for always runnng away when there is a fight.

lsd

The Oracle

If those videos show him hiting the walls and cabinets rather than actually attacking her shouldn't that be helpful for him now?

His career is ruined he admits that but he seems to want aknowledged that he did not go round attacking an innocent woman and that in fact he was the one regularly being attacked.

I think most people would understand that in his situation

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'm not saying this is is the case but in this situation if he is getting abused physically and mentally if he strikes her in self defense when she is attacking him does that mean he gets labelled a wife beater?

I know there have been allegations he had hit her which he denies I believe whereas he has produced evidence of her admitting she has hit him and then yelling at him for always runnng away when there is a fight.
In that libel case with The Sun the court found (to a civil standard) that Depp had commited assault in 12 incidents "otherwise than in self-defence". So in that legal setting I assume if it had been found to be in self-defence the wifebeater label wouldn't have been deemed to be substantially true.

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
He's very unique and I hope he gets back to acting soon. I'm not watching because I don't have the time and I don't want to see Depp like that. She ruined him and I'm glad he's getting a chance to clear his name. I was very skeptical about Amber's accusations but at the same time I gave her the benefit of the doubt. Domestic violence isn't something that should be taken lightly. People do crazy things when they're under the influence of whatever poison they choose. I've always stayed neutral because nobody can say for sure what happens behind closed doors other than the parties involved.

If it turns out that she really was lying, it's a slap in the face to all the people who do have to suffer through domestic violence on a daily basis.
Like I said earlier, the dangers of Covert Narcissism are becoming ever more apparent. Anyone who (always) unknowingly enters into a relationship with these beasts is to be pitied.

Sviken

If anything, he is probably doing the exact opposite of killing his career. Fact is if you look at the forums, people are generally behind him. Even if this case fails in the courtroom, all that matters for Johnny is to be exonerated in the public's eyes which he is doing a damn fine job of.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I was expecting something kinkier when I heard she was beating him up and shitting on him... I'm underwhelmed by it all so far
still on the 1st box of tissues... total let down

Drainy

In that libel case with The Sun the court found (to a civil standard) that Depp had commited assault in 12 incidents "otherwise than in self-defence". So in that legal setting I assume if it had been found to be in self-defence the wifebeater label wouldn't have been deemed to be substantially true.
Will be interesting to see the evidence out in the open during this trial.

hobbers

Best that comes out of this is Heard's career being left even more in the gutter than Depp's was.

Ekeke

Unfortunately there are people who dont care what celebrities do as long as it isnt to them and continue to support them. So I think he'll always find something

Ekeke

I've seen lots of people defending Depp online, but it looks like he has to take plenty of blame too. Who stays with someone who acts like either of them?
In what way is she getting off that he isnt? I see more people abusing her with insults than him and he lost Pirates, but she's been thrown out of her big role in Aquaman as well.

Edit - I see now that shes still in AM2 and they're getting rid after that. So she still got a movie when he didnt I guess. Last thing DC needs to be doing :houllier:

Sviken

In what way is she getting off that he isnt? I see more people abusing her with insults than him and he lost Pirates, but she's been thrown out of her big role in Aquaman as well.

Edit - I see now that shes still in AM2 and they're getting rid after that. So she still got a movie when he didnt I guess. Last thing DC needs to be doing :houllier:
They axed him from Disney and WB before his side of the story was even heard. That's why he said in the trial that he'd never work for Disney and WB again. It's unfortunate, but women get a lot of the benefit of the doubt when it comes to these domestic abuse relationships. At least she won't appear to have much of a career after this, but keeping her for Aquaman 2 is indeed stupid.

Funnily enough, they're also keeping Ezra Miller for the Flash despite him assaulting numerous people already. Who the feck knows what's going through these WB's execs heads.

led_scholes

The last part is the worst. I don't know the stats exactly, its something like this: for every 1000 domestic abuse cases, one turns out to be a lie (while another 9000 are not even reported)*. Unfortunately, a highly profile case like this will only strengthen those highlighting the one lie. If she is indeed at fault, she has managed to destroy Depp's career, while making a mockery of domestic abuse.

* made up numbers by me, but you get the point

Green_Red

I wonder if Amber Heard took those actions after being advised on redcafe to leave a fancy breakfast out for Johnny.

Amber Heard said:
My husband is an abusive maniac, what says you redcafe?
RedCafe said:
Shit in his handbag!

Drainy

By the way, most of the impeachment from Heard's lawyer is just so awful.

'Did you pour yourself a megapint of wine? '

'I poured myself a large glass, yes'

Reads his testimony from UK trial where he calls it a megapint and asks if he read it correctly.. What a gotcha. Great job.

Beans

Supports
Neutral

After the court case in England people seemed to generally accept Depp as an abuser, while the part about Heard was speculation. While some corners of the internet were very hard on her, it seemed to me anyway that mainstream media didn’t put it out there.

Even now I’m gonna wait until the court case is over to say she’s definitely done anything because I don’t know if anything is corroborated.

But yeah, he lost films and she didn’t. At least not yet.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
It was a mutual toxic relationship. Let them both (and I mean Debbie) act. He was good in Charlie's chocolate factory, which I had to watch during English class (keep this in mind during ETH's first presser).

Cancel culture's gone rogue. Not everyone is Kevin Spacey.

MichaelRed

Since a lot of people haven't been able to follow events & because, sadly, a lot just assume 'Depp drinks and Amber is hot so therefore everything she says about him is true', I'll post some summarised events for a quick read.

Depp is trying to prove he wasn't physically violent toward her in order to sue her for defamation because she wrote an article about being a survivor of domestic abuse & sexual assault as she tried to make herself the face of the #meToo movement. The article was obviously about Depp because it was at the same time she was publicly accusing him of domestic violence.

Amber Heard & Johnny Depp's friend testified he was very upset with Amber because they got on so well & he saw her every day & was shocked when she sold a story of Depp abusing her and pictures of her being covered in bruises, he claimed that she had no injuries whatsoever and that the "bruises" were make-up. He confronted her about this & said it would be best if they weren't friends any more because of what she had done. He broke down crying about this in court.

Their head of security testified that he never saw Depp being physically aggressive and that Amber Heard was regularly abusive & violent towards Depp & that Depp would always try to avoid conflict & attempt to de-escalate things.

Amber Heard's personal assistant testified that Amber was an aggressive, nasty diva that she only worked for out of convenience as a single mother. She was earning half of what she earned before becoming a mother and eventually when her responsibilities meant she went back to working full time hours & she raised the issue of her pay still being essentially a part-time salary, Amber was aggressive toward her and spat in her face.

One of Amber Heard's supposed legal team was actually her girlfriend, who is also a journalist, that was live-tweeting about the trial (something forbidden in the court). When a witness was testifying in defence of Mr Depp, Heard's girlfriend went on the witness' instagram and screenshot a photo where she had posted about Depp's previous trial in the UK. Heard's girlfriend then cropped the image to remove the date showing that the post was from early 2021 & handed the now edited image to Heard's legal team. This was then taken to the judge & Depp's witness was thrown out for posting about the trial on social media, or at least that was the trick they had created. Depp's team then discovered what had happened and showed the judge the uncropped image to prove that Heard's team had edited it to trick the judge into wrongly removing Depp's witness & exposed the fact that one of Heard's 'legal team' was actually just her girlfriend & journalist. The judge went ballistic & banned Heard's girlfriend from the court. Unfortunately non of this will be exposed to the jury but it shows how desperate and scummy these lying rats are.

Heard's team showed a video, that many of you have seen by now, of Depp smashing up his kitchen & they're trying to pass it off as him being violent. This clip is ancient and is actullaly from when he had just found out that people in his company had stolen an estimated $600m so he was pretty understandably fuming. Heard records him freaking out in the kitchen and then runs off with her phone with a big smirk on her face as she thinks she has her "gotcha" footage. Clearly she was terrified for her safety...

Their marriage counsellor testified that Depp was always trying to be calm and de-escalate everything but that Amber would try to cause fights. She testified that Amber would never let Johnny speak but would instead immediately interrupt him. Amber tried to control the narrative whenever she could, even going to 4 solo meetings with the counsellor so that Depp could not offer a defence against her claims. The counsellor even testified that Amber would be physically voilent and punch and slap Depp in front of her during the sessions. Depp never retaliated.

Amber Heard has been found to have had a record of domestic violence against an ex-girlfriend from 2009. She had the police called on her as she physically attacked her girlfriend and broke her necklace. There's only the arrest report as the girlfriend never took it to court. Heard tried to dismiss the arrest report at the time by claiming the arresting officer was a homophobic mysoginist that wanted to hurt her for having a girlfriend. The arresting officer was actually herself a lesbian that does charity work for domestic violence survivors. Big yikes.

Amber Heard received $7m from her divorce from Depp. She claimed, multiple times in TV talk-shows and interviews, that she never wanted any money but to just support other domestic violence survivors. She claimed that to prove she didn't do it for money that she gave the $7m to children's hospitals. She did not. The hospitals have called her out on her fake pledges & records show she still has the money. Her legal team then tried to claim that she had to keep the money because evil Mr Depp was suing her and so therefore it's his fault the poor children didn't get the money. This is complete bollocks because she had the money for over a year before any legal battles started to take place.

Tapes have been played of Heard admitting to hitting Depp with a door, hitting him in the chin & slapping him multiple times whilst also goading him as a coward for not physically retaliating. Strange because her whole case is that he did physically attack her. The tapes are horrific tbh and I can't do them justice in this post.

Heard's team is trying to paint Depp as a violent drunk & near everyone to take the stand so far has testified that Depp never changed in his behaviour when consuming drugs & alcohol but that he was rather a mellowed out drunk.

Oh yea, in case you missed it, she cut off the end of his finger and shat on his bed. Enjoy.