Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
They were never claiming to have shipped a movie with bad chemistry. They were saying they had to put in a lot of extra work in post to fix the chemistry between the two. And were wondering whether it was worth putting in that extra work for a sequel as well.
Ok maybe I got the wrong end of the stick.

I just assumed that an actor could test well to an audience but his/her onscreen chemistry with another actor could be problematic.

Like, I like steak and I like Ice Cream but I don't have Steak and Ice cream on the same plate.

Last edited:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
They were never claiming to have shipped a movie with bad chemistry. They were saying they had to put in a lot of extra work in post to fix the chemistry between the two. And were wondering whether it was worth putting in that extra work for a sequel as well.
Yes, that's what he claimed but as I said how does it add up that before the movie they had good chemistry in tests. After the movie, they tested with sample audiences and they had good chemistry. And there was no "bad chemistry" documented only good.

That said, even if this dude is right the resulting movie portrayal was pretty good so even if it did take some post production effort it was clearly worth it was it not?

So I don't see what this testimony added but I didn't see all of it

shamans

Ok maybe I got the wrong end of the stick.

I just assumed that an actor could test well to an audience but his/her onscreen chemistry with another actor could be problematic.

Like, I like steak and I like Ice Cream but I don't have Steak and Ice cream on the same plate.
Chemistry would be if steak and ice cream go well together. That's the whole point which was tested before after and during the movie.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Chemistry would be if steak and ice cream go well together. That's the whole point which was tested before after and during the movie.
Sure but the statement in court wasn't that "You and Jason tested well together" it was that "You tested well" as far as I could tell the word "chemistry" wasn't used when she was receiving praise from the director.

It was used when to criticize by the witness.

So she was a steak and he was ice cream and nobody said "Steak and Ice cream tested well" , they said "Steak tested well".

It was Depp's witness who criticized the combo.

Anyway I'm unsure if an audience can say an actor tested well in a role but at the same time criticize their onscreen chemistry with another actor.

shamans

Sure but the statement in court wasn't that "You and Jason tested well together" it was that "You tested well" as far as I could tell the word "chemistry" wasn't used when she was receiving praise from the director.

It was used when to criticize by the witness.

So she was a steak and he was ice cream and nobody said "Steak and Ice cream tested well" , they said "Steak tested well".

It was Depp's witness who criticized the combo.
You'd have to show me that because from my memory I clearly remember that they were part of a chemistry test before production and tested well, then their scenes were shown to a sampled audience and tested well.

Individual chemistry just doesn't make sense. You can test individual acting skills. The male witness on earlier was saying "there were internal conversations" about her chemistry so even in his claim, they tested well but behind the scenes apparently there was some talk about it and post production had to fix that.

kps88

Yes, that's what he claimed but as I said how does it add up that before the movie they had good chemistry in tests. After the movie, they tested with sample audiences and they had good chemistry. And there was no "bad chemistry" documented only good.

That said, even if this dude is right the resulting movie portrayal was pretty good so even if it did take some post production effort it was clearly worth it was it not?

So I don't see what this testimony added but I didn't see all of it
I mean, we see movies with bad chemistry all the time. Chemistry tests can only do so much.

This was her biggest movie role to date and the director and producer thought twice about bring her back. Amber complained about her role being reduced in the sequel and the guy claimed that wasn't the case. Depp's team also made him make it clear that all of WB's decisions and internal discussions on her had nothing to do with her situation with Depp.

shamans

I mean, we see movies with bad chemistry all the time. Chemistry tests can only do so much.

This was her biggest movie role to date and the director and producer thought twice about bring her back. Amber complained about her role being reduced in the sequel and the guy claimed that wasn't the case. Depp's team also made him make it clear that all of WB's decisions and internal discussions on her had nothing to do with her situation with Depp.
I'm only gonna comment on the chemistry part because I missed the rest of the testimony. If it's just him "saying" it that can be countered with Heards witnesses "saying" she was cut. Who do you believe then? But again, I haven't seen it and if he had substantial proof (more so than Heard's witnesses) then it's a different case.

We do see movies with bad chemistry and it's not a 100% test but in court you have to go with at least something. If there's literally no documented evidence of bad chemistry but plenty of documented good chemistry tests that resulted in a blockbuster high grossing movie, making the counter argument is not gonna hold.

Smores

Plenty of evidence of her being terrible in the first Aquaman to be fair.

fallengt

They bring this bloke just to dunk on yesterday "expert"
Not that I complain, I'd love to listen to him all day

Denis79

F W I W Amber Heard was the only reason watching Aquaman on an Imax was worth it, but it had nothing to do with her acting.
Don't think anyone ever really "looked" closely at her acting. I only realised she sucked now that I watched her in this trial :lol:

shamans

I read online this guy literally follows a pro Depp twitter account but he is allowed to testify. Either the online thing is a rumor and he doesn't follow pro heard accounts or it's highly unlikely he isn't following this case.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Imagine letting an eye witness testify. The nerve. How dare he be pro-Depp. I say Depp should only be allowed pro-Amber witnesses.
Yeah I don't understand why that's a problem.*

He isn't on the jury.

(It may well be , I'm just ignorant of the reason why)

Last edited:

MichaelRed

Yeah I don't understand why that's a problem.*

He isn't on the jury.

(It may well be , I'm just ignorant of the reason why)
Nah. Deffo problem. Amber can have her sister testify though because she's not bias. Just top-tier Shaman logic.

shamans

I wasn't watching it, you just said that he followed a pro-Depp Twitter account and I said I didnt understand why that was an issue.

Fair enough. Well, it's an issue because he lied claiming he does not follow any such account. He did (I checked it myself) and just unfollowed now. He also claimed he was not a fan of Johnny Depp. Also, he claimed he has not been following the trial which is unlikely for an active twitter user following a pro depp account.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Fair enough. Well, it's an issue because he lied claiming he does not follow any such account. He did (I checked it myself) and just unfollowed now. He also claimed he was not a fan of Johnny Depp. Also, he claimed he has not been following the trial which is unlikely for an active twitter user following a pro depp account.
Cool does that mean all his testimony will be thrown out?

shamans

@shamans do you think that Depp's or Heard's experts have been more credible so far?
Again I'm gonna ignore that to like 80% of my posts you're responded with laughing emojis or some form of name calling, but I'll bite even though I will probably regret it.

You're gonna have to name each expert. For instance, I thought Ron Schnell was extremely credible and insightful but then Dr. Spiegal was a bit of a waste of time because he stretched his observations to what he could possibly deduce (doing the same thing others have done to Heard that I am against i.e labelling her bipolar based on meaningless traits) and then obviously he got emotional (which was a Depp law team tactic but it's fair game in a trial).

I think this current Dr talking in response to Dr Spiegel is legit as well as far as debunking some of what Spiegal said. If he goes on to do the same thing Spiegel did his credibility will start dropping.

So again you'd have to name each expert. Some were strong and some were weak.

shamans

Cool does that mean all his testimony will be thrown out?
If the jury has issue with Heard's witnesses being her friends then they'll most certainly have an issue with this guy.

EDIT: And to be fair I am not hearing it is possible that account changed their name after he followed it which would be an easy redemption. that makes sense. The mental gymnastics by one poster above who was trying to portray that it would be no issue is pretty ridiculous though.

EDIT #2: The accounts previous name was jusdepp :lol:

Last edited:

Drainy

By the way, the TMZ video can only have been leaked by Amber Heard or one of her agents.

The video was her property and TMZ officially now own the copyright, so it has to have been sold or given to them with the rights to its ownership by her with her consent.

MichaelRed

By the way, the TMZ video can only have been leaked by Amber Heard or one of her agents.

The video was her property and TMZ officially now own the copyright, so it has to have been sold or given to them with the rights to its ownership by her with her consent.
Yup. It 100% was sold to them by her as you said but she testified under oath that it was not. Will be nice if we can get a witness in to prove otherwise & just expose yet another incident of perjury from this cretin.

Sviken

Yup. It 100% was sold to them by her as you said but she testified under oath that it was not. Will be nice if we can get a witness in to prove otherwise & just expose yet another incident of perjury from this cretin.
As far as I'm aware, Depp's team has a witness to prove exactly that, but TMZ are asking the court not to reveal who gave them the video because in the future people might be reluctant to give them 'scoops' if there is a chance that they can be implicated in that.

At any rate, it's 100% Amber. There's nobody else who can give them the rights to that video. Amber or her friends, so in short - whether it is her friend who gave it at the request of Amber or Amber herself - it doesn't exactly matter. But this will once again catch her in a serious lie. A lie she told in court.

fallengt

Well that was disappointing.
At this rate I'm 68% sure JD won't win defamination trial and AH' counterclaim won't stand.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
We all watch rawk once in a while doesn't make us liverpool fans.

And your clearly having an extremely double standard.

Let it rest bro, she aint gonna feck you. With all due respect