Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

Mercurial

Her case really is a joke isnt it.

"you punched Johnny Depp"
"no, i hit him"
At the heart of it all it's about defamation or not, even slightest abuse from him and she has a right to claim she is domestically abused and write articles about it and not be defamatory. Odds are overwhelming he will lose this trial from the onset. At the rate it's going and she is murdering her own good standing and truthfulness and nothing heavy or substantial emerging to implicate him, then perhaps he has some type of chance to win it vs a jury? My wager is his honor is rectified no matter outcome enough as to be able to be in indie / niche movies again.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I wouldn't disregard it if I was a witness. Amber Heard exercised her right of freedom of speech, sure, but if what she said damaged Depp (it did) and she can't prove that what she said was true (she can't so far IMHO) then Depp definitely has a case. All the evidence she has is her word. Surely then it is relevant whether or not Depp has a history of domestic violence which is basically what she claimed. So Moss saying Depp never abused her surely is relevant to the case. It's not a smoking gun, no, but then there isn't one. Which is another reason why I'm leaning towards Depp being right in the case although obviously he's no angel.
Good points, I guess I was expecting more from Moss due to the inherent celebrations by Deppos team when she was spoken about.
Did Heard mention this incident in public or in the press? Because had she did then I'd say Moss would be a bigger hit, however just mentioning her name in court and a rumour about an incident doesn't seem relevant to this particular case still to me,
But I get how some might.

Champ

Yep, no really undisputed evidence of abuse to Heard, but clear evidence of a number against Depp
How about Deppo admitting to headbutting Heard?
That would appear to be damning evidence against Deppo, or at least as strong as any evidence against Heard being an abuser (and before it's mentioned, I have read the transcript and noted the context of the headbutt, but he still admitted to actively headbutting her).

I'd say the evidence is clear both were abusers, and both are culpable.

Drainy

Good points, I guess I was expecting more from Moss due to the inherent celebrations by Deppos team when she was spoken about.
Did Heard mention this incident in public or in the press? Because had she did then I'd say Moss would be a bigger hit, however just mentioning her name in court and a rumour about an incident doesn't seem relevant to this particular case still to me,
But I get how some might.
You're ignoring the real reason why they celebrated

Champ

You're ignoring the real reason why they celebrated
Because they could bring in another character witness and clear up some unsubstantiated rumours?
I'm still not sure why they celebrated, it's not that I'm ignoring it, it just doesn't compute fully with me.

Drainy

Because they could bring in another character witness and clear up some unsubstantiated rumours?
I'm still not sure why they celebrated, it's not that I'm ignoring it, it just doesn't compute fully with me.
I'll repeat then.

The psychologist said Heard only hit due to reactive violence and that there was no domestic violence in any previous relationships of Heard's. The judge didn't allow refutation of that.

Heard then mentioned Moss. This opened the door to exes. They asked Heard about if she had assaulted her ex, she denied it.

They brought up the press about it to refute her. She said it was a media plant by Depp.

That allowed them to bring in a witness who saw it.

Heard's expert is undermined in her opinion, Heard is caught in a lie.

They brought Moss in to bolster Depp, and deny the alleged incident.

So out of that they have Hughes' opinion of reactive violence undermined, Heard's credibility undermined, Heard as an abuser in the previous relationship before the jury and Depp being bolstered by an ex.

That is why they fist pumped. Its closing argument gold.

InfiniteBoredom

I'm enjoying the amateur lawyering in here, but what the feck is "Deppo"? Have I accidentally clicked on RAWK or Bluemoon or something?
He’s the only one who persists on using it, which is just weird when you come up with a nickname that is longer than the actual name.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Fair enough but that's not what this trial is about.
I'm not on the jury (I'm in the court of public opinion) so this trial is just about that for me.

Also I'm lucky that I'm not a supported of either so I don't care what the ruling is.

You may think this is a win lose , I think it's a lose lose.

That's also not what a majority of people think.
I'm not attempting to speak for the majority.

The general consensus is she would beat on him while he tried to run for cover and deescalate the situation.
You however are attempting to speak for the majority.

That is not what I've seen from the majority of people in this thread.

In fact what your posting is the kind of hysterical overreaction that is littered all throughout that Deuxmoi subreddit. (Also using the term "Southern gentleman to discribe Depp :lol: which is all over that subreddit)

They are both terribly biased sources yet you are happy to parrot propaganda from one while lambasting the other.

"The world is against her" because of "misogyny".

Nothing to do with falsely painting herself as solely a victim while being a domestic abuser.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
@RacingClub What you say resonates with me too. The verdict of a trial should never prevent one from having his own opinion on things.

There have been enough botched trials, too many innocent people wrongly condemned to take any verdict as gospel. It's about looking at the facts and making your own conclusions

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
@RacingClub What you say resonates with me too. The verdict of a trial should never prevent one from having his own opinion on things.

There have been enough botched trials, too many innocent people wrongly condemned to take any verdict as gospel. It's about looking at the facts and making your own conclusions
The only reason I'm so active here at the moment is because I tested positive for covid on Monday so I'm in isolation :lol:

I'm not a crusader for either party (unlike some posters) but I find the fact that she painted herself solely as the victim of domestic abuse (while being an active participant in a mutually abuse relationship, maybe even the primary abuser) distasteful.

So I'm happy that this trial occured so both have had their reputations sullied equally.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Question, what irrefutable evidence had been put out to show the Depp abuse on Amber?
As suspected you got a bias reply and if I give you my side it will be labeled biased on here so best thing to do is your own research and listen to all the clips yourself. There is plenty of evidence and Depp didn't just lose the UK trial in thin air.

shamans

How about Deppo admitting to headbutting Heard?
That would appear to be damning evidence against Deppo, or at least as strong as any evidence against Heard being an abuser (and before it's mentioned, I have read the transcript and noted the context of the headbutt, but he still admitted to actively headbutting her).

I'd say the evidence is clear both were abusers, and both are culpable.

11 witnesses have testified to Amber heard being abused and there are countless audios where at the very least Depp admits to mutual physical fights. The counter is all 11 are ambers friends and such but yeah.

Fluctuation0161

I'll repeat then.

The psychologist said Heard only hit due to reactive violence and that there was no domestic violence in any previous relationships of Heard's. The judge didn't allow refutation of that.

Heard then mentioned Moss. This opened the door to exes. They asked Heard about if she had assaulted her ex, she denied it.

They brought up the press about it to refute her. She said it was a media plant by Depp.

That allowed them to bring in a witness who saw it.

Heard's expert is undermined in her opinion, Heard is caught in a lie.

They brought Moss in to bolster Depp, and deny the alleged incident.

So out of that they have Hughes' opinion of reactive violence undermined, Heard's credibility undermined, Heard as an abuser in the previous relationship before the jury and Depp being bolstered by an ex.

That is why they fist pumped. Its closing argument gold.
Good breakdown.

Mercurial

The only reason I'm so active here at the moment is because I tested positive for covid on Monday so I'm in isolation :lol:

I'm not a crusader for either party (unlike some posters) but I find the fact that she painted herself solely as the victim of domestic abuse (while being an active participant in a mutually abuse relationship, maybe even the primary abuser) distasteful.

So I'm happy that this trial occured so both have had their reputations sullied equally.
No shame in enjoying the entertainment of the plebs. This trial is highly entertaining and accessible.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
No shame in enjoying the entertainment of the plebs. This trial is highly entertaining and accessible.
Oh don't get me wrong I'm def a pleb.

I just wouldn't have all the free time to watch and contribute to the thread if I was at work :lol:

I really enjoy cross exam, I think I missed my life calling.

Not so hot on the pre prepared testimony, just when it started to get probed.

shamans

I'm not on the jury (I'm in the court of public opinion) so this trial is just about that for me.

Also I'm lucky that I'm not a supported of either so I don't care what the ruling is.

You may think this is a win lose , I think it's a lose lose.

I'm not attempting to speak for the majority.

You however are attempting to speak for the majority.

That is not what I've seen from the majority of people in this thread.

In fact what your posting is the kind of hysterical overreaction that is littered all throughout that Deuxmoi subreddit. (Also using the term "Southern gentleman to discribe Depp :lol: which is all over that subreddit)

They are both terribly biased sources yet you are happy to parrot propaganda from one while lambasting the other.

"The world is against her" because of "misogyny".

Nothing to do with falsely painting herself as solely a victim while being a domestic abuser.
You are free to have your opinion. I'm not gonna try to defend myself with "parroting" Deuxmoi but if you read my posts you'd know its far from the truth. A lot of the opinions I shared here, I would get slaughtered for there and that should be enough.

the misogyny is evident. So many instances in this trial, if the roles were reversed the reaction would have been different and that's been proven.

kouroux

Hope all is good. It's good entertainment tbh, rich battling it out with millions of dollars in court.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
You were pegged the moment someone called you fox news @shamans

@RacingClub has called you out and the truth is he is correct, you are just regurgitating what you read elsewhere and when you can't answer for yourself you resort to simply repeating terms like "MAJORITY!" "MISOGYNY!" to deflect.

Depp is a scumbag, but what Heard and the likes of yourself are doing is way worse to the cause you pretend to give a shit about.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I'm not gonna try to defend myself with "parroting" Deuxmoi but if you read my posts you'd know its far from the truth.
The reason I asked you where you were getting your information from (and referenced Deuxmoi) is because I have read your posts.

So if I can deduce where you are getting your information from before you tell me I'd say I have a good idea of what your agenda is.

I think you are using the "Motte and Bailey Fallacy" to further your Pro Heard Agenda.

You claim "Both Sides" only to cover up the "Pro Heard" propaganda from Deuxmoi.

the misogyny is evident. So many instances in this trial, if the roles were reversed the reaction would have been different and that's been proven.
I don't agree with this , I'd say it's hyperbolic.

shamans

The reason I asked you where you were getting your information from (and referenced Deuxmoi) is because I have read your posts.

So if I can deduce where you are getting your information from before you tell me I'd say I have a good idea of what your agenda is.

I don't agree with this , I'd say it's hyperbolic.
What is my agenda? Getting a balanced view? You're accusing me of "parrotting" what Deuxmoi posts which is completely false when I've gone against their stance so many times on here. What alternative do you propose. I should only get my info from this thread?

Because last I check the consensus on here was that Johnny Depp lying about the texts he sent was a fair stance due to some far fetched conspiracy theories. Why do you or @Redlambs not call out that bias or "fake news"? That someone in 2017 stole his phone, blinded his lawyers and forgot that "molly" has a vagina? :lol:

Due to those views I have to get the other side of the story for exposure. If you don't think this forum is extremely biased as well then the problem is with your critical reading not mine. At least I admit the bias of each source I get my info from.

Mercurial

Oh don't get me wrong I'm def a pleb.

I just wouldn't have all the free time to watch and contribute to the thread if I was at work :lol:

I really enjoy cross exam, I think I missed my life calling.

Not so hot on the pre prepared testimony, just when it started to get probed.
This whole trial probably triggered career choice options to many of the viewers.

This trial probably will have some young people deciding on what to do to pick up and move into law field :lol:

(I got COVID right when Elden Ring released, but this might just have been a better time pass)

Redlambs

Because last I check the consensus on here was that Johnny Depp lying about the texts he sent was a fair stance due to some far fetched conspiracy theories. Why do you or @Redlambs not call out that bias or "fake news"? That someone in 2017 stole his phone, blinded his lawyers and forgot that "molly" has a vagina? :lol:
Because those people clearly want to believe what they want to. None of them are insipid like yourself, in trying to convince everyone they are "balanced".

But deflection aside, anyone can go on reddit right now and see your arguments and your phrases all over the place. You have been called out by many people over your blatant nonsense about not having a side, now it's undoubted.

You don't even understand what misogyny is, and I don't just mean googling the dictionary definition.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
What is my agenda? Getting a balanced view? You're accusing me of "parrotting" what Deuxmoi posts which is completely false when I've gone against their stance so many times on here.
Well from my perspective your Agenda is Pro Heard / Anti Depp.

You don't come across as balanced at all.

I said that you "Parrott" from Deuxmoi because you are literally posting content from their subreddit (the quote picture) ,using phrasing ( calling Depp "Southern Gentleman") from the subreddit and get live information from it ("I just read online that this witness follows a ProDepp Twitter") throughout trial days.

I don't really care about the fact that you are Pro Heard/ Anti Depp but you should just admit it rather than presenting yourself as balanced because it seems disingenuous.

Because last I check the consensus on here was that Johnny Depp lying about the texts he sent was a fair stance due to some far fetched conspiracy theories.
That's more hyperbole because that isn't the consensus, unless you took a poll that I missed?

I was engaging with you on this issue before this "Conspiracy Theory". Was presented.

I don't have the same issue with the other poster because he admits that he is biased :lol:

I take his opinions with a pinch of salt because he doesn't attempt to hide the fact that he is Pro Depp, he wouldn't even give an inch on the broken nose without bruises argument :lol: he does nothing to soften his propaganda to make it more palatable.

Due to those views I have to get the other side of the story for exposure.
So you do have an agenda/ crusade.

If you don't think this forum is extremely biased as well then the problem is with your critical reading not mine.
I do think this thread has a bias (But not to the extent that you are presenting) but it has more to do with the actions of the defendants and the evidence presented rather than their genitalia.

*My critical reading was also able to deduce the source of your news so it can't be that bad.

Redlambs

(Pssst, @shamans you have the third highest post count in this thread, you might need to start explaining what you mean by "general consensus", especially when a consensus is general anyway. Also, the top five are 2 on each side being a bit rabid about this and poor denis who, despite leaning to Depp's side based on what he is seeing, doesn't seem as hell bent as the rest of you. Even then, is 3 vs 2 really a "general consensus?")

Redlambs

I was engaging with you on this issue before this "Conspiracy Theory". Was presented.

I don't have the same issue with the other poster because he admits that he is biased :lol:

*My critical reading was also able to deduce the source of your news so it can't be that bad.
Ditto.

Or should that be "Deppo" if we are going to be children about such a serious subject?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Absolute madness that this thread is 51 pages. 5 weeks ago (or 5 years ago) it looked like a deranged person used and abused someone with a substance abuse problem. for years.

I’m sure Depp had moments of emotional reaction that he’s not proud of. We all probably have. It sucks.

I don’t think there’s Any evidence of him being a physically abusive person though. There’s lots of evidence of her being one.

I hate all of the meme shit and borderline glorification of an addict. And the vilification of a mental disturbed person. It’s all a bit shit really.

Stepping back a little : Chris Brown smacked the living Fcuk out of Rihanna. He’s touring globally. This shit is all meaningless as nobody cares for long enough.

Redlambs

Absolute madness that this thread is 51 pages. 5 weeks ago (or 5 years ago) it looked like a deranged person used and abused someone with a substance abuse problem. for years.

I’m sure Depp had moments of emotional reaction that he’s not proud of. We all probably have. It sucks.

I don’t think there’s Any evidence of him being a physically abusive person though. There’s lots of evidence of her being one.

I hate all of the meme shit and borderline glorification of an addict. And the vilification of a mental disturbed person. It’s all a bit shit really.

Stepping back a little : Chris Brown smacked the living Fcuk out of Rihanna. He’s touring globally. This shit is all meaningless as nobody cares for long enough.
Absolutely the most sane post in ages :lol:

kouroux

Regarding the Chris Brown point, a lot have changed since then but you are right, this whole thing won't be the end of Amber Heard.
I guess OnlyFans could be a legit career move for her in the future

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Anyone know who the peeps in the desk directly behind Depp are? More lawyers? I’d love to have that many lawyers if that’s what they are!

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Hope all is good. It's good entertainment tbh, rich battling it out with millions of dollars in court.
All good mate, just bored ok out of my skull!

Anyone know who the peeps in the desk directly behind Depp are? More lawyers? I’d love to have that many lawyers if that’s what they are!
I didn't watch the beginning of the trial but new lawyers keep popping out of the woodwork!

This whole trial probably triggered career choice options to many of the viewers.

This trial probably will have some young people deciding on what to do to pick up and move into law field :lol:

(I got COVID right when Elden Ring released, but this might just have been a better time pass)
Either that or expert witness!

I think I could do a better job than Heards Hollywood expert.