Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

CraftySoAndSo

squashing a rumor is not the same as proving someone lied and definitely not in court. If she had said "yes he pushed Kate moss" it would have been different.
It is an issue, Heard said it to add validity to what she was saying by claiming Depp had done it to someone else, doesn't matter if she thought it was a rumor as she tried to present it as a fact. Then it was proven that what she thought happened to Moss didn't actually happen, it doesn't help her if she can't substantiate these things before saying them under oath. She was under oath trying to pass a rumor as a fact which correct me if i'm wrong is hearsay, on top of that it looks like she's committed perjury as well in this trial.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Eh, what? No. A clash of heads is a headbutt. They are synonymous. He used the words headbutt in the audio and contextualised it when he gave his testimony.

If it happened as he describes then it's not a violent action and is irrelevant and just an unfortunate choice of words on his part.
You can't even accept the most obvious audio evidence out there of Depp headbutting Heard. For him, it must have been self defense or a mere clash.

shamans

It is an issue, Heard said it to add validity to what she was saying by claiming Depp had done it to someone else, doesn't matter if she thought it was a rumor as she tried to present it as a fact. Then it was proven that what she thought happened to Moss didn't actually happen, it doesn't help her if she can't substantiate these things before saying them under oath. She was under oath trying to pass a rumor as a fact which correct me if i'm wrong is hearsay, on top of that it looks like she's committed perjury as well in this trial.
What she said under oath was "All I could think of was Kate Moss and stairs". That is not perjury in any sense.

Cloud7

It's interesting to me to see the stark contrast in the views of all the women I know in real life who have been following this case closely, who see it as very significant for "Deppo" to open up about his abuse, in a world where men being abused by women is still a difficult topic, and think that Heard trying to portray herself as a victim has been abhorrent, and then on here there are dudes saying that anyone who thinks she takes the lion's share of responsibility here is being misogynistic.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
It's interesting to me to see the stark contrast in the views of all the women I know in real life who have been following this case closely, who see it as very significant for "Deppo" to open up about his abuse, in a world where men being abused by women is still a difficult topic, and think that Heard trying to portray herself as a victim has been abhorrent, and then on here there are dudes saying that anyone who thinks she takes the lion's share of responsibility here is being misogynistic.
I also don't get how calling out AH for laughing and smiling while someone is saying she uses her sister as a punching bag is misogyny, I've seen that here too.

shamans

and I know plenty of men and women on the other side so I don't think that proves anything. Gatekeeping domestic violence has been an issue in this case

hobbers

You can't even accept the most obvious audio evidence out there of Depp headbutting Heard. For him, it must have been self defense or a mere clash.
What do you mean accept the audio evidence? :lol:

If a headbutt happened because Depp was trying to restrain Heard when she was being violent, then obviously it doesn't count as violence from him. End of story.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
It's interesting to me to see the stark contrast in the views of all the women I know in real life who have been following this case closely, who see it as very significant for "Deppo" to open up about his abuse, in a world where men being abused by women is still a difficult topic, and think that Heard trying to portray herself as a victim has been abhorrent, and then on here there are people saying that anyone who thinks she takes the lion's share of responsibility here is being misogynistic.
Those are simpletons who have fallen victim to the smear campaign masterminded by Depp.

Or star struck superfans.

Or celebrity enthusiasts.

shamans

I also don't get how calling out AH for laughing and smiling while someone is saying she uses her sister as a punching bag is misogyny, I've seen that here too.
For someone who thinks its fair game to give their spouse a self defense "headbutt" I don't think the definitions of misogyny will be clear to them, so I don't blame you. Too many video games maybe :lol:

Cloud7

Those are simpletons who have fallen victim to the smear campaign masterminded by Depp.

Or star struck superfans.

Or celebrity enthusiasts.
That damn Deppo.

Honestly the best thing about this thread for me has been him getting a nickname that is longer than his actual name :lol:

Did anyone try "Deppy" at any point?

shamans

What do you mean accept the audio evidence? :lol:

If a headbutt happened because Depp was trying to restrain Heard when she was being violent, then obviously it doesn't count as violence from him. End of story.
And where in the audio does it say this? "I headbutted you in the fecking forehead". This is in response to Heard telling him so you can punch and throw headbutts but I can't scream. So where did you get the "self defense headbutt" from?

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
And where in the audio does it say this? "I headbutted you in the fecking forehead". This is in response to Heard telling him so you can punch and throw headbutts but I can't scream. So where did you get the "self defense headbutt" from?
Stuff like this is why I began to question your "Balanced" routine.

You know where the additional context that @hobbers is providing came from.

sport2793

When you want to intentionally headbutt someone, you normally aim for the nose, him saying that in response to her sounds like it may have been more accidental.

shamans

When you want to intentionally headbutt someone, you normally aim for the nose, him saying that in response to her sounds like it may have been more accidental.
Because he said "I head butted you in the forehead not the nose" and not "we clashed heads" there is no way to deduce accidental.

shamans

Surely, surely you can't be defending the Sun? I mean Heard is one thing, but that is too far.

My word, where's that Mitchell and Webb Nazi meme when I need it :lol:
That's the funny thing. Jonny Depp lost to the freaking SUN of all newspapers! Think of how weak his case was :lol: That too in the UK where it is much easier than the US to win a defamation suit.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Because he said "I head butted you in the forehead not the nose" and not "we clashed heads" there is no way to deduce accidental.

Couldn't you do one of those calculations like this:

If you look at any piece of evidence on it's own it won't work but add up all of this:

1) Depps violent past reported by Kate Moss and another ex (I'm forgetting the name she was involved in the UK high court case)
2) Suns 12 counts of accusation against him withheld in a UK high court
3) Bruises on Amber Heard with pictures shared
4) Depps obvious problems with alcohol and drugs
5) A board certified psychologist Dr. Dawn Hughes has said she clearly sees sexual and physical abuse from Depp. I've heard a lot about this psychologist being a quack. I think that's none sense but yes she's Heard's psychologist so there is bias here but at best I think there would be exaggeration of events. Not "just never happened".
6) Depps apologies on text, texts to friends.
7) Depps assistant said Depp was apologetic, appalled and sad when I would tell him about how he beat her up. He claims Depp would say he had an illness (addiction) and didn't remember any of this. Here its possible Depp's own assistent is lying but again, it's all these cases combined.
8) Amber Heard has texts to friends and families as well as diary notes from the times he hit her all the way back to 2013.

There is all of this. And again, she could be framing him but for me it's easier to understand that he did hit her.
To deduce it?

You deduced that he physically attacked her from rumour/ speculation?

Can you deduce that it was an accidental headbutt from evidence and testimony?

hobbers

From his testimony obviously.

Have you actually never seen or been in a fight before? That's the only reason I can think of why you're having such a hard time picturing how a forehead to forehead headbutt would happen in a fight. Clue: it would almost never be intentional.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
No, I don't believe so. There's nothing to suggest she was. Being a shitty husband due to being a drug and alcohol addict (which she is also guilty of, btw) is not the same as being an abuser. And as far as the headbutt goes, we talked about it. Depp claims in the recording he headbutted her on the forehead which implies it was not intentional. Depp on the stand says in a scuffle their heads might have met each other which sounds likely. Now the reason why I don't take the headbutt from Depp as an actual intentional headbutt despite him admitting it is because it was done in response to Amber blaming her for him headbutting her which would imply he was placating. The same way he was placating about the finger where he says even to Amber that his finger fell off or something when we know what happened due to the tape rercording in the hospital which can't be admitted in this trial.

Judging by the recordings Depp has a very weird way of placating Amber and her words which is another indication it's not very likely he was abusive. Abusers either blame the victim or are dismissive about it in a "so what, what are you gonna do about it" way. Depp in the recordings often takes the blame for any grievance Amber has against him and seems to cower to her demands. And even if for a moment we pretend and that it was a real, intentional headbutt with the idea of hurting Amber, it was a single instance that we have evidence of of Depp ever being violent with her. And we know that the headbutt at least came when Amber was in a state of frenzy, at least, which gives credit to Depp's story of what happened.

At any rate, I find it hard to believe that some people still call a guy who runs in bathrooms to hide from his spouse as an abuser. That doesn't make any sense.
This is what I don't get.

You are willing to believe nearly every word Deppo says, but not Heardios?
Did this happen before the trial, or was their an unconscious bias built up before hand.

This is the most interesting thing for me. As someone who is not on social media, doesn't really watch mainstream movies and doesn't really watch TV, I have no sway either way and the outcome of this trial really doesn't bother me at all.

Yet, for some, they appear to be frothing at the mouth at the fact that Heardio could indeed be lying, whilst in turn believing nearly every word Deppo says.

It's a damning aspect of society that fame and celebrity culture trumps morals. This trial has proved it beyond doubt for me.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
This is what I don't get.

You are willing to believe nearly every word Deppo says, but not Heardios?
Did this happen before the trial, or was their an unconscious bias built up before hand.

This is the most interesting thing for me. As someone who is not on social media, doesn't really watch mainstream movies and doesn't really watch TV, I have no sway either way and the outcome of this trial really doesn't bother me at all.

Yet, for some, they appear to be frothing at the mouth at the fact that Heardio could indeed be lying, whilst in turn believing nearly every word Deppo says.

It's a damning aspect of society that fame and celebrity culture trumps morals. This trial has proved it beyond doubt for me.
So dramatic :lol: