Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

Strats

Did he just say no way a child being emotionally abused is as bad as being physically abused as an adult?

That's scummy.
Very scummy

He also left out that Depp was also physically abused during his childhood

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Despite how funny some of the bits from this were at the start, I've massively lost interest in this. Perhaps because it's gone on too long but I'm surprised the thread is being bumped so often.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
This lawyer is a massive scumbag, exactly what you'd think of when you think American defence lawyer.
He's just doing his job, at least from my point of view. But not a very good one at it. Be condescending to a jury who's been listening for six weeks, tell them they're smart boys and girls who should look only at certain things and nothing else. Tell them what exactly is relevant, what is irrelevant - it's not as if they know and have instructed about the same. Of course they'll listen to you.

JD should have had no chance at all (still think he's not winning anything), but AH and her team have tried their best to change that.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
He's just doing his job, at least from my point of view. But not a very good one at it. Be condescending to a jury who's been listening for six weeks, tell them they're smart boys and girls who should look only at certain things and nothing else. Tell them what exactly is relevant, what is irrelevant - it's not as if they know and have instructed about the same. Of course they'll listen to you.

JD should have had no chance at all (still think he's not winning anything), but AH and her team have tried their best to change that.
I'm talking specifically where he states in no way can child psychological abuse be as bad as adult physical abuse, and that no way can someone being abused can still love their partner.

It may be his job, but it's fecking scum still and pisses all over real domestic/child abuse situations.

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
I'm talking specifically where he states in no way can child psychological abuse be as bad as adult physical abuse, and that no way can someone being abused can still love their partner.

It may be his job, but it's fecking scum still and pisses all over real domestic/child abuse situations.
Agreed with that.

The closing gets from bad to worse - this is such a car crash. Statments where he tells the jury things like 'you can't do this and you can't do that' or likewise - such gaslighting. 'That's abuse' for every single thing is clearly so bullshit. Some of them are very valid arguments that win you the case, but when you claim abuse for everything, it's boy who cried wolf.

Again, you have the case, why would you go ahead and insult the jury's intelligence. It's mindboggling.

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
Incoherent grandma who has just been pranked by kids and is pissed off. Take 2, Elaine Bredehoft. 'Ma'am, we need you to shout even louder.'

I'll miss this drama when it's gone.

CraftySoAndSo

There can be sanctions after a proceeding if a lawyer or party has behaved in an unethical or negligent way.

Her behaviour has been terrible throughout
So Heard's lawyers want to sanction Depp's? Shouldn't it be the other way round.

CraftySoAndSo

No, her behaviour is so bad that she should be sanctioned
That's what i'm saying. I'm asking if it was Heard's lawyers who wanted to sanction Depp's lawyers and if it was then it should be Depp's lawyers sanctioning Heard's lawyers.