Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp | Depp wins on all 3 counts

hobbers

The awful acting and fakery from Heard has just been next level. All the way through.

Drainy

The awful acting and fakery from Heard has just been next level. All the way through.
It was funny when Depp's lawyer started messing with her by doing deliberately baseless objections just as she was getting into acting out emotions.

She was using a 'going down the well' technique of working herself up before getting to the part she's meant to be upset about, so getting the jolt she would go back to neutral and struggle to be realistic when talking about the things she should be really upset about if it happened.

Toblerone92

Maybe they believe Deppo is still redeemable? He can be a nasty person, that's what drug & alcohol do to people but Deppo has been in the entertaiment industry for a long time and very consistent with this character of his, including on the court today and for that reason, many people know it and willing to give him benefit of the doubt this time.
A good comeback/redemption arc also plays a huge factor here, everyone loves one. You pretend like this happened out of nowhere, it's not. Most people had shit on Deppo and his family for 4-6 years straight because some taloids told lies, it would've never had to be like this if some of them had stopped.

In comparision, Miss Heardio can't keep her story clean & straight. You don't have to be a psychologist to tell she's narcissist and she really thinks it's everone else's fault but her.
I'm 100 percent sure if she had dropped the "damsel in distress & sole victim" act from the beginning and be more consistent with 'mutually abusive relationship' story which what this is. More people would feel sympathy and want to side with her but it has come to a point that she lied so much and starting to believe her own lies.
Why can't we be more sympathetic? Well, for starter, don't try to sell 2-3 stories all at one, it rubs people the wrong way. Miss Heardio is her own biggest enemy, can't blame anyone for it.
How can a relationship be mutually abusive when there is a huge power imbalance between the two people involved? Is a woman who hits back at her abusive husband in your everyday domestic setting in a 'mutually abusive relationship'? You only have to look at his legions of fans frothing at the mouth to discredit Heard and declare their incessant love for Depp to realise he knew exactly what he was doing when the decided to take the case to the American courts and televise the whole thing, and see the immense gulf in status and fame between the two.

I find it worrying so many people choose to ignore Heard's testimony that he abused her, sexually assaulted her and sent texts talking about defiling her corpse, and instead dismiss it as the kind of account made by a hysterical and narcissistic woman who is seeking vengeance on her ex-husband. This is also the narrative perpetuated by supporters of Woody Alan and Bill Cosby and was the initial rebuttal from attorneys of Harvey Weinstein before it transpired he had been on a rampage of abuse and exploitation for years. What kind of precedent does this set for other women that choose to (or following this case choose not to) speak out about their experiences and abuse?

Last edited:

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
We need to see the reaction of the person those notes went to. :lol:
It was funny when Depp's lawyer started messing with her by doing deliberately baseless objections just as she was getting into acting out emotions.

She was using a 'going down the well' technique of working herself up before getting to the part she's meant to be upset about, so getting the jolt she would go back to neutral and struggle to be realistic when talking about the things she should be really upset about if it happened.
I think in general you guys are quite unfair to her, but that was a great tactic by the lawyer. Whether she was actually being dishonest in what she said or simply well drilled is up for debate. But her interrupted evidence looked at face value to be contrived, which means Depp’s team have absolutely done their jobs there.

Drainy

You have to question that legal team as well who is letting her go ahead with that stuff in court. :lol:
The client decides. They can go against the advice of counsel.

If you have a client that is more interested in their own agenda rather than winning a case they can be hard to wrangle.

Moby

Dick
The client decides. They can go against the advice of counsel.

If you have a client that is more interested in their own agenda rather than winning a case they can be hard to wrangle.
That's what it feels like, a good client would listen to their attorneys because guess what, they do this day in day out. Her side has always felt like her calling the shots.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think in general you guys are quite unfair to her, but that was a great tactic by the lawyer. Whether she was actually being dishonest in what she said or simply well drilled is up for debate. But her interrupted evidence looked at face value to be contrived, which means Depp’s team have absolutely done their jobs there.
Did you quote me by accident?

MichaelRed

How can a relationship be mutually abusive when there is a huge power imbalance between the two people involved? Is a woman who hits back at her abusive husband in your everyday domestic setting in a 'mutually abusive relationship'? You only have to look at his legions of fans frothing at the mouth to discredit Heard and declare their incessant love for Depp to realise he knew exactly what he was doing when the decided to take the case to the American courts and televise the whole thing, and see the immense gulf in status and fame between the two.

I find it worrying so many people choose to ignore Heard's testimony that he abused her, sexually assaulted her and sent texts talking about defiling her corpse, and instead dismiss it as the kind of account made by a hysterical and narcissistic woman who is seeking vengeance on her ex-husband. This is also the narrative perpetuated by supporters of Woody Alan and Bill Cosby and was the initial rebuttal from attorneys of Harvey Weinstein before it transpired he had been on a rampage of abuse and exploitation for years. What kind of precedent does this set for other women that choose to (or following this case choose not to) speak out about their experiences and abuse?
Help. I can't see the white text? or the /s?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

I don't even know where to begin with this.

Redlambs

Yeah, the problem as I see it is she came across a way that really doesn't seem human. Neither you, I nor anyone else in here knows what she is really like, but one thing I do know is that nobody can watch her on the stand and not think it's incredibly odd that she comes across as cold and calculated in some way.

Perhaps that does a disservice to her as a person, perhaps she really is that sociopathic, but whatever way you look at it that was a terrible decision to have her so scripted and attempting emotions at the exact spots they were supposed to be in.

It's a shambles.
I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to @Toblerone92, perhaps they simply haven't followed any of it and just go with the "believe" mantra. Hopefully we will get clarification.

Anustart89

If I don't agree with this post, does that make me a misogynist?

hobbers

What kind of precedent does this set for other women that choose to (or following this case choose not to) speak out about their experiences and abuse?
Which is why the only correct point of view is to be outraged by Amber and her obvious lies, and the damage her lies have done for genuine victims of sexual and domestic violence.

Sylar

Haven't posted here but have been following the case
But have read the last few pages of this thread

Some of the posts here just don't seem real otherwise if they are, it's worrying

sport2793

Normally this would be my default position too, but following this trial has made me feel this situation may in fact be a rare exception. Heard is not trustworthy and definitely benefited to some degree from the 2018 op-ed. It reminds me a bit of the Tara Reade allegations against Joe Biden in the 2020 elections and contrasts with other situations like Chris Brown, Trump, Kavanaugh etc. where I thought the multiple witnesses who came forward in those instances, including the victims, were extremely credible.

Strats

Full credit to the guy besides her for restraining his reaction. :lol:
Get the feeling that he closes his eyes for a second when she looks at him to try to avoid her noticing that he sees what she's doing :lol:

fallengt

In all honesty I haven't followed it at all. Certainly not for 60+ hours.
It's worth it I'd say. Trial is full of comedic contents. Almost unreal

Sorry for the passive agressiveness in my previous post but you sounded like someone who had already decided the outcome before it even started and only seek for certain 'source' to validate your view.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Ignore anyone that uses ‘Deppo’. Twats, all of them.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Haven't posted here but have been following the case
But have read the last few pages of this thread

Some of the posts here just don't seem real otherwise if they are, it's worrying
Anyone paying even the slightest bit of attention and not realising that it’s a legal scrap between a drunken addict that was almost certainly a terrible human…. And a mentally broken terrible human….

Worrying.

Bin them both.

Personally, I think she’s probably the aggressor almost always. But he’s probably abused his position as bigger/stronger/richer, several times.

Nobody needs to see this shit played out.

Redlambs

In all honesty I haven't followed it at all. Certainly not for 60+ hours.
Well it's not always about simply "believing".

And men can be victims too.

This trial is everything the campaign to end domestic abuse doesn't need. Played out between two horrible people, and lawyers who will say anything to win including dismissing major issues like child abuse and PTSD.

Drainy

I have to ask, if you were innocent of domestic violence and your abusive wife accused you publicly after sending increasing demands, in order to get an advantage in a divorce filed shortly after your mother's death and finding out that you have had $650m stolen from you and owe $100m in taxes that your managers didn't pay for you, creating a cash flow problem, wouldn't you expect a little leeway in the venting about this person?

Baring in mind also that she timed filing the TRO request to while he was out of the country for a month to not have the opportunity to fight it and so she can control the press narrative.

I can tell you this, some of the things I'd be saying about this person to my closest friends would be spicy as feck.

Redlambs

I have to ask, if you were innocent of domestic violence and your abusive wife accused you publicly after sending increasing demands, in order to get an advantage in a divorce filed shortly after your mother's death and finding out that you have had $650m stolen from you and owe $100m in taxes that your managers didn't pay for you, creating a cash flow problem, wouldn't you expect a little leeway in the venting about this person?

Baring in mind also that she timed filing the TRO request to while he was out of the country for a month to not have the opportunity to fight it and so she can control the press narrative.

I can tell you this, some of the things I'd be saying about this person to my closest friends would be spicy as feck.
I have to keep my trap shut and let the anger sit inside. Because my two boys can never hear me talk about their mother in that way.

I don't even risk texting friends my thoughts for that very reason. And though whilst I would not be as nasty and weird as Depp's words, even the truth about her could be twisted in a case like this.

MichaelRed

Nope. If this happened to me I'd just carry on like a champ, I certainly wouldn't send vulgar messages, in private, to my closest friends. I'd also expect to be written off as a disgusting person if my private messages were nefariously leaked. In some ways, ranting about being abused is far worse than being the actual abuser.

/s btw.

MichaelRed

I have to keep my trap shut and let the anger sit inside. Because my two boys can never hear me talk about their mother in that way.

I don't even risk texting friends my thoughts for that very reason. And though whilst I would not be as nasty and weird as Depp's words, even the truth about her could be twisted in a case like this.
This is something that bothers me in this case. In all the 8000 texts they combed through, he doesn't send these obscene messages to Heard. A lot of people, not saying you here btw, are acting like he said these things directly to her. He sent them in private during a time of suffering I can't even pretend I can imagine & then, mysteriously, his 8000 texts fell into the lap of her legal team.

Drainy

Nope. If this happened to me I'd just carry on like a champ, I certainly wouldn't send vulgar messages, in private, to my closest friends. I'd also expect to be written off as a disgusting person if my private messages were nefariously leaked. In some ways, ranting about being abused is far worse than being the actual abuser.

/s btw.
And Heard wants people to call her the imperfect victim not behaving how people want them to.