Amir Ibragimov

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Could he feature in the Youth Cup tonight I wonder?

Thiagoal

Could he feature in the Youth Cup tonight I wonder?
I was wondering the same but as he’s not been back long in 16’s I doubt it. May sneak onto the bench and hopefully play a big part later on in the cup

Borninthe80ts

Worth remembering at the same age (u16) Rooney led Everton to the Youth cup final scoring 8 goals in the competition.
When I compare the 2 it’s not in trajectory but attitude and attributes. Rooney was physically developed from 14/15 and Amir the opposite. Sometimes things just stand out, doesn’t mean I think he will be as good.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What's wrong with him? Quite like his podcast "the xg files" with the rest of the boys of Stretford paddock.
He doesn't evaluate our players well in my opinion and he's incredibly self absorbed.

Recently he bigged up Amrabat when he had a decent 45 mins for Liverpool.

Gungerz

Honestly haven't seen a right lot of him, I only really get to see them when make it to U18 level. @Gungerz, @khoazany or @jb8521 might have more insight - although not sure JB posts here anymore.
Not going to talk too much about him. There are LOTS of people hyping him up & giving detailed opinions on him when in reality there's only maybe 10 games of his that these people (including me) could've possibly seen.

He looks a great prospect but let's wait until he starts playing in the 18s. Worth remembering he doesn't even really have a set position yet, which is fine and a good thing but just means people shouldn't talk with such certainty about him.

Prodigal7

Not going to talk too much about him. There are LOTS of people hyping him up & giving detailed opinions on him when in reality there's only maybe 10 games of his that these people (including me) could've possibly seen.

He looks a great prospect but let's wait until he starts playing in the 18s. Worth remembering he doesn't even really have a set position yet, which is fine and a good thing but just means people shouldn't talk with such certainty about him.
100% agree. After James Wilson I hesitate to say whether any u16 is likely to make it, regardless of how good they are.

Bondi77

Needs to bulk up and get a loan to a good Championship club.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
100% agree. After James Wilson I hesitate to say whether any u16 is likely to make it, regardless of how good they are.
Honestly, I’ve been watching youth football for a long, long time and I still find it difficult to tell who’s got a chance of making it at U18/U21 level. Greenwood’s pretty much the only sure thing I’ve seen in the last 10 years or so.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
@Adnan @AltiUn what are your opinions on him? Just saw Howson upload a video labelling him an insane talent.
I had a nephew who was in the Sheffield United academy (currently Burnley u14s). And I got to see Ibragimov play quite a bit at the academy level. It was easy to spot his talent, but it's difficult to tell how talented he actually is, until he plays higher up the levels in academy football. And even then it's difficult tell, unless you see the youngsters training with the first team players.

But having said that, he's technically strong, seems to have a big goal threat and is strong at carrying the ball through midfield. Very tenacious player that adds real intensity to the game with and without the ball. There's a long way to go for him, but you should be excited in anticipation of what might blossom into a very good player in the future.

Hammondo

I had a nephew who was in the Sheffield United academy (currently Burnley u14s). And I got to see Ibragimov play quite a bit at the academy level. It was easy to spot his talent, but it's difficult to tell how talented he actually is, until he plays higher up the levels in academy football. And even then it's difficult tell, unless you see the youngsters training with the first team players.

But having said that, he's technically strong, seems to have a big goal threat and is strong at carrying the ball through midfield. Very tenacious player that adds real intensity to the game with and without the ball. There's a long way to go for him, but you should be excited in anticipation of what might blossom into a very good player in the future.
So you are saying he has a quantity, but you don't know how much?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
So you are saying he has a quantity, but you don't know how much?
What I'm saying is that his quality is obvious for his age, but until I see him play regularly at under 18 & under 21 level, It's difficult to say how big of a talent he actually is. He might be a huge talent, but I don't want to go overboard just yet on a very young kid that is only still 15.

STYLOISRED

What I'm saying is that his quality is obvious for his age, but until I see him play regularly at under 18 & under 21 level, It's difficult to say how big of a talent he actually is. He might be a huge talent, but I don't want to go overboard just yet on a very young kid that is only still 15.
Pfft! At Barcelona he would already be making the bench. We are terrible at developing talent.
/s

Hammondo

I'm just joking with you.

Thiagoal

Playing for the U21’s at 15 is very rare and shows just how big a talent the kid is

saik

Didn't he also make his u18s debut today? Is that pretty normal? Playing for both u18s and u21s on the same day?

In Rainbows

What was most encouraging is that he's a lot bigger than last year. Last year you could tell players had a big advantage physically against him. He was able to be bullied off the ball. Now it doesn't seem like it. Then again, that's normal for a teenager after almost a year of aging.

Gungerz

Didn't he also make his u18s debut today? Is that pretty normal? Playing for both u18s and u21s on the same day?
21s & 18s on the same day is pretty rare but only because of the scheduling. They almost never play on the same day & at the same place (or nearby in this case).

But U16s will regularly play with both their age group & then the U18s in the same day. For example Albert Mills, who was on the bench today but didn't get on, was playing with the 16s on the other pitch.

saik

21s & 18s on the same day is pretty rare but only because of the scheduling. They almost never play on the same day & at the same place (or nearby in this case).

But U16s will regularly play with both their age group & then the U18s in the same day. For example Albert Mills, who was on the bench today but didn't get on, was playing with the 16s on the other pitch.
Yea, I don't think I saw anyone play for both u18s and u21s on the same day. Felt it was pretty interesting that the coaching staff thought it was okay for him to play in both albeit only from the bench.

No, 18s debut was last season (as a 14-year-old) as far as I can recall. Today was his first 18s game this season.
Probably why I thought it was his debut. I have no recollection of him playing for u18s before today. :lol:

Redivy

Don’t follow our youth set up too closely but I keep seeing this fellas name coming up on social media.

I don’t know if it’s just our fan base desperate for hope but I see people saying he is the very best talent in our academy, others mentioning him as Ravel quality at that age.

Player development is never linear, but if anyone could provide more context on what type of player he plays like, and what his current level is?

Pericles

Don’t follow our youth set up too closely but I keep seeing this fellas name coming up on social media.

I don’t know if it’s just our fan base desperate for hope but I see people saying he is the very best talent in our academy, others mentioning him as Ravel quality at that age.

Player development is never linear, but if anyone could provide more context on what type of player he plays like, and what his current level is?
He is a smaller, weaker, less talented Wayne Rooney.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

People hyping him up will have barely seen him play, ask us again in a year when he’s had more than a handful of appearances for the U18s.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
People hyping him up will have barely seen him play, ask us again in a year when he’s had more than a handful of appearances for the U18s.
Tbf I vaguely remember seeing him quite some time ago in I think it was an U14 tournament and he looked class then as one of the youngest players. If he's carried on in the same vein then he's probably already a very good player at U18 level. Next step would be doing it against men I suppose.

kaku06

Got the new Scholes (Mainoo). Waiting for the new Giggs (Lacey) and Rooney to break through.

Thiagoal

For 15 years of age he looks like an incredible talent. The Rooney comparisons probably give you the best idea of what sort of player he is. One of those guys that can basically play anywhere due to his technique, work rate and enthusiasm to get on the ball. I think he’ll end up as a 10 as he can make space really well and get on the ball in dangerous areas. He’s also a fantastic finisher. For all the tools to be special but as we all know that guarantees nothing at 15

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Any chance his da was a big fan of Ibrahimovic but he wanted the name to be different so he went with Ibragimov?