Amy Coney-Barrett | Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
GOP Game of Thrones vs. Democratic West Wing

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: McConnell is obsessed with power and taking over the courts, and he treats every single day as an episode of Game of Thrones — all of his moves are power moves, even ones that seem harmless. And so when he signals that he needs a temporary adjournment resolution, he is telling us that this is part of his Supreme Court strategy. By contrast, Democrats for too long have treated every day as an episode of The West Wing, thinking that norms and etiquette can stop the march of fascism.
This is a pretty good analogy actually.

Dems won’t do shit.

GiddyUp

If the Dems don't pack the court I think they should impeach one of those trump picks.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If the Dems don't pack the court I think they should impeach one of those trump picks.
Impeaching anyone wouldn't work since it required 2/3 of the Senate.

They should definitely pack the feck out of the court if Biden wins though.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in Biden doing that. He’s going to make all of Obama’s mistakes again and bend over backwards to rebuild the bipartisan relationship and work with with them across the aisle and they will mug him off in the process.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

Would Senators like the awful Manchin and that airhead Arizonan go with that though?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in Biden doing that. He’s going to make all of Obama’s mistakes again and bend over backwards to rebuild the bipartisan relationship and work with with them across the aisle and they will mug him off in the process.
Absolutely guaranteed.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Hard to say what will happen. One thing is for sure - if he has no intention of packing the court then he would say so now. The fact that he and Harris are tapdancing around the issue suggests they may give it a shot.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Hard to say what will happen. One thing is for sure - if he has no intention of packing the court then he would say so now. The fact that he and Harris are tapdancing around the issue suggests they may give it a shot.
They know the left are begging for it, if they rule it out they will lose support. It would be clear evidence they have more intention of pleasing the Lincoln Project than the Bernie Bros.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
They know the left are begging for it, if they rule it out they will lose support. It would be clear evidence they have more intention of pleasing the Lincoln Project than the Bernie Bros.
There may be some truth in that. Court packing is the one issue Republicans are attempting to fearmonger their base into turning out on Nov 3rd at the moment.

I think Biden also wants to wait and see how the Comey-Barrett situation unfurls in the coming weeks since he can use her hearings to animate better Dem turnout without simultaneously estranging GOP refugees and independents.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The Dems seem resigned to the fact that this is going to happen and are ratcheting up the unfairness of it to justify Biden taking action on the other side of the election, it seems.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The only hope of it not happening is if CV rips through the senate.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The Dems seem resigned to the fact that this is going to happen and are ratcheting up the unfairness of it to justify Biden taking action on the other side of the election, it seems.
Just watched a bit of it and from what I saw it’s a completely different tone from the Republicans compared to the Kavanaugh hearing, the impeachment hearings and the Mueller hearings. Much gentler, they same acutely aware that they’re attempting to persuade moderate independents here rather than ratchet up Trump’s base.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
sen. Kennedy called Kavanaugh hearings a "freak show" like the "Star Wars cantina".

Said calling someone a racist was one of the worst things someone could ever call someone then implied Dems might call Amy covid Barret "Rosemary's Baby".

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
sen. Kennedy called Kavanaugh hearings a "freak show" like the "Star Wars cantina".

Said calling someone a racist was one of the worst things someone could ever call someone then implied Dems might call Amy covid Barret "Rosemary's Baby".
Said Americans love democracy and that’s so important when it seems like the world is becoming authoritarian.

I can’t tell if these people have a sick sense of humour or if they’ve actually drank the kool aid.

Suv666

Yup

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
So, all hysteria aside, who else thinks she’s a proper MILF? :devil:
Yeah probably would. Madly intense eyes, I‘d worry she’d probably boil and eat my head afterwards though.

sport2793

This is my current default position but with Biden and Harris intentionally not committing to an answer on packing the courts, I do think there is room there to convince Biden if ACB gets rammed through and rules in a controversial way on any ruling in the next few months.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
So, all hysteria aside, who else thinks she’s a proper MILF? :devil:
I dont disagree she is a good looking woman, but you just stated why the majority of republican voting men are a-ok with her without caring about anything else. Just like all the ones ive spoken with who voted Trump bc of Ivanka and Melania. Bc we're still in the 50s in many of their minds. Dont forget either how many barbie dolls the right puts up as spokes persons.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
I dont disagree she is a good looking woman, but you just stated why the majority of republican voting men are a-ok with her without caring about anything else. Just like all the ones ive spoken with who voted Trump bc of Ivanka and Melania. Bc we're still in the 50s in many of their minds. Dont forget either how many barbie dolls the right puts up as spokes persons.
You are most probably right, that’s why my next post, asking what are the major concerns about her appointment.