And he rejected Real

Flying Fox

If Pérez refused to bid for Ronaldinho because he teeth were fecked, it makes it a lot more perplexing that he'd go for Tevez.

Would be interesting to see when an alleged Real bid was lodged, because I don't believe this at all.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Jopub is a WUM, Tevez is not that great, he was not mistreated, and we won't miss him that much.

Tevez's Mum

Kia Joorabchian's Ho!
If Pérez refused to bid for Ronaldinho because he teeth were fecked, it makes it a lot more perplexing that he'd go for Tevez.

Would be interesting to see when an alleged Real bid was lodged, because I don't believe this at all.
Why? WHen both Real and Tevez/Kia admit to having talks and making an offer. :confused:

Edit, this was before Perez was in power!

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
Jopub is a WUM, Tevez is not that great, he was not mistreated, and we won't miss him that much.
No, I've always rated Tevez - he brought a lot to your side particularly in games where rarely you were on the wrong end of the scoreline - he's not what I call an 'in front' player he really rolls his sleeves up and gets stuck in and for me those players are worth every fking penny and its that with his penchant for getting goals in big games that I think you'll miss.

How is that a wind up?

He was treated a shabbily cos you tried, in the final analysis, to nick him on the cheap.

You'll miss him in certain games, the bigger ones imo, as he never hid in any of those (when picked!) and often dug you out of a hole.

afrocentricity

No, I've always rated Tevez - he brought a lot to your side particularly in games where rarely you were on the wrong end of the scoreline - he's not what I call an 'in front' player he really rolls his sleeves up and gets stuck in and for me those players are worth every fking penny and its that with his penchant for getting goals in big games that I think you'll miss.

How is that a wind up?

He was treated a shabbily cos you tried, in the final analysis, to nick him on the cheap.

You'll miss him in certain games, the bigger ones imo, as he never hid in any of those (when picked!) and often dug you out of a hole.
1) Explains why you rate him so highly, fair enough. Thats what I liked about Smudger, but no one was calling Smith 'World Class' or a vital peace of the puzzle.

2) We offered him the full amount and terms equalling that of our highest earners, but that aside, after the season he just had you and I would be trying to 'nick him on the cheap' too.

3) I think you're getting him mixed up with Ronaldo, the bigger loss I'm sure you'll agree. To be fair he did have a knack of scoring crucial goals. Micky Owen will have big boots to fill. ;)

Jopub

1) Explains why you rate him so highly, fair enough. Thats what I liked about Smudger, but no one was calling Smith 'World Class' or a vital peace of the puzzle.
Fskes Alan Smith > Carlos Tevez - what the fk is wrong with you :houllier:

2) We offered him the full amount and terms equalling that of our highest earners, but that aside, after the season he just had you and I would be trying to 'nick him on the cheap' too.
At least you admit it - thats rare

3) I think you're getting him mixed up with Ronaldo, the bigger loss I'm sure you'll agree. To be fair he did have a knack of scoring crucial goals. Micky Owen will have big boots to fill. ;)
How am I mixed up? Ronaldo will obviously be missed - in obvious ways

If you really believe point no1, end the debate now mate - you simply cant come to terms with the fact that he's gone and of his own volition, so he's fkin Satan (or only the equal of Alan Smith:houllier:)

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Oh i thought the beef was that he had dared to want his move finally sorted out and that Ferguson / Utd had done everything they could to keep him as long as they could get him for half the originally agreed fee :smirk:

If it was just that he'd joined City .....
Well to be fair it was constant moaning to the media about not playing enough big games despite the fact when he was given 90minutes he was more often than not pretty poor. Coupled with his 'shout in his face' comment about Fergie and trying to use the fans against Sir Alex before throwing it back in our faces that pissed me off. But then I have never really rated Tevez, even in his first season here so I never formed the attachment that a lot of fans did.

City and Tevez are welcome to each other in my book, I reckon he will be benched anyway as soon as Hughes realizes that the Tevez billboards scattered around the centre of Manchester have a better first touch than the real thing. Then again they will probably be playing Robinho and Adebayor who offer zero protection so Hughes may feel he will need Tevez's energy and tracking back in the team, who knows.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
He also rejected the Nabu Intergalatic Orion United FC - because City have better prospects and nobody wants to play with the champions of the universe when they are ineligible for the CL.

Jopub

Well to be fair it was constant moaning to the media about not playing enough big games despite the fact when he was given 90minutes he was more often than not pretty poor. Coupled with his 'shout in his face' comment about Fergie and trying to use the fans against Sir Alex before throwing it back in our faces that pissed me off. But then I have never really rated Tevez, even in his first season here so I never formed the attachment that a lot of fans did.

City and Tevez are welcome to each other in my book, I reckon he will be benched anyway as soon as Hughes realizes that the Tevez billboards scattered around the centre of Manchester have a better first touch than the real thing. Then again they will probably be playing Robinho and Adebayor who offer zero protection so Hughes may feel he will need Tevez's energy and tracking back in the team, who knows.
Well if you're only looking at it in terms of energy Tevez will offer more in one game than Adebayor for a whole season. I'd say they need Tevez to play with whoever they play high up front, he'll create plenty of opportunities for whoever the partner is . If they keep him benched then I can just see the sweat pouring of Robinho Adebayor and Santa Cruz combined filling about half a bucket !

afrocentricity

Let's not be silly now, Carlos Tevez is miles better than Alan Smith.
Yup, but the point Jopub missed was that the qualities he lauded Tevez for having could have been found in Smudger. Tevez is not the player we need, saying that, he did ok for us.

afrocentricity

Fskes Alan Smith > Carlos Tevez - what the fk is wrong with you :houllier:

At least you admit it - thats rare

How am I mixed up? Ronaldo will obviously be missed - in obvious ways

If you really believe point no1, end the debate now mate - you simply cant come to terms with the fact that he's gone and of his own volition, so he's fkin Satan (or only the equal of Alan Smith:houllier:)
Read my last post, if you want to know what I think of Tevez check the two locked threads, i don't hate him, but he left us for stupid reasons and we didn't treat him unfairly. If anyone can be aggrieved with our bartering it's Kia the cnut.

As for coming to terms, you'll find that when we signed him I had my reservations as I wanted a player like Saha/Torres. You missed this as you were in hiding after your beetle crushing rant.

Come on now Jopub, if Tevez is so great why is he at City?

afrocentricity

You know what Smashed, I remember us debating Tevez qualities two years ago. We were pretty much right.

It's a pity as I wanted to be proved wrong... :(

Jopub

Read my last post, if you want to know what I think of Tevez check the two locked threads, i don't hate him, but he left us for stupid reasons and we didn't treat him unfairly. If anyone can be aggrieved with our bartering it's Kia the cnut.
Naa its as obvious as the nose on your face you tried to get him on the cheap. You obviously renaged on the original deal or there would have been no problem about any of it. How anyone can deny that is laughable

As for coming to terms, you'll find that when we signed him I had my reservations as I wanted a player like Saha/Torres. You missed this as you were in hiding after your beetle crushing rant.
Never been in hiding at all on here. I was banned for two years but never hidden from anything. Whats to hide from ? its a fking football forum for Godsakes

That's already been answered but to cut a long story short its really a combination of

You trying to get him on the cheap and hanging the deal out delaying for months months hoping to force the price drastically down and then Ronaldo's departure actually came to fruition - then you thought you'd better keep him, by which time he'd shopped around plus he was'nt in his mind getting the full support of the manager in terms of selection (thats of course arguable).

imo he wanted to stay in the NW as he'd settled family wise - he could have gone to Liverpool but out of respect, I think for you fans, did not go there. That could have been easy as his best mate was already there at Liverpool . No doubt Real pitched in as did a few others and no doubt money did have some say in it (why should'nt it?)

After being dicked around by you lot he felt he was'nt really wanted and convenience / financially wise his best option was City - which he took

Dont expect any of you to see it or admit but if you really think Utd and Ferguson are blameless in Tevez's departure then you're merely blinded by your red tinted specs

Yup, but the point Jopub missed was that the qualities he lauded Tevez for having could have been found in Smudger. Tevez is not the player we need, saying that, he did ok for us.
Pointless - you're talking absolute bollocks - to put Tevez up against Alan Smith is one for the most absurd things I've ever heard - end of discussion about this really

Jopub

You know what Smashed, I remember us debating Tevez qualities two years ago. We were pretty much right.

It's a pity as I wanted to be proved wrong... :(
To be perfectly honest this is ridiculous

You and many or talking like he was fking rubbish, as if he were ........ er......... Alan Smith (who actually was not as rubbish as is often made out)

Tevez ran his bollocks off for you and much more than that often dug you out in big games with goals and blinding match winning galvanising performances

Even if you do want to crucify him for choosing to leave you cannot , cannot in any way fault his commitment and overall quality performances for you since he arrived

For you to make him out to be some kind of, lets be more accurate - a Bellion or Djemba purchase - is utter insanity and myopia in the extreme

Fsakes what do you have to do in a Man Utd shirt to actually make people know you're a good , a very good player

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

The better question would be if Tevez is just ok why was Sir Alex willing to pay £25.5m for him?

MG

Turning down Real Madrid and Manchester United after they both (allegedly in Real's case) make you an offer to sign for them so that you can sign for Manchester City instead - a club that hasn't won a trophy in 3 and a half decades and isn't in the Champions League in the season before a World Cup shows you that the player's intention is SOLELY to get as much money as possible. There is no ambition in this move, it's just about getting the highest paycheque as possible. And if that means football at a lower level and winning nothing, so be it.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Jopub, SAF is not to blame for Tevez leaving. He is to thank!

I don't doubt that Tevez genuinely feels like he was dicked around but that's mostly because he isn't very bright and he has a sneaky twat whispering in his ear.

The way Tevez reacted to the whole situation I'm glad we never molly coddled him.

afrocentricity

The better question would be if Tevez is just ok why was Sir Alex willing to pay £25.5m for him?
Well, probably because it was a safe bet and seeing how the prices have turned out this of season who else was there at those prices?

afrocentricity

@ Jopub, I must admit I've just scan read over your posts, I've done this to death so don't hold it against me.

I'll just say this. Tevez is gone and I'm not fussed about it but I do think he is stupid, and a twat. Tevez not being great is my opinion, we all have them, some differing. You're going on like your the voice of reason when in reality you just have a different opinion. If you wan't to argue about the degree of twattishness Tevez has shown over the last few months then we may have a debate, as for his quality... agree to disagree?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Well, probably because it was a safe bet and seeing how the prices have turned out this of season who else was there at those prices?
Benzema for a few million more. Eto'o for a similar price, if not less.

Two top strikers right there, and Sir Alex doesn't just spend big money on players he thinks are safe, he spends big money on players he think are top class.

It would've been our 5th most expensive transfer ever, so I think it shows he clearly rates Tevez as a very good player.

I find it odd that even though your opinion on Teez differs so much to Sir Alex's you still believe you're right.

Jopub

Salient point. Ferguson knows Tevez worth in real terms to your team

He realised once Ronaldo had actually gone he'd better salvage it - too late and of course had Utd / he coughed up the dough at the end of the time allotted none of this would have happened and Tevez would have been happy to stay.

Don't think we'll see any offers for a return of the mighty Alan Smith for 25 mill do you?

In respect of Tevez you thoroughly shot yourselves in the foot - exactly how we did with Flamini who similarly although not an iconic 'great' player is worth their weight in gold to the side

Rowem

gently, down the stream

He realised once Ronaldo had actually gone he'd better salvage it - too late and of course had Utd / he coughed up the dough at the end of the time allotted none of this would have happened and Tevez would have been happy to stay.

Don't think we'll see any offers for a return of the mighty Alan Smith for 25 mill do you?

In respect of Tevez you thoroughly shot yourselves in the foot - exactly how we did with Flamini who similarly although not an iconic 'great' player is worth their weight in gold to the side
Ferguson said he made an offer to Tevez around January.

afrocentricity

Benzema for a few million more. Eto'o for a similar price, if not less.

Two top strikers right there, and Sir Alex doesn't just spend big money on players he thinks are safe, he spends big money on players he think are top class.

It would've been our 5th most expensive transfer ever, so I think it shows he clearly rates Tevez as a very good player.

I find it odd that even though your opinion on Teez differs so much to Sir Alex's you still believe you're right.
Sorry mate, there is no telling how they would have worked out, Benzema was 15m more actually and SAF probably doesn't see Eto'o as a fit as we could have had him if we wanted to (although I would have liked to see him here)

I never said I didn't rate Tevez, you of all people have seen my 100's of posts on this now. I don't rate him at 30m+ and I don't think he is the type of striker to bring out the best in Rooney, why do I have to keep repeating my self? Shall I put it in my location?

You make it out to be me sayin that Tevez is cack and Fergie saying he is great when the facts show that me and SAF had/have our reservations. Even half his fans on here had there reservations... :rolleyes:

afrocentricity

Losing Flamini saw you fall from challengers to struggling for 4th place, I don't see the comparisons to be fair...

Don't knock Smith :nono:, I think he was a top player but after his leg break and the midfield experiment he was never the same.

afrocentricity

'Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in!'

Tevez threads should be banned...