And he rejected Real

anver

Shart stop
Tevez: I turned down Real

Eurosport - Thu, 16 Jul 23:29:00 2009

Carlos Tevez has revealed he rejected the chance to join former Manchester United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo at Real Madrid.

The Argentina striker also confirmed that Chelsea and Liverpool had made inquiries about securing his services. Instead Tevez opted for a move to Manchester City after his extended loan deal at United ended, signing a lucrative five-year deal at Eastlands.

"Real made an offer but there was no agreement," Tevez told the Nation newspaper during a promotional visit to Abu Dhabi with his new club.

He added: "There were talks about deals and agreements but in the end it was only City. They showed lots of interest in me and are intent on growing and signing big players.

"I am sad to leave United but I am excited to join City. I'm thinking about the future and I will grow with this club."

Meanwhile manager Mark Hughes is continuing his pursuit of Emmanuel Adebayor and John Terry. Hughes remains determined to land the two men even though there are suggestions that Adebayor is not keen to leave Arsenal for Eastlands while Chelsea are adamant Terry is not for sale. Adebayor knows as well that there is stiff competition for places in attack at City following the arrivals of Tevez and Roque Santa Cruz with Craig Bellamy also on board.

Terry is Chelsea's defensive rock but Hughes believes the England international is ready for a new challenge.

"We do need new players," Hughes told the Gulf News. "We are still in discussions (over Adebayor) and the talks will continue.

"We have got attacking-minded players but we are looking to bring other players to the club before the transfer window closes.

"We are also looking to strengthen the defence. Every transfer deal is difficult and has different problems. There are areas which we need to address but we are happy with our progress."
PA Sport

kiristao

I am waiting for the day some decent player comes out and says "Well, you know, no one else was really interested in me and the only option I had was insert name of new club. If it wasnt for insert name of new clubs manager, i would have still been stuck at insert name of old club.

The_Red_Hope

Just shows what a money-grabbing whore he is....joined City for what ? Their history/tradition/'their interest'? He says that he couldn't reach an agreement with either us or Real. Wonder what he wanted us to agree too besides the money!!

Couldn't give a crap about this guy anymore.

Denis' cuff

Tevez: I turned down Real

would that be because they didn't show him enough love or because he wouldn't get in the team?

:lol:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Why does he say he's "sad" to leave Utd? Everything he's stated since points to his "suffering" and our obvious ill-treatment of him. I would have thought he'd be relieved to have left.

PS: You cant' grow anymore Carlos

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
we could have got benzema if he went there earlier on.

pauldyson1uk

Just shows what a money-grabbing whore he is....joined City for what ? Their history/tradition/'their interest'? He says that he couldn't reach an agreement with either us or Real. Wonder what he wanted us to agree too besides the money!!

Couldn't give a crap about this guy anymore.
Iam with you on this one , sick of hearing bleat on about why he went here and not there.
He went to City for the money pure and simple , why cant he just admit that and move on.
Does he really want us to beleve that he turn us and Real down for City because the thought they would win more , please give us some credit.

Zen86

It's getting to the point where I severely dislike the ugly twat, needs to pull his head out of his arse.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Tevez must truly be touched, he comes on RedCafe and all he sees is countless discussions about him and thread after thread being made on him.

No doubt he is going to clap each corner of the stadium just because of the constant attention he has been getting for so long after he left.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I did hear that he was very proud that his daughter would essentially be growing up in England and would have an English education which is far removed from what he had to grow up on.

B Cantona

Desperate
Fair enough. Unless he has a particular specification that she speaks with a Mancunian accent though, he could easily be at say Chelsea

I wonder if he'd have played for City if they'd offered him 50k a week less. Hmm...

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
I thought he wanted to stay in England due to his daughter settling in with her education etc
He's only working so he can put his kids through college, it was either football or stripping!

He's a lying wee bollox if you ask me, i'd love it - i'd really love it if Real came out & said he's lying & that they already knew he a deal set up with City in January or something like that.... and also that he deals crack to school children through his daughter!

I heard he's a fan of the Rollins Band - this is his favourite album by them:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He never said he turned them down, he said Madrid made an offer which presumably wasn't deemed acceptable by MSI.