Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

I like Herrera a lot and I hope things work out and he stays.

But, if he does leave it's not going to leave me broken hearted.

RedStarUnited

How did we get here with a player like him?

He is on of those players you think we should have renewed and with ease 2 years ago.

Scholsey2004

We could always switch to 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-2 if we picked up a quality creative player like Sancho rather than go hunting a replacement for Herrera.

Champagne Football

We need a Tanguy Ndombele in our midfield to compliment Pogba and Garner who will divide time with Matic next season.

Herrera is a brilliant squad player but we need a bona-fide first teamer in there.

Renegade

Feel like this is the aftermath of Sanchez’s signing. Those wages made everyone’s eye’s open up. Think this departure signals De Geas inevitably departure too. No doubt people will be on here saying his limited, can be replaced etc. This deal should have been wrapped up months ago. Could of got a fee if we deemed him surplus.We’re a mess. That’s another 50m we need to spend on a replacement while Matic gets another season “running” out for us next season. No way we can afford to replace all the positions we need to this summer. Also a Pogba transfer episode is 100% going to happen this summer. Fun.

Snafu17

Great, so that would be about another 100 million we'll have to spend on 2 CMs this summer. Plus we'll have to buy a RW, a CB and RB. Perfect. Imagine if we don't get top 4. We'll have to pay our new signings even more than we would pay Herrera.

I really hope Castles is just full of shit. Or the April fools thing.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
So many posters saying he is replaceable, and that's all well and good if we replace him with a better quality midfielder, which I have zero faith in us being able to adequately do.

Not because there's no targets but because we are absolutely shit in the transfer market. We will probably stick McTominay there or Fred and call it a day.
I share your concerns. It's not that he isn't replaceable it's just that I worry we'll replace him with someone of similar/higher quality. Despite his recent form I don't think he's justified the wage he's requesting, regardless of whether or not previous managers have misused him, he's only really become a starter since Solskjaer came in.

United58

I love Herrera but if this is true I can accept it.
HoneslHo me too, I love his passion and commmitmco but hesh 30 soon and signing a player who's reliant on ohysucsl attributes to a 3 year £180k-£200k P/w(!!!) contract would be crazy imo, hope ole wants to build from a younger base with lots of energy (though Herrera admittedly offers that at the moment).

el3mel

Entering the season with 11 players that gonna be out of contract by the end of it was bound to lead to some of them leaving. Letting an important player's contract running out for as long as this season went is just another proof Ed knows feck all about managing a football club.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
HoneslHo me too, I love his passion and commmitmco but hesh 30 soon and signing a player who's reliant on ohysucsl attributes to a 3 year £180k-£200k P/w(!!!) contract would be crazy imo, hope ole wants to build from a younger base with lots of energy (though Herrera admittedly offers that at the moment).
You ok mate.

Zoo

If it forces the club to seriously invest and revamp the midfield then good.

Ekeke

I'm not necessarily convinced we should take Castles at his word. He's an egg whose entire career is based off of sucking up the scraps off of Mourinho's table. Now Mourinho has gone, I find it incredibly hard to believe he has genuine scoops and, worse, he's shown that he's willing to spin and mislead to protect the reputation of the camp he gets his info from. Claiming that United could lose several important players on cut price or free deals is consistent with Castle's consistent attempts to absolve Mourinho of any blame by blaming upper management.

Maybe Herrera will go, but I think peoples desperate attempts to try and act non-plussed by it and rewrite his time here may be premature.
Yeah I dont really believe him either. Although apparently hes saying he has an inside source to do with Ander's deal, its pretty much you either believe all of what Castles is saying or none of it.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I'm sorry but this made me laugh.

settembrini

I'm starting to notice that really good defensive players are underrated on redcafe. Multiple people saying how easy it would be to replace Herrera when in recent windows United have spent £40m on Matic and £50m on Fred, neither of whom are as good as Herrera. It's the same with Smalling, every summer people think he will be replaced by a Bailly or a Lindelof (£30m each) and then he ends up being an important first team player.

Irwin99

I blame Jose for his treatment of Herrera last season. You bench your player of the year for Matic who, despite a good opening few months to his career, has not been a great success overall. He should have had an improved contract offer after 16-17 when he deserved it.

Ekeke

I'm starting to notice that really good defensive players are underrated on redcafe. Multiple people saying how easy it would be to replace Herrera when in recent windows United have spent £40m on Matic and £50m on Fred, neither of whom are as good as Herrera. It's the same with Smalling, every summer people think he will be replaced by a Bailly or a Lindelof (£30m each) and then he ends up being an important first team player.
Yep. Not just good defensive players, but the harder working players too. Each year posters dream of replacing them with luxury players and it never seems to work out well for us in practice.

Its almost as if you need a balance of defensive and hardworking players as well as classy and skillful players

Decomposing In Paris

Well, this makes me angry. I can't blame Herrera for taking what PSG are offering... great team, playing with superstars, winning titles every season. People will complain about him choosing a long contract (for his age) on big money after the way he's spoken about the club, but we let his contract situation get to where it is. Many of us would make the same choice in our own areas of expertise. Then there's our political situation with Europe (I'm acknowledging it, without wanting to discuss it).

I'm angry though, because whenever I think of who I want playing for us against Liverpool next season, he's one of the first people that comes to mind.

LARulz

How we let this happen is absolutely comical. He should have been signed up over a year ago

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Well, this makes me angry. I can't blame Herrera for taking what PSG are offering... great team, playing with superstars, winning titles every season. People will complain about him choosing a long contract (for his age) on big money after the way he's spoken about the club, but we let his contract situation get to where it is. Many of us would make the same choice in our own areas of expertise. Then there's our political situation with Europe (I'm acknowledging it, without wanting to discuss it).

I'm angry though, because whenever I think of who I want playing for us against Liverpool next season, he's one of the first people that comes to mind.
Funny enough as he isn't a Spain regular it might actually have played small part. We don't know yet what will happen after 'that which shall not be named'. Maybe better being abroad, just in case. Cannot blame him, regular CL, nice pay packet, financial security for his family.

DomesticTadpole

Has to be. Otherwise this can be disastrous. Don't trust in Eddie's ability to get deals through to address all our issues.
That's my worry, same old people dealing with transfers, even if we get a DOF, another same old face. Then a manager not used to dealing with the scale of transfers we need. I am worried about the impact that lot could have on Ole. They have to get it right. We cannot be going through another rebuild/bedding in period.

ForestRGoinUp

Yep. Not just good defensive players, but the harder working players too. Each year posters dream of replacing them with luxury players and it never seems to work out well for us in practice.

Its almost as if you need a balance of defensive and hardworking players as well as classy and skillful players
We are imbalanced though because we have too many hardworking but limited players, and we need to replace some of them with classier players. Everyone around Liverpool's hardworking midfield (bar Matip) is comfortable enough with the ball at their feet. Spurs lack class in midfield too but have more than we do in front and behind them to generally make up for it. City we won't discuss.

We're built more like a jammy team currently, and that has to change.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Even if thats the case and thats best case scenario, they are different kinds of players.
Yes, it's all speculation at the moment. We need two midfielders now IMO.

Has to be. Otherwise this can be disastrous. Don't trust in Eddie's ability to get deals through to address all our issues.
This summer window is vital, we can't feck it up especially if Liverpool win the league. The pressure on Ole and Woodward will be immense; i have a sneaky feeling that we're selling Pogba too.

DomesticTadpole

15:31KEY EVENT
Update on Ander Herrera PSG speculation
Regarding the Herrera-to-PSG reports, one of Herrera’s confidants is unconvinced but hasn’t emphatically denied it, either, whereas two weeks ago they were adamant the initial PSG speculation was wide of the mark.

The source said: “We are entering into rumour wind tunnel and can’t get involved.”

Herrera has entered the last three months of his United contract.

Ekeke

We are imbalanced though because we have too many hardworking but limited players, and we need to replace some of them with classier players. Everyone around Liverpool's hardworking midfield (bar Matip) is comfortable enough with the ball at their feet. Spurs lack class in midfield too but have more than we do in front and behind them to generally make up for it. City we won't discuss.

We're built more like a jammy team currently, and that has to change.
too many hardworking players? we only had Ander for midfield and now he might be gone

DomesticTadpole

Yes, it's all speculation at the moment. We need two midfielders now IMO.

This summer window is vital, we can't feck it up especially if Liverpool win the league. The pressure on Ole and Woodward will be immense; i have a sneaky feeling that we're selling Pogba too.
If we feck it up and Liverpool do win the league, maybe that will be the timescale for the next time we win the league.:(:(

Ekeke

Fred is far from a cultured passer. Prone to over hit them or leave then short. In addition, so far the guy's general awareness in the league has been seriously found wanting. I am unsure about his long term future with us.
Fred is a good passer he just hasnt completely settled yet. His passing is the last thing I would be worried about with him.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
If we feck it up and Liverpool do win the league, maybe that will be the timescale for the next time we win the league.:(:(
They'll be a riot if that happens, Liverpool will have 19 and look strong. I don't know but I have to say I'm not feeling optimistic. That Saudi takeover is looking more attractive by the day :nervous:

Canagel

I'm almost certain we've signed someone which is why we're letting Ander go. I reckon Rabiot on a Free.
I'm thinking so too. Ole said some agents have already been in touch with the club to get their client moves here.

Status
Not open for further replies.