Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErranMorad

Fred is a good passer he just hasnt completely settled yet. His passing is the last thing I would be worried about with him.
He has settled alright on the bench. Cannot get ahead of two academy grads even for 15 minutes of game time. Hard to see how he'll "settle" without time on the pitch.

He is decent passer. Haven't seen anything that qualifies is as good. Good passing also involves vision and awareness, two areas where he has looked lost so far. He reminds of Anderson; which definitely is not a good omen.

SplitzMagic

I think this is the issue with utd, the backroom is just clueless when it comes to the recruitment strategy.

Wouldn't be surprised if its the mask of zorro over on the blue side that has set all of this up.

Step 1: Pretend I want Sanchez so Mourinho buys him and I get my targets

Step 2: Pretend I want Fred so Mourinho buys him and I get my targets

Step 3: Both flop, ruin all future utd transfers and renewals... mask up and go for the quadruple.

P.s neither of those two players will even get into my reserves now - Pep Guardiola

Adamsk7

I really like Herrera, he’s one of those players that gives 100% and that hides his limitations. Make no mistake though, without that great mentality of his, he is a very average player who’s not particularly great at anything. For the guy playing as a no.8 in our team, we need someone to contribute more to attacks and score a few goals in the process. I’d define him as hardworking and tidy but really, if we’re gonna get back to the top, we need more than that.

It’ll be sad to see him go but he’s at the stage where he won’t want to sit on the bench and we’re at the stage where we should be looking on an improvement in his position. It’s time, probably, for him to go.

Ekeke

He has settled alright on the bench. Cannot get ahead of two academy grads even for 15 minutes of game time. Hard to see how he'll "settle" without time on the pitch.

He is decent passer. Haven't seen anything that qualifies is as good. Good passing also involves vision and awareness, two areas where he has looked lost so far. He reminds of Anderson; which definitely is not a good omen.

He's shown good passing in his couple of good games. Obviously we're hoping for more from him but thats the one part he brings to the team. He's our best midfield passer other than Pogba and its pretty clear

Canagel

He's played less because theirs a language barrier. the manager wanted someone that he could get the message across too hence why he saw no game time until we got to the bare bones. His composure on the ball and passing was one of the reasons we could combat PSGs midfield and the manager said it was a good demonstration why the club bought him.

Cloud7

Rabiot on a free, Rice or a more defensively astute DM than Matic coming in, and our midfield becomes stronger immediately.

ErranMorad

He's played less because theirs a language barrier. the manager wanted someone that he could get the message across too hence why he saw no game time until we got to the bare bones. His composure on the ball and passing was one of the reasons we could combat PSGs midfield and the manager said it was a good demonstration why the club bought him.
Come on. The last manager was Portuguese and half the squad is filled with Portugese/Spanish speakers. You have concocted the language barrier excuse, I don't know from where.

SplitzMagic

He's shown good passing in his couple of good games. Obviously we're hoping for more from him but thats the one part he brings to the team. He's our best midfield passer other than Pogba and its pretty clear
As crazy as I might sound I genuinely think that Fred would probably flourish in Pogbas role rather than a normal cm/cdm role.

Ekeke

Rabiot on a free, Rice or a more defensively astute DM than Matic coming in, and our midfield becomes stronger immediately.
True. I'd take this if thats what happens but personally I won't be convinced that Rabiot is coming on a free till he signs. Most top clubs are probably looking at him and its hard to see why hed pick us

Ekeke

As crazy as I might sound I genuinely think that Fred would probably flourish in Pogbas role rather than a normal cm/cdm role.
As the AM/10 ? Or as a normal LCM? Because last time out Pogba played normal LCM. But in his recent spell of form he's basically been a 10

ErranMorad

Hasn't shown nearly enough. If I go looking on youtube I am sure I can video of his bad passing and awareness too, and that likely will be 3 times longer.

I am not saying that he won't come good. However, I have very serious doubts that he'll become an integral part of the team going forward. I sincerely hope you are right and he settles, because another 50m write off isn't good for us.

Sp00ks11

We are the new Arsenal, important players leaving on a free, no title for years our best players getting poached.. sad times.

Ekeke

Hasn't shown nearly enough. If I go looking on youtube I am sure I can video of his bad passing and awareness too, and that likely will be 3 times longer.

I am not saying that he won't come good. However, I have very serious doubts that he'll become an integral part of the team going forward. I sincerely hope you are right and he settles, because another 50m write off isn't good for us.
I have no idea if he'll settle, I've been very disappointed with him too. But he is a player who will make a couple of tackles but pass the ball more creatively than Ander, which is what you were suggesting we get. We already have that type of player. So we need to give him a good chance before getting a new one

SplitzMagic

As the AM/10 ? Or as a normal LCM? Because last time out Pogba played normal LCM. But in his recent spell of form he's basically been a 10
Yeah attacking 10. His passing is crisp when not under pressure and he has that high energy that helps him win the ball back to then attack.

If he loses the ball as a AM it's ok but if he loses it as a CM it highlights his poor defensive ability. I think he's just crazy nervous when it comes to defending because that's why he's out of the team mainly.

It's just what I've observed from that video, he can do what pogba can when it comes to passing but not pogba good passing.

What I'm trying to say is that I think it pogba left for Madrid and he had a few games in Pogbas more offensive role I think he would flourish more than where he is currently.

I can't reply now as I don't have enough likes :lol:

Judas

Open to offers
We are the new Arsenal, important players leaving on a free, no title for years our best players getting poached.. sad times.
He's not being poached is he though, we're refusing (rightfully) to pay him money he's simply not worth, so he's had to look elsewhere. Of course none of this arguably would be happening if we'd not over paid for Sanchez, which has caused all sort of issues with our wage structure.

Ekeke

The role he played against Watford
Yeah I can see that, left side of a diamond. Pogba's average position was just meeting up with Mata who was playing the 10 role.

Yeah he's hard enough working that he can play as a side midfield position like that and go up and down the pitch. Just not hardworking enough defensively to make up for Matic's shortcomings.

Canagel

Come on. The last manager was Portuguese and half the squad is filled with Portugese/Spanish speakers. You have concocted the language barrier excuse, I don't know from where.
I'm talking since OGS/Phelan arrived. Because you referenced two academy players. The previous half season is irrelevant since everyone started from clean slate. When players were falling like flies against Liverpool he didn't come off the bench. The language definitely had something to do. Infact he didn't play a match for like 2 months.

Adamsk7

The big downside of this is how friendly he is with Mata and De Gea. If we also don’t keep Mata (which we probably shouldn’t), then David will have lost his two best friends at the club. I’d think he’d think it was time to move on at that point, probably also to PSG!

Ekeke

Yeah attacking 10. His passing is crisp when not under pressure and he has that high energy that helps him win the ball back to then attack.

If he loses the ball as a AM it's ok but if he loses it as a CM it highlights his poor defensive ability. I think he's just crazy nervous when it comes to defending because that's why he's out of the team mainly.

It's just what I've observed from that video, he can do what pogba can when it comes to passing but not pogba good passing.

What I'm trying to say is that I think it pogba left for Madrid and he had a few games in Pogbas more offensive role I think he would flourish more than where he is currently.

I can't reply now as I don't have enough likes :lol:
Well the problem is that he's never been much of a goalscorer. And Pogba is one of our better goalscorers from the 10 position. So I think thats probably a bit too far forward for Fred

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Yeah I can see that, left side of a diamond. Pogba's average position was just meeting up with Mata who was playing the 10 role.

Yeah he's hard enough working that he can play as a side midfield position like that and go up and down the pitch. Just not hardworking enough defensively to make up for Matic's shortcomings.
if we sell Pogba:

Rabiot-Matic-Fred
------Eriksen------

That Kinda role.

Before anyone jumps on this post this is just to give an example...

Ekeke

if we sell Pogba:

Rabiot-Matic-Fred
------Eriksen------

That Kinda role.

Thats 1 player away from a great midfield. Dont think we'll sign Eriksen and unsure if we can even get Rabiot though

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Thats 1 player away from a great midfield. Dont think we'll sign Eriksen and unsure if we can even get Rabiot though
Just an example using my Muppet imagination. Also if Pogba does leave I reckon Eriksen or Coutinho will come in.

Sp00ks11

He's not being poached is he though, we're refusing (rightfully) to pay him money he's simply not worth, so he's had to look elsewhere. Of course none of this arguably would be happening if we'd not over paid for Sanchez, which has caused all sort of issues with our wage structure.
I'm talking about Pogba and De Gea potentially being poached, Zidane is currently openly tapping him up.

pascell

I'm glad we're being held to ransom by our players anymore. Herrera is the level of a squad player, we should have much,much better players in our midfield. Herrera has been with us 5 years, in those 5 years I cannot see where he's improved and I feel he's actually regressed, he's one of the main culprits in refusing to pass the ball forwards at times.

Hopefully we're in for Barella of Cagliari.

Cloud7

True. I'd take this if thats what happens but personally I won't be convinced that Rabiot is coming on a free till he signs. Most top clubs are probably looking at him and its hard to see why hed pick us
Chance to be part of something being built that’s hopefully special? Wages? Ole sweet talked him? He always wanted to live in England? Could be many reasons, but I won’t be convinced either until he signs.

I will say though, PSG have shown in the past that they have the temptation to be childish and vindictive; the owners comments about how they will sign the best players of whoever tries to sign their players, going after Neymar after Barca registered interest in Veratti/T Silva, posting a picture of Veratti laughing after they beat Barca etc.

It seems a bit tinfoil hat but I can imagine them going after Herrera because Rabiot is coming to us. On the balance of all the midfielders available in world football, and a club with an unlimited budget, I don’t really see the big appeal in why PSG would want Herrera.

reddevil702

Players like Herrera tend to get overrated because of the passion they've shown for the club. In the 5 years or so he's been at United he's never fully established himself in the first XI. He's a decent midfielder that can occasionally put in good performances. For the right price he's worth keeping, but he's not worth anywhere close to what's being reported. If he goes to PSG then good for him, but Fred (recently) and Mctominay (more so than Fred) has shown they can be trusted and hopefully we add to that in the summer.

Snafu17

if we sell Pogba:

Rabiot-Matic-Fred
------Eriksen------

That Kinda role.

Levy would never sell us Eriksen, Rabiot comes with his own set of issues and although I'm all for giving Fred time he is largely unproven. And we still would have feck all depth.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's amazing the sweeps of opinion on Herrera.
One min he's essential, captain material and absolute must start material criminally underused in the past.

Then it's how limited he is, about to drop off a cliff physicallyand how we won't miss him! Almost like he's mctom's more limited brother!

Ekeke

Chance to be part of something being built that’s hopefully special?
Why would he care if he can go to Madrid, or Barcelona and do something similar? Madrid especially are going to have a rebuild under a French legend

I mean we're talking about one of our core players leaving because he doesn't get the wages he wants, its hardly likely that we're going to appease a moody guy coming in on a free transfer especially with Sanchez's wages. I bet if we do sign him his wages will have to be near what we're paying Sanchez which would be a crazy thing to do.

I will say though, PSG have shown in the past that they have the temptation to be childish and vindictive; the owners comments about how they will sign the best players of whoever tries to sign their players, going after Neymar after Barca registered interest in Veratti/T Silva, posting a picture of Veratti laughing after they beat Barca etc.

It seems a bit tinfoil hat but I can imagine them going after Herrera because Rabiot is coming to us. On the balance of all the midfielders available in world football, and a club with an unlimited budget, I don’t really see the big appeal in why PSG would want Herrera.
Ander is a good player and could be an important player for PSG just like he is for us. But they do seem to have several other good options in midfield, especially after recently buying Paredes. PSG were also linked with Gueye before the Ander rumours, so it would certainly seem like they're interested in a very good ball winner with those 2 being the best in the premier league this season.

Even though he's a good and important player for us, I can't see how it would be "getting even" with us if we sign Rabiot. Rabiot is 23 and surely a fair bit more valuable than Ander who is 29. Revenge for them would be signing Pogba, Martial or someone like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.