g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

He is a clever boy. Got you all thinking he gets United. He just knows what to sa yin front of the camera to make himself likeable. He will say the right things at PSG too. At the end of the day, it is all about money and trophies, and he will get both of them easily over there. Cant say i dont understand his decision. He probably didnt think a top club would seriously be in for him and offer him good wages, that changed a lot. Thats the risk for letting players enter the last year of their contracts

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We need major changes but I wouldn’t have started with Herrera. It’s a shame to see him leave. I don’t blame him, a chance to win major honours at PSG and earn more money.

Uniteds contract strategy baffles me. How on earth did they think it was a good idea to reward Young and Jones with new contracts before settling terms with the likes of Herrera and De Gea.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If he goes then good luck to him. He has produced some nice moments for us. Some people on here are childish. I think he is making a decision that I do not agree with, but I can understand.

Negan

He is a clever boy. Got you all thinking he gets United. He just knows what to sa yin front of the camera to make himself likeable. He will say the right things at PSG too. At the end of the day, it is all about money and trophies, and he will get both of them easily over there. Cant say i dont understand his decision. He probably didnt think a top club would seriously be in for him and offer him good wages, that changed a lot. Thats the risk for letting players enter the last year of their contracts
This. Never liked him for some reason.

Bo_7iDaR

Absolutely rotten from the club's management to let him leave on a free to PSG while renewing the contracts of nothing players like Jones and Young. What a disgrace.

Water Melon

We need major changes but I wouldn’t have started with Herrera. It’s a shame to see him leave. I don’t blame him, a chance to win major honours at PSG and earn more money.

Uniteds contract strategy baffles me. How on earth did they think it was a good idea to reward Young and Jones with new contracts before settling terms with the likes of Herrera and De Gea.
Exactly this. If PSG offered him a better and longer contract, why would he reject it. It is an easy decision for him to make. We should have never let him see his contract out. I bet we will miss his presence in midfield next season.

Patrick08

If he goes then good luck to him. He has produced some nice moments for us. Some people on here are childish. I think he is making a decision that I do not agree with, but I can understand.
I don't believe a word of those paper stories until the club actually announces it. It will be much cheaper in the end to give him new contract than to buy another player.

Just like rabiot was linked to united and still is, this is psg's way of giving it back :D. He will end up signing a new contract in the end.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Has there been any official reason for why he missed the game on Tuesday?

iKnowNothing

He's been shite for a couple of games now, his head's been turned by PSG and he looks like he'd rather be somewhere else.

He didn't even clap the fans on Saturday when substituted, something he's always done.

It's over for him here
Is this the general sentiment of fans here?
I can understand not being happy with a player but is it really the sentiment that since he's off and didn't clap the fans, he deserves to be benched for the rest of the season?

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Ole said both he and Rashford were injured and the interviewer really focused on what Rashford's injury was
Thanks; I'd heard about Rashford's injury but not about Herrera. Even with all this going on (if it actually is) I couldn't see Herrera being dropped completely but hadn't heard anything about it either way.

StrettyEnder07

Good luck to him if he does go, end of the day PSG will be offering him what a 3-4 year deal at the age of 30 for £200k a week, playing with Neymar Veratti and Mbappe, that is a hard one to turn down when you would imagine we are offering him maybe 2 years at £150k a week.

Been a very good servant, is a good midfielder but not irreplaceable by any means, nothing against Herrera top professional but the club need shooting for allowing a 30/40m quid midfielder leave for free, similar to Ramsey at Arsenal, how hard is it to protect your investment, madness from us yet again.

youngrell

Not sure why people keep raising the point of Young, Smalling and Jones getting renewals? None of those 3 had a lucrative offer from PSG as an alternative.

I'm sure Ander would love to stay here, but this is probably his final, big contract and we won't match PSG.

I'll be sad to lose him but it's probably best for all parties. He gets paid a lot of money and joins another big team, we aren't overpaying yet another player who isn't quite worth it and PSG get a little gem that will strengthen their squad.

youngrell

Been a very good servant, is a good midfielder but not irreplaceable by any means, nothing against Herrera top professional but the club need shooting for allowing a 30/40m quid midfielder leave for free, similar to Ramsey at Arsenal, how hard is it to protect your investment, madness from us yet again.
The change in management is probably to blame, more than anything. Jose never quite fancied him and this is probably the reason his renewal wasn't sorted sooner. Now we want to keep him but he has other options.

StrettyEnder07

The change in management is probably to blame, more than anything. Jose never quite fancied him and this is probably the reason his renewal wasn't sorted sooner. Now we want to keep him but he has other options.
Yeah mate very true, only been a starter since xmas so don't blame him for looking at other options, especially for that kind of money, last big contract etc.

good luck to him but chance to get a decent young midfielder in his place, lad at Watford would be a good fit, Doucoure

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Still find it funny how Pogba is the mercenary while our badge kissing, club loving 'embodiment of United' skips off at the first sign of oil money. Captain material indeed
Reading some comments in this thread I think he just did a smart move, one thing is to "bleed Manchester United" and another put the last contract of your career in jeopardy for a club that has tried to upgrade you a lot of times and a bunch of fans that think you never were good enough, or that giving you a good contract (like other players have gotten) would be a waste.

Back of his mind, he probably knows if his name was Gary Williams from Preston, he'd have no problem getting 150+ per week, 4 years, more minutes of play and his contract renewal would be closed down 6 months ago.

Paul_Scholes18

Seem strange from PSG to offer him that kind of money. They usuallyy get hard working squad players for less and he is no star for them.

It is a big problem for us that we need to find a replacement. So much work we need to do. Winger, 2 central midfielders and a rightback is a must if he goes.

Bwuk

Let's be honest - if he's getting a lot more money and a longer term contract who can blame him?

SATA

Has he gone yet? Hope he's benched till the end of the season. I don't have any time for a player who doesn't want to stay at the club

BlueHaze

Let's be honest - if he's getting a lot more money and a longer term contract who can blame him?
No one. It does however tell you everything you need to know about his personality. He knows Ole wants him to stay but he wishes to leave a club where everyone is treated like family for more cash and probabIy less game time. I generally can't stand people like that but also I hold nothing against him or his wishes but thank feck it seems we ain't giving him what he demands. He's not worth it.

Fridge chutney

Back of his mind, he probably knows if his name was Gary Williams from Preston, he'd have no problem getting 150+ per week, 4 years, more minutes of play and his contract renewal would be closed down 6 months ago.
This doesn't make sense. Our 5 highest paid players are not English, and we've reportedly already offered him 150+ (170k/week), which would make him higher paid than any English player we have .

ROFLUTION

Is this the general sentiment of fans here?
I can understand not being happy with a player but is it really the sentiment that since he's off and didn't clap the fans, he deserves to be benched for the rest of the season?
Think its a real shame if he leaves us. By far the best partner we've had for Pogba.

Very likeable fella, always there for the fans.. takes his time toget picture taken, reasonable in hus thoughts and acting, but there's this sentiment on here that we need to shame and flame the players leaving us or nearing retirement.

Renegade

I think he’ll surprise some people on here with how important he’ll be for PSG. I’m certain he would have signed a new deal with us if we approached him earlier. Why leave it for him to be in his last year.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Seem strange from PSG to offer him that kind of money. They usuallyy get hard working squad players for less and he is no star for them.

It is a big problem for us that we need to find a replacement. So much work we need to do. Winger, 2 central midfielders and a rightback is a must if he goes.
PSG have been looking for that type of midfielder since 2016, so in theory it's not strange at all particularly when the player doesn't require a transfer fee.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
PSG have been looking for that type of midfielder since 2016, so in theory it's not strange at all particularly when the player doesn't require a transfer fee.
I have been thinking more about this. Everytime Ander had a good spell under each of our last three manager, won POTY, those managers have brought somebody else in and dumped him out of the team. Which would be fine, except each time it hasn't worked and they have had to go back to him. He has just got on with it, not moaned. Well maybe he just got fed up with it. It is his last big contract and it will set him and his family up for life. Why sit around knowing it might happen again, that he was a good candidate for the captaincy, yet Valencia, who cannot speak English and Ashley Young, who gets it because he is a great lad, get the job. Even Chris Smalling gets in before him. Well now it is going to cost us a fortune to replace him anyway and if that goes wrong Ander will not be here to bail us out. I will miss him. Best of luck Ander.

Patrick08

I have been thinking more about this. Everytime Ander had a good spell under each of our last three manager, won POTY, those managers have brought somebody else in and dumped him out of the team. Which would be fine, except each time it hasn't worked and they have had to go back to him. He has just got on with it, not moaned. Well maybe he just got fed up with it. It is his last big contract and it will set him and his family up for life. Why sit around knowing it might happen again, that he was a good candidate for the captaincy, yet Valencia, who cannot speak English and Ashley Young, who gets it because he is a great lad, get the job. Even Chris Smalling gets in before him. Well now it is going to cost us a fortune to replace him anyway and if that goes wrong Ander will not be here to bail us out. I will miss him. Best of luck Ander.
He won't play regularly in psg too as a starter. There were reports of psg presenting him a 150k deal for 3 years which is not a lot as well. If Woodward is not matching that up I think it's a disgrace.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
This doesn't make sense. Our 5 highest paid players are not English, and we've reportedly already offered him 150+ (170k/week), which would make him higher paid than any English player we have .
Oh, I missed news about him being offered 170k, just thought he was being lowballed into accepting lowe wages because no other team would pay much for him.

SAFMUTD

Has his transfer to PSG been confirmed yet?

Looking at the bright side, Herrera leaving means we will definitely sign a starting midfielder. Of course the new signing could be a Fred, but you never know maybe Woodward won’t feck up this time and buys a quality player.

crossy1686

career ending
Do I smell a dirty Di Maria hand in this?
Doubt it. I think the club are tired of over paying players for averageness. As one poster pointed out, the size of some of United's contract's are just bizarre but I guess most of them were agreed when we weren't in the Champions League and had to get top players somehow.

Players obviously talk about salaries and they all know who's being underpaid, relatively. But if you also look at who's on the 'sell list' for this summer: Herrera, Sanchez, Mata, Rojo, Darmian and maybe De Gea, with the exception of Darmian who's been on his way out for three seasons, the rest are a Spanish speaking clic. Wouldn't be surprised if there's some discontent between the bunch.

beergod

I can't. We've underpaid him relative to his performances if his 75k weekly salary is true.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Apparently doesnt care about the club they tell me.

beingshe7don

Doubt it. I think the club are tired of over paying players for averageness. As one poster pointed out, the size of some of United's contract's are just bizarre but I guess most of them were agreed when we weren't in the Champions League and had to get top players somehow.

Players obviously talk about salaries and they all know who's being underpaid, relatively. But if you also look at who's on the 'sell list' for this summer: Herrera, Sanchez, Mata, Rojo, Darmian and maybe De Gea, with the exception of Darmian who's been on his way out for three seasons, the rest are a Spanish speaking clic. Wouldn't be surprised if there's some discontent between the bunch.
And yet we gave contract extensions to Jones, Smalling and Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.