Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greck

And yet we gave contract extensions to Jones, Smalling and Young.
Are they on 200k though? We aren't letting him go, he's choosing to leave. We offered a generous contract. If Jones and Smalling rejected I'm sure they'd also be out the door

Red00012

Looks like I’m the only one here that believes he’ll end up renewing.

Cloud7

Aren’t there reports that PSG have offered him a five year contract? If that’s what he wants from us then it’s definitely time to say goodbye.

beingshe7don

Are they on 200k though? We aren't letting him go, he's choosing to leave. We offered a generous contract. If Jones and Smalling rejected I'm sure they'd also be out the door
All three players have a cumulative wage of 270k or so. I would rather have Herrera on 150k.... I think that's what he's being offered at PSG.

beingshe7don

From the reports we have given one to Herrera too. Ed can't force him to sign on gunpoint.
He's not being paid as to what his worth is.... After Pogba, he's our best player and not to mention, he's our only captain material sort of player. His leadership will be a great loss.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
PSG are clearly pissed about getting knocked out of the CL by us like that, offering a 30 year old a 5 year contract on 200k a week?

Red00012

Aren’t there reports that PSG have offered him a five year contract? If that’s what he wants from us then it’s definitely time to say goodbye.
We gave Phil Flipping Jones a 5 year contract which is probably his counter argument.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
A 2+1 contract on around 150k is about right I think. Anything more is asking for too much, imo.
I agree. It isn't even the money with PSG, it is the 5 year contract that I find a bit baffling. Ander is about energy, but he does tire 3/4 through a game and unless they do Ole training, it won't improve, it will get worse.

Cloud7

We gave Phil Flipping Jones a 5 year contract which is probably his counter argument.
Jones is a 27 year old CB. He will have longetivity throughout the duration of his contract. Whether you rate his quality or not is a different matter, but he will be the same player for pretty much this entire contract.

Herrera is a 29 year old midfielder who will be 30 before the start of next season. His main trait is his energy on the field. That is going to fade, likely after the next two years, if so long. Once his energy levels go, he is pretty much useless. To give a five year contract to a player like that is madness. It’s not the same situation as Jones.

beingshe7don

PSG are clearly pissed about getting knocked out of the CL by us like that, offering a 30 year old a 5 year contract on 200k a week?
I don't think he's being offered 200k for a week. But they've got a 30m player for free whose still performing.... Not a bad player to have on your bench when injuries hit the squad.

DomesticTadpole

Jones is a 27 year old CB. He will have longetivity throughout the duration of his contract. Whether you rate his quality or not is a different matter, but he will be the same player for pretty much this entire contract.

Herrera is a 29 year old midfielder who will be 30 before the start of next season. His main trait is his energy on the field. That is going to fade, likely after the next two years, if so long. Once his energy levels go, he is pretty much useless. To give a five year contract to a player like that is madness. It’s not the same situation as Jones.
They probably thought if they give Jones a five year contract, they might get 50 games out of him if they are lucky.

Red00012

I’m not saying he should be offered a 5 year contract that would be madness but offer him a 3 plus 1. Again we don’t know is it the length or the wages that are the issue with him.

Greck

He's not being paid as to what his worth is.... After Pogba, he's our best player and not to mention, he's our only captain material sort of player. His leadership will be a great loss.
Don't you think you're overrating him here? We're talking about a midfielder that can't pass out of pressure

beingshe7don

A players of his quality at his age doesn't deserve much more.
150k isn't much considering we have Sanchez whose done nothing apart from playing the piano and he gets paid 500k or so.... Herrera actually puts in match winning performances more consistently for us. Once again... Sanchez was 30 years of age when he was offered 500k....

beingshe7don

Don't you think you're overrating him here? We're talking about a midfielder that can't pass out of pressure
I meant best midfield player.... not really overrating him. And out of our entire squad, Herrera actually deserves to be captain ahead of freaking Young, Smalling and even Pogba.

DomesticTadpole

150k isn't much considering we have Sanchez whose done nothing apart from playing the piano and he gets paid 500k or so.... Herrera actually puts in match winning performances more consistently for us. Once again... Sanchez was 30 years of age when he was offered 500k....
Think we really have to ignore Sanchez. That was just utter stupidity on our part.

Cloud7

I’m not saying he should be offered a 5 year contract that would be madness but offer him a 3 plus 1. Again we don’t know is it the length or the wages that are the issue with him.
Ahh apologies, the tone of your initial post made me think that you thought we should give him a 5 year contract because we gave one to Jones. Apologies if that wasn’t what you meant.

Even a 3+1 is too much for him. A 2+1 is adequate. From what I’ve read (mostly stuff posted on here admittedly) it seems that it’s the length of the contract more than the wages that’s the issue. If so then he has my best wishes to sign his 5 year contract with PSG.

They probably thought if they give Jones a five year contract, they might get 50 games out of him if they are lucky.
:lol:

crossy1686

career ending
And yet we gave contract extensions to Jones, Smalling and Young.
They might be average but squad players are just as important as your big names. Also, you need the right mentalities and personalities, if these guys keep their heads down, work hard and are a positive influence around the place it's an easy decision to make.

PoTMS

They might be average but squad players are just as important as your big names. Also, you need the right mentalities and personalities, if these guys keep their heads down, work hard and are a positive influence around the place it's an easy decision to make.
Problem is these "squad players" are our first team players. We have way too much filler in this bloated squad of averageness.

crossy1686

career ending
Problem is these "squad players" are our first team players. We have way too much filler in this bloated squad of averageness.
They are right now, they may not be next season. We will improve on as many positions as possible this summer but I wouldn't be surprised to see a back line of Dalot, Lindelöf, Smalling and Shaw next season. I've already said we'll look to go top heavy in the summer as we'll all regard high scoring games as 'progress', not clean sheets.

Cliche Guevara

All three players have a cumulative wage of 270k or so. I would rather have Herrera on 150k.... I think that's what he's being offered at PSG.
You still probably have to replace those three players, however, so you might still get close to those wages and more than likely have to pay transfer fees.

More importantly, rather than having to sign 3 or 4 players in the summer you could be looking at 7 or 8. That’s a lot more work.

PoTMS

I think he'll end up renewing. All this PSG tall sounds like posturing. There'll be a load of folk on here backtracking if he does.

passing-wind

Hope to see the back of him, you cant take justice in him being the best available midfielder beyond Pogba when only Pogba represents the level of midfielder needed at this club.

Herrera came from Bilbao, whenever has he shown the quality / caliber in his career to successfully win the league ? Mctomminay can be his long term successor, we need (and have needed) to replace Herrera irrespective if he's here or not next season.

The midfield is as big a problem as the defence.

LoneStar

I'll miss his attitude more than his abilities. He always gives his all and goes out of his way to be a cnut to the opposition, which is always nice to have.

If he really is leaving for higher wages and for a longer contract, can't blame him. Wish him luck for his future endeavours. Hopefully we go ahead a sign an even better replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.