Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Don't believe that mate, it's just typical Glazer / Woodward media spin to try and turn the focus onto Herrera rather than themselves.

As an aside - with Herrera going, Mata and DDG stalling I wonder if we're seeing a Spanish exodus...?

Further still, could we lose DDG, Herrera, Mata and Pogba this Summer?
Some random journalist reports some random shit, it's Woodward media spin :lol:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I hate the people who run our club sometimes, they just seem to need to turn everything petty and nasty. Classless.
In this case they haven't. If they do, Ducker, Jamie Jackson, Robson all will report same news word by word.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Sometimes...?

When do you feel anything different for them? They're sinking the club ffs.
Well, no it is more than sometimes. Just find them very contrived now and not genuine. This used to be a family club, a big family. Now I think they are detached from the fans and I have said elsewhere, they don't even treat their players like human beings, more commodities. Might just be a sign of the times, as a lot of industries are like that now.

RedNed77

Also there would be a signing on fee. He is not coming entirely on a free.
I wouldnt particularly want Rabiot, but I hope we've learned our lessons from Sanchez and if we sign any "free" players in the future we pay that signing on fee up front and not build it into wages that skew our wage structure.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Well, no it is more than sometimes. Just find them very contrived now and not genuine. This used to be a family club, a big family. Now I think they are detached from the fans and I have said elsewhere, they don't even treat their players like human beings, more commodities. Might just be a sign of the times, as a lot of industries are like that now.
No you're absolutely right - they need to go.

It's the elephant in the room with all talk about the club. They offer nothing to the club, haven't built it up in any way shape or form and it's now glaringly obvious.

They need to leave ASAP.

DomesticTadpole

Yeah, probably briefs from the club to make him look bad.
Although as someone said it is just one journo going with this. If PSG were paying him that much and that length of contract they would have lost their marbles. It is rubbish.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Just let him go. Stop negotiating and briefing everybody. i hope to God the board doesn't give in. Sick of it.
The board and Ander are looking in two different directions so cannot come to an agreement. That's fine. It happens. Both parties need to move on.

He is not worth all the money he wants. Let's be honest. Throughout his time here he has been inconsistent. There will be patches when he's unbelievable, and then he gets injured and comes back half the player. Just look back you will see the pattern. Then if he's not injured he will still not contribute as much.
He's likeable but we can't hang on and pay people because they're likeable. Nor should the board be pressured into anything regardless of media/spin talk from any party.

I just want some commitment from players. If what we've offered isn't good enough for him and his family, fine. Just leave and be done with it.

RU Devil

Anyone notice the latest rumor with Arsenal possibly signing him? Of course, the Guardian had a laugh as they figure Arsenal is replacing Ramsey for a lesser player.

Gotta love agents. Handing out rumors like candy. I'm starting to really doubt PSG/Arsenal are actually interested, but Woody will probably sign Ander for over market wages. I love the player, but not for that price.

ghagua

Glad in a way that Herrera is making a decision to move away. The club has a tendency to hold onto average or below average players for too long. We just need to sign players who are good enough to make us competitive against top clubs, or provide chances to youth players who have the potential to get there. If that means replacing the entire current midfield so be it.

0le

Just think we could do better than Declan Rice or have we been sucked in by the hype?
I agree with your general point, its easy to fall into the hype. Although I personally don't know how good or bad Rice is.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
£300k a week? More than Pogba? This sounds so believable. :lol:

They had a lot of people convinced at £200k a week. They just had to push it didn't they?

I heard he wanted 500k and a private chauffeuer.
I heard he was also after pet food after hearing about that being chucked into Alexis' deal.

Don't believe that mate, it's just typical Glazer / Woodward media spin to try and turn the focus onto Herrera rather than themselves.

As an aside - with Herrera going, Mata and DDG stalling I wonder if we're seeing a Spanish exodus...?

Further still, could we lose DDG, Herrera, Mata and Pogba this Summer?
Exactly.

Loublaze

ATLien
So he was just a money grabbing you know what the whole time. So much for that false 'Herrera gets the club' image fans had of him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So he was just a money grabbing you know what the whole time. So much for that false 'Herrera gets the club' image fans had of him.
I don't buy that at all, +200K for 4 years at his age. No way.

iKnowNothing

So he's not supposed to look out for himself/his family then?
Would you as a ticket paying fan pay agree to pay £500 for every match because you "get the club"?

Loublaze

ATLien
I don't buy that at all, +200K for 4 years at his age. No way.
This

So he's not supposed to look out for himself/his family then?
Would you as a ticket paying fan pay agree to pay £500 for every match because you "get the club"?
Good for him, im just pointing out how those with red tinted glasses and the romantics were wrong in thinking Herrera was the type of fairy tale player who would do anything to stay at the club.

The Nani

Good for him, im just pointing out how those with red tinted glasses and the romantics were wrong in thinking Herrera was the type of fairy tale player who would do anything to stay at the club.
Don't disagree necessarily. But I will say in Herrera's defense he was inexplicably dropped by Mourinho following a season in which he was our player of the year. And if the report of him finding out about his extension via tweet is true I can understand his bemusement.

Thankfully I can say I'm not as anxious about his potential departure considering the recent performances of Fred and McTominay. Still loved him as a player and his passion. One of a very few I can say that for over the past few years.

Fridge chutney

I hope he stays. But if the Paris oil factory are offering him 200£/week and a 5 year deal then you can't blame him for leaving.

Ekeke

This

True.

It turns out it was just anything except not feeling valued by the club who didnt talk to him before triggering his 1 year extension and not offering anywhere near as much money as a probably stronger team who have more chance of trophies.

It turns out Ander wouldnt play for the club for free or donate his wages to the homeless, neither did he fancy being paid less than Mata has been for the past 5.5 years despite Ander playing better for us.

Loublaze

ATLien
True.

It turns out it was just anything except not feeling valued by the club who didnt talk to him before triggering his 1 year extension and not offering anywhere near as much money as a probably stronger team who have more chance of trophies.

It turns out Ander wouldnt play for the club for free or donate his wages to the homeless, neither did he fancy being paid less than Mata has been for the past 5.5 years despite Ander playing better for us.
He's not a 300 or 200k a week player, its as simple as that.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Except that isn't the case at all, is it? Learning about his contract extension by post, making no contact for 3 months at the beginning of the year. Looks as though we've treated him pretty poorly. But yeah, he's just a money grabber. :wenger:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Except that isn't the case at all, is it? Learning about his contract extension by post, making no contact for 3 months at the beginning of the year. Looks as though we've treated him pretty poorly. But yeah, he's just a money grabber. :wenger:
So is this what happened?

DomesticTadpole

I was having a think about this and I wonder if they send out letters to know of options being taken up so they have it in writing, however I was also wondering if the manager is supposed to let them know in person as well and we all know who the manager was then.

Loublaze

ATLien
So says Simon Peach, which makes far more sense than Ander being a mercenary.
Should we take everything this Peach guy writes as gospel truth? In any case, I don't see him as a player that should be on those kinds of wages if that's what he's demanding.

ivaldo

Should we take everything this Peach guy writes as gospel truth? In any case, I don't see him as a player that should be on those kinds of wages if that's what he's demanding.
He's the football writer at the Press Association, so he's a fair bit more reliable than the sources you're referencing.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Please this not be true. Decisive moment of the season and United won't use one of their better midfielders this season because... they've let him agreed to join another club, probably even without finding a proper replacement yet.

This would mean almost a state of anarchy as this club has no control even on such matter.

Loublaze

ATLien
He's the football writer at the Press Association, so he's a fair bit more reliable than the sources you're referencing.

So if this is to be believed then it would appear Ole wants him to stay and the ball is in his (Herrera's) court. Forget what happened three months ago, there's a significant deal on the table for him under a new manager. If he wants to stay he'll sign it

ivaldo

So if this is to be believed then it would appear Ole wants him to stay and the ball is in his (Herrera's) court. Forget what happened three months ago, there's a significant deal on the table for him under a new manager. If he wants to stay he'll sign it
Well, no, let's not forget what has gone before. Other clubs have come in with serious offers, a situation facilitated by our own approach to this whole ordeal, and all the while we've sat on our hands and left the player in the dark. You're trying to paint him as a money grabber and that's clearly not the case.

Ekeke

Unless he already decided to move on before the recent push for a new contract

Status
Not open for further replies.