Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

Check what Ole said really. Ander has a muscle injury apparently which he picked up in training.

Snafu17

He’s been working really hard to get fit from his injury he sustained against Liverpool then he came back and got a different one here in training he’s been putting a lot of work in and that’s come at a time as you say there are contract talks but that’s ongoing, I can’t really comment too much on how far they are down the line.

You have to ask him. I don’t know how they’ve been the last few talks, but we’ve let him focus on his fitness as well, he’s not very, he loves to play and not very happy when he can’t help his teammates and always giving his all, doesn’t matter it it’s five weeks or five years on his contract.

Maybe the future might have been worrying him and maybe that’s part of the reason he’s injured, who knows he doesn’t know hopefully he can be available for Chelsea or City but I’m not sure. He got another muscle injury.
Full quotes sound a bit different.

Danielt534

The board are getting a lot of stick for this one which I actually do thing is undeserved. We have to recognise that Mourinho for whatever reason didn't favour Herrera for the majority of time he was manager and also under LVG he picked up a lot of injuries which restricted his time on the pitch, I dont think he has made over 30 starts in a season. People only started to recognise how good he was in mourinho's last season because he really stood out. He will be a big miss for us no doubt, his professionalism, aggression, technical ability and his willingness to win will be a loss but I'm sure the board have tried to renew his contract based off these performances but I'm sure the PSG offer is more attractive to him at this moment in time.

Ekeke

Interesting from OGS on Ander Herrera continuing absence for @ManUtd: "Maybe the future might have been worrying him and maybe that is part of the reason why he is injured. Who knows? He doesn’t know why he is injured." Herrera out for WHU and Barca. Maybe back for Chelsea/City

fecking hell. Not great reading that, he's off isn't he.
Wheres that from?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just shows how the press twist things. That Bellend Simon Stone just quoting the worse sounding part of the speech, where as the full amount sounds like he's actually committed, but worried with how things are going with renewal talks :nono:

deadrevelz

We can do without Andrer and free up some wages. Pogba, Matic, Fred, MCT and Andreas are fine for next season as long as we invest in the other key areas on the pitch, RB, RW and a class ST.
I don't think we'll be buying another midfielder nevertheless. It's basically doing a Fred all over again and the risk is too big.
Eh? So we just never sign another midfielder because it's a risk? We don't know if Pogba or Mata is staying or if Fred and McTominay can keep up that level over a season. Pereira and Lingard aren't good enough. Matic has declined and may be finished next season. Our midfield is a disgrace.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Regardless, I said it as soon as reports he had agreed to join PSG surfaced. He should be relegated to the bare minimum minutes.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Sure let's shoot ourselves in a foot in a top 4 fight.
No CL for us next season sure will teach Ander a lesson, while he's playing in the champions league for PSG...
It's not about teaching a lesson. I love the guy. But we can't be sure if he's mentally up for it. His last game was one of the poorest he's had for the club. I'd rather see Fred get a run.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Sure let's shoot ourselves in a foot in a top 4 fight.
Let's rather shoot him in the foot after he's signed with PSG!

I've already written in this thread than he's best option out of anyone currently not playing, but once he's signed with someone else his commitment to United isn't the same. He can subconsciously go easier in tackle, not run with same intensity and that changes his game and in the end effects United.

Ban

Let's rather shoot him in the foot after he's signed with PSG!

I've already written in this thread than he's best option out of anyone currently not playing, but once he's signed with someone else his commitment to United isn't the same. He can subconsciously go easier in tackle, not run with same intensity and that changes his game and in the end effects United.
Well he hasn't still signed with PSG....

Ekeke

He's already decided hasn't he? That's why he isn't playing, or at least that's the way I'm reading it.
The opposite. He wants to play and is unhappy when he isnt, and will give full commitment if he has 5 games or 50 left

Obviously the fact his future is up in the air doesnt help him and Ole is suggesting maybe that stress is what has led to his latest injury

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's not about teaching a lesson. I love the guy. But we can't be sure if he's mentally up for it. His last game was one of the poorest he's had for the club. I'd rather see Fred get a run.
Yeah, if the player is distracted by the contract saga and his future(not his fault , that's the human nature) then it's good to bench him and play the players like Fred and McT.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The opposite. He wants to play and is unhappy when he isnt, and will give full commitment if he has 5 games or 50 left

Obviously the fact his future is up in the air doesnt help him and Ole is suggesting maybe that stress is what has led to his latest injury
Exactly. He wasn't saying he is pretending to be injured.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out...
Don't believe that mate, it's just typical Glazer / Woodward media spin to try and turn the focus onto Herrera rather than themselves.

As an aside - with Herrera going, Mata and DDG stalling I wonder if we're seeing a Spanish exodus...?

Further still, could we lose DDG, Herrera, Mata and Pogba this Summer?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Don't believe that mate, it's just typical Glazer / Woodward media spin to try and turn the focus onto Herrera rather than themselves.

As an aside - with Herrera going, Mata and DDG stalling I wonder if we're seeing a Spanish exodus...?

Further still, could we lose DDG, Herrera, Mata and Pogba this Summer?
I hate the people who run our club sometimes, they just seem to need to turn everything petty and nasty. Classless.

Status
Not open for further replies.