Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
If we sign Cesc than ok. If we go for lesser midfielders, I hope we sign two of them before we decide to sell Ando.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If we sign Cesc than ok. If we go for lesser midfielders, I hope we sign two of them before we decide to sell Ando.
Anderson has largely underwhelmed and flattered to deceive in his time here it certainly won't take two players to replace him.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
We can't fetch much for him atm, I'd rather we keep him for cover and rotation, he's quality if he's fit, and I guess playing second fiddle helps him in fit department

He might come in handy to give Carrick a rest

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Anderson has largely underwhelmed and flattered to deceive in his time here it certainly won't take two players to replace him.
I think he just meant he's so fat that he takes up as much room on the team bus a two men, so they'll need to fill those two seats.

LR7

We don't have a lot of depth in CM at all, so whilst it won't take two players to replace him, because he doesn't play all that much, it might take two before we have a decent enough number of CMs to let him go. Would he even want to go to Everton though? I thought a Portuguese club wanted him?

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
it won't take two players to replace him, but with our current midfield options we need an extra player even before we think of letting him go, basically to replace scholes/fletcher. So we should be signing two cm before we look at letting him go just from a squad perspective

Revan

Assumptionman
Of course not, but we are short in midfielders. If we sign only one midfielder (except if he is someone who plays every game like Cesc) I think we need to keep him. If we sign two, then we can sell him and still have enough players there. Ando is unfit and injured but still he can give us 20 or more games in a season. When we consider how poor (and short) our midfield is, I don't think that we should sell him if we sign only one midfielder.

it won't take two players to replace him, but with our current midfield options we need an extra player even before we think of letting him go, basically to replace scholes/fletcher. So we should be signing two cm before we look at letting him go just from a squad perspective
Exactly.

PatrickP

Yes, he is a good squad player and seems a well liked player within the dressing room.

Maybe Moyes will be a lot more stricter in regards to his fitness and we might see something different.

I do think that he has very good technical ability and he can fill the role we need if he is fit enough

Ringo 07

He's a class act when fit but would defo prefer to see him moved on if we can find a couple more impressive midfielders somewhere

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's a class act when fit but would defo prefer to see him moved on if we can find a couple more impressive midfielders somewhere
He shows in fits how talented he is but it's only flashes followed by big drops of form and injury! Would be better replaced with a Fellaini!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We're not signing anyone in the centre, so we need him to contribute his normal 10-15 games there.

Comsmit

Anderson could be fit as a fiddle, but he is still a bit shit with his technical game. I don't think he truly understands how to run the game from midfield, he's just not a very clever midfielder.
This.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
We've got more to lose on him not staying than him staying. Even if we sign two central midfielders he'll get his usual amount of matches and be of use against certain opposition when he's not injured/fat.

It's more to do with our depressing lack of quality options in CM than anything else, but selling him would only make things worse. He's a fine midfield player as a squad option in any case. Can't believe some of you would advocate selling him before we've even got one midfielder in.

Comsmit

I would rather Powell got Anderson's selection of games this coming season.

So yes sell him he's a waste of fecking space. He's had enough chances in 6 mediocre years and has not taken any of them, injuries only tell half the story if that. I would rather Powell's development be aided by the chance to show what he can be capable of.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
There's also the consideration of his existing contract. I would oppose any kind of generous extension -- he's been too shit and fat for that to even be on the table. But I wouldn't mind running out his contract if there are no bidders for his services. He can do a decent job coming off the bench in the second half against weak opposition.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
  1. Rahul@forevruntd
    45s
    Anderson: "Now I'm more serious, I’ve started to eat & sleep properly. I've to look after myself if I’m going to be at my best for MUFC.”

Expand
  2. Rahul@forevruntd
    1m
    Anderson: “I’m serious about doing well. Maybe I joked too much in the past, tried to be the Brazilian player who was always joking."

Expand
  3. Rahul@forevruntd
    2m
    Anderson: "I need to lose 2 more kgs to be at my best weight. I don’t want to have injuries. I want to train every day & play every game."

Expand
  4. Rahul@forevruntd
    8m
    Anderson: "Training is hard under Moyes but that’s good for me. I need to run and I’m feeling good. I need to get fit and lose weight."

Expand
  5. Rahul@forevruntd
    15m
    Anderson: "I want to play every week for Manchester United, I love being here.”

Expand
  6. Rahul@forevruntd
    15m
    Anderson: “It’s not just the fans who’ve been frustrated, I’ve been frustrated. I never asked to be injured, I don’t want to be injured."

psychdelicblues

Not every song sung by Manchester United fans is factually correct. Roy Keane didn’t wear a magic hat, Bertie Mee wasn’t a cockney and United don’t often score six and seldom score ten.
Nor is Anderson better than Fabregas. The song, a tribute to United’s Brazilian midfielder, held its own in his first two seasons at Old Trafford when, still in his teens, Anderson looked like the most promising player at the club.
Anderson would burst forward with a surge of energy not present in the other midfielders, he’d go past players and run at defenders. When he danced around the Moscow turf to Gal Costa’s wondrous Aquarela Do Brasil, it seemed a perfect marriage. Residents of Porto Alegre, his home city and Porto, where he also impressed, had told us so. Anderson had it all and he justified the hype of scout Martin Ferguson’s phone call to his brother which sang his praises.
Still only 25, Anderson is starting his seventh season at Old Trafford, yet for the majority of those he’s been frustrating to watch.
The father of three has been injury-hit and, as a result, his fitness and weight levels have suffered.
He’s popular in the dressing room and many fans want him to succeed, but their patience has worn thin. They accuse him of being too heavy and mock his inability to last 90 minutes.
Anderson understands where they’re coming from.
“It’s not just the fans who’ve been frustrated, I’ve been frustrated,” he says in decent English. “I never asked to be injured, I don’t want to be injured. I want to play every week for Manchester United, I love being here.”

Anderson hopes to build on a good pre-season.
“My first years here were good, then I got bad injuries,” he explains.
“Last season I was doing good for six games, then I started to feel my knee. I felt the pain but I kept playing because I wanted to help my team, but then I had to stop playing. I felt like I was making a step forward and two back. Just when I think everything is fine I get an injury.”
Anderson is enjoying life under David Moyes.
“Ferguson helped me a lot,” he says. “He’s a great person, but a new manager means new mentality and I’m happy with that. Training is hard under David Moyes but that’s good for me. I need to train hard. I need to run and I’m feeling good, with power in my legs. I need to get fit and lose weight. I need to lose two more kilos to be at my best weight.”
And if Fabregas or another midfielder signs?
“Good,” says Anderson, who has three years left on his contract. “More better players means a better squad. Manchester had a big squad, it’s one of the biggest in the world. We know that great players will arrive all the time and I want to be one of those great players.
“I just don’t want to have injuries. I want to train every day and play every game. I want to do my best for the team, want to play 90 minutes and not have to come off. To do that I need to be 100% fit.”
Anderson has had 'several offers' to return to Gremio in his home city.
They have a new 60,000 capacity stadium, they have money too, but he’s happy where he is.
“I miss my children who are in Porto Alegre, but I’m happy being here with my three dogs Wes – from Wes Brown – Dani and Catarina. The fans are nice to me, I have friends here.
“I’m serious about doing well,” he concludes. “Maybe I joked too much in the past, tried to be the Brazilian player who was always joking, but I was young too. Now I am more serious, I’ve started to eat properly, to sleep properly. I have to look after myself if I’m going to be at my best for Manchester.”
His team mates agree.
“I don’t think his talent has ever been in doubt, but he’s had a few injuries over the years,” says Rio Ferdinand. “If he gets a clean bill of health, who knows what he can do?
“He’s different from any other player we’ve got. In today’s game, if you have a player who can go past people in the middle of the park then it’s a big commodity. Anderson can do that, but we’ve never been able to get that out of him on a consistent basis because of injuries. He’s got the potential to do it. If he can stay fit this season then it will be almost like having a new signing.”
Reds have heard it all before. Can Anderson finally come consistently good?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ws/anderson-im-frustrated-well-united-5444177

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
I have to say it's beginning to look like this lad didn't fulfill his potential

LR7

Good interview that. There seems to be a shift in mentality. Last preseason he said all the right things too but he clearly seems to have a good grasp of the things that he needs to change. I hope he stays.

Bebe

As much as I've lost faith in him, I'd love to see him succeed. He's just somehow so disarmingly likeable.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Yep. He's a really likable chap and always comes across as someone who loves the club. Yet, I've completely lost faith that he can ever be a top player for us.

kps88

So he's admitted himself he needs to lose weight. Guess a lot of us in this thread were wrong.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
So he's admitted himself he needs to lose weight. Guess a lot of us in this thread were wrong.
How? He says he needs to drop about 4-5 pounds. People who said he isn't fat are still right, he isn't fat. Don't think many ever said he was in peak physical condition.

Fergie's gum

How? He says he needs to drop about 4-5 pounds. People who said he isn't fat are still right, he isn't fat. Don't think many ever said he was in peak physical condition.
I'm not a dietician or PT but let's assume he is 72kg, and he should be 70kg to have a body fat percentage of 7% (generous due to body type). 7% is 4.9kg of fat. 6.9kg(4.9+2) of fat is 9.6% body fat. That's almost double the optimum (Ronaldo would probably be 5%).

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
I'm not a dietician or PT but let's assume he is 72kg, and he should be 70kg to have a body fat percentage of 7% (generous due to body type). 7% is 4.9kg of fat. 6.9kg(4.9+2) of fat is 9.6% body fat. That's almost double the optimum (Ronaldo would probably be 5%).
Again, I get that, but that's a mathematical analysis. To look at, from any perspective a person with 9.6% body fat isn't fat to the human eye. That's my point. People call him fat, he isn't. People say he could be in better condition, yes he could. Get me?

Rossa

Under 8% is considered having too little fat. I recall reading that Stallone had as low as a 3% body fat percentage when filming Rocky III (I believe) where he fainted repeatedly as a result. If Ronaldo has a 5% body fat percentage, he would probably struggle with the same and he would look far more ripped than he already does. I talked to someone who did fitness and he said he had a 7% body fat percentage at his best and blood veins on his stomach were clearly visible at that time. about 15% is quite normal for men, 5-10% is normal for male athletes - if Anderson has a 9,6% he is still within the normal. Thus for him to shred 4-5 pounds sounds reasonable, but would in no way make him go from overweight to normal - it would make him go from a normal athlete to a slightly above average for an athlete. Body fat is probably just about half the story anyhow.

If you talk to cross country skiers and runners, most of them argue that footballers aren't much athletes at all anyhow.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
His dog's name is after Wes Brown, that is fantastic.

On the guy himself, when he plays I'd say he is one of the top 5 players at the club I love to see play, maybe even top 3. He is one of the best players to drive us forward, and when he gets moving he can make ground better than anyone else, be it with free space in front of him or under pressure. He is also one of the best passers in the team; I completely disagree with people who say otherwise. He is there with Carrick and Rooney in long range passes, and the stats can back me up as well as literally seeing what he does on the pitch. There is no point getting rid of players like this, because if we got rid we lose a player who provides something different to players in his position. No one in CM plays like he does, and it can change a game with its variation (vs Chelsea when he got 3 assists is a good example).

Moyes has played him a lot in pre season, so he must see him in his plans for this season (unless it's a ploy to raise his valuation), and Moyes' renowned tough training regime is ideal for him. Big-Red put it really well I think, in that he isn't fat, but he can still improve his physical condition. Like Rooney he does have a stocky frame, and even if he got to his peak condition he would still look fat to some, because that is just how he is. If we do sign a CM in the end, I don't see him going at all. That interview on the previous page sounded like he is content here, and unless Moyes is keen on getting rid of him then we will see him in our shirt this season, which I look forward to.

LR7

Again, I get that, but that's a mathematical analysis. To look at, from any perspective a person with 9.6% body fat isn't fat to the human eye. That's my point. People call him fat, he isn't. People say he could be in better condition, yes he could. Get me?
He's not a normal person though he's a professional footballer playing at the biggest club in the world. 'Fat' might be mildly exaggerative but when people on here say it I'm sure they don't mean he's clinically obese, just that he's clearly above his optimal weight which we've all seen him at.

kps88

He's not a normal person though he's a professional footballer playing at the biggest club in the world. 'Fat' might be mildly exaggerative but when people on here say it I'm sure they don't mean he's clinically obese, just that he's clearly above his optimal weight which we've all seen him at.

Yeah no one sane actually meant he was fat. Lots on here said things like "if he was overweight there's no way our staff would tolerate it, he would be packed off by SAF etc.".

Status
Not open for further replies.