Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckooo1978

Come on guys. Don't do this to yourselves. You know he's a couple of Happy Meals and a hammy from not playing till christmas.
Happy Meals we can take.....its the bargain buckets that do the damage

Godfather

It's hard not wanting someone like him to stay. He's really good when on form and fit. The fitness has obviously always been the problem, but I'm hopeful (again)

Hannibal

I hope he starts against Wigan...I have never doubted his ability, it's his injuries that have been shackling him all these years.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Perhaps Moyes forcing him to play every minute of every possible United match might make him somewhat fit.

Interesting to see where he finds himself in the pecking order come start of the season.

Yep, I was thinking this as well, what better way to get you 90 minute fit other than actually playing 90 minutes. Let us not forget as well, he played in hot humid conditions as well. So hopefully will be ready for this season!

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It's hard not wanting someone like him to stay. He's really good when on form and fit. The fitness has obviously always been the problem, but I'm hopeful (again)
Me too, and if we do actually sign a midfielder he will be an excellent squad player to have around

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Feck it.

This is his year.

Godfather

As long as he isnt imitating jumping jack again after scoring a goal he should be fine.

Ash_G

Although I still think if we sign two good midfielders he should probably be moved on, right now I hope he keeps getting starts. He might just get lucky this season and if no one coming in yet, personally I'd say a fit Ando is better than Clev at this point, although I think Clev will give the ball away less.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If he keeps his fitness he could be a good squad player for us. That's a big if. Ideally we'd have replaced him by now and let some other team try to resurrect his career. That doesn't look like it's going to happen though, unless we suddenly come alive in the transfer market. So it looks like he's gonna get one last season to make it here. I hope he does it but I'm not holding my breath.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This is Ando's and Cleverley's year, no one can replace Ryan Giggs and Fletch will be like a new signing.

Comsmit

He's not been that impressive in my opinion, people are just grasping for positives as always. He's still fecking overweight. We have been here so many times with the guy it's just become a farce. Luckily for him he's going to be here another season, Moyes will give everyone a chance to impress.

Disagree about him starting ahead of Cleverley, we need to be compact and tidy in the difficult opening run. Plus Tom is a better and more reliable partner for Carrick all in all.

Erictheking7

From the trawler in front of the seagulls.........
Although I still think if we sign two good midfielders he should probably be moved on, right now I hope he keeps getting starts. He might just get lucky this season and if no one coming in yet, personally I'd say a fit Ando is better than Clev at this point, although I think Clev will give the ball away less.
Yes Clev will give the ball away less but that's because he doesn't have Ando's range of passing and always keeps things simple. No bad thing but he's never going to set the world alight.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
He's not been that impressive in my opinion, people are just grasping for positives as always. He's still fecking overweight. We have been here so many times with the guy it's just become a farce. Luckily for him he's going to be here another season, Moyes will give everyone a chance to impress.

Disagree about him starting ahead of Cleverley, we need to be compact and tidy in the difficult opening run. Plus Tom is a better and more reliable partner for Carrick all in all.
You do realize nobody else is serious when they say that?

Comsmit

Yes Clev will give the ball away less but that's because he doesn't have Ando's range of passing and always keeps things simple. No bad thing but he's never going to set the world alight.
No it's just because he has a much sharper mind. If Anderson had Tom's intelligence on the pitch he could do much more with his "range of passing." Doing the simple things on a pitch is actually very difficult.

Ash_G

Yeah true, that said sometimes Ando can be very annoying with trying long/short passes that are well over/under hit. Clev will keep things moving on nicely allowing others to put in the killer ball, but as you said Ando has a range that Clev just hasn't shown yet.

Rossa

No it's just because he has a much sharper mind. If Anderson had Tom's intelligence on the pitch he could do much more with his "range of passing." Doing the simple things on a pitch is actually very difficult.

Indeed. Just imagine how good Messi would have been with that thinking!

Ryan's Beard

Probably doesn't have a career as a comedian
We'd be silly to get rid I think he's a decent enough squad player capable of having a decent game every now and again. Rare moments of what I would call "good" football, too. He can't be such a wage drain that we need to get rid. We need more quality in the middle but letting ever more of our midfielders disappear probably isn't a great solution.

Goooose

We'd be silly to get rid I think he's a decent enough squad player capable of having a decent game every now and again. Rare moments of what I would call "good" football, too. He can't be such a wage drain that we need to get rid. We need more quality in the middle but letting ever more of our midfielders disappear probably isn't a great solution.
That's high praise!

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He benefits playing with the likes of Nani and Zaha. He can fire his cannon pases at them and they actually control the ball. I think we've established at this stage that he's never going to realise he doesn't have to turbo blast every pass he makes, so this is the only solution really.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He benefits playing with the likes of Nani and Zaha. He can fire his cannon pases at them and they actually control the ball. I think we've established at this stage that he's never going to realise he doesn't have to turbo blast every pass he makes, so this is the only solution really.
His long through ball down left wing pass is annoying as feck. Never comes off, instead the advertising boards usually take a hammering instead.

Rossa

Didn't watch the match tonight but Anderson just isn't good enough.

Yeah, I haven't watched Liverpool, but I think they're a cracking team!

Great post with many sensible inputs on his performance today and pre-season in general. I haven't watched Januzaj, but he just isn't good enough - sucks on FIFA for one thing.

Rossa

He made a couple of backpasses today that weren't like that at all. Honestly though, his long range passing is quite good if no Scholes (but no one is - not even Xavi comes close, too lose, and Gerrard's are too high).

Goooose

Yeah, I haven't watched Liverpool, but I think they're a cracking team!

Great post with many sensible inputs on his performance today and pre-season in general. I haven't watched Januzaj, but he just isn't good enough - sucks on FIFA for one thing.
One friendly game. Anderson's been here for 5 or 6 years and has only recently been fit enough to last the full 90. He isn't good anough, no amount of smart-arse comments is going to change that.

Rossa

One friendly game. Anderson's been here for 5 or 6 years and has only recently been fit enough to last the full 90. He isn't good anough, no amount of smart-arse comments is going to change that.

You really thought my comment was more smart ass than yours? Doesn't matter how long a players been here - what matters is how good he is. If he plays well the next couple of months will you still slag him for the previous five years, or would you agree that he plays well? It's almost like saying Giggs is PLs fastest player because he was in the nineties... Weird...

KanieKaned

Nor is very little input bar he's not good enough which may be true but still falls short of helping create discussion on the chap. For me it's his last last super last chance at the club. He's got talent but I just can't for the life of me figure out why his fitness levels are so shite.

Goooose

You really thought my comment was more smart ass than yours? Doesn't matter how long a players been here - what matters is how good he is. If he plays well the next couple of months will you still slag him for the previous five years, or would you agree that he plays well? It's almost like saying Giggs is PLs fastest player because he was in the nineties... Weird...
It's the same thing from United fans every year, "he'll come good this season" etc. No he wont. If he was good enough we wouldn't be going mental every transfer window, desperate for a midfield signing.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He deceives us like this every year. If he makes it past October without injury I'll be shocked.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
Did Ando hammer the ball right at his teammates and then run straight at them?

That's pretty much all he does, before he gets knackered.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I've alway been one of his biggest fans and still think that he could've been an automatic starter at united had he not had the injury problems. Even as he is now, the way he performs in some games like the run he had last season before the city game. You think "that's it, he's finally over those problems and he's realizing his potential" but then he gets injured. Don't think he'll get anywhere near to what he could've been, even ough he shows his quality in certain patches of games. Hope he can stay relatively fit this season though, so we use him in more then half the games.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Caf opinion of Anderson has really plummeted during the summer. It wasn't exactly high to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.