Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStarUnited

His attempt at a clearance for the 2nd goal was actually pretty funny. It was so inept.

I've said it in the other thread but he's been stealing a wage for years at Utd. He's an absolute disgrace of a player. When does his contract finally end?
I did this mad man laugh when I saw the replay to that goal. I didnt know how to react, do i get angry or laugh at that.

Acole9

Outstanding
He didn't do too badly tonight to be fair to him. Gave the ball away a fair bit but lets face it who didn't. Honestly never expected to see him in a United shirt again.

FromTheBench

Why didn't existing staff tell LVG about him already ?

It's frustrating that he hasn't left already and has cost us last 2 seasons now coming in. Waste of space and time at this point.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He didn't do too badly tonight to be fair to him. Gave the ball away a fair bit but lets face it who didn't. Honestly never expected to see him in a United shirt again.
He has never looked fit enough to run the whole 90 minutes. He should have been the leader in midfield. He should have been wanting the ball from the defense and played it forward or tried to make a run or do something. And you can't make the excuse that Powell was next to him. He well and truly may have sucked but whats your excuse? If Scholes plays to next a 20 years old, that doesn't give him an excuse to play badly. You have to show you're the leader and try and make things happen.

FromTheBench

He has never looked fit enough to run the whole 90 minutes. He should have been the leader in midfield. He should have been wanting the ball from the defense and played it forward or tried to make a run or do something. And you can't make the excuse that Powell was next to him. He well and truly may have sucked but whats your excuse? If Scholes plays to next a 20 years old, that doesn't give him an excuse to play badly. You have to show you're the leader and try and make things happen.
Powell was the one actually driving things forward in attack and attempting to make things happen in possession(though with a mixed success rate). Anderson played one good ball to Hernandez and then pretty much just rolled balls short or sideways. He can drive with the ball and spread it usually he didn't even do that and playing as the deepest midfielder neither was he tracking runners or screening for the defense. Whenever a defender in possession needed him to show up, he was very inconsistent in arriving for the pass as well.

Plus he went AWOL as usual after the 60th minute gassed.

Golden Nugget

Honestly what on earth was he doing for their second goal? One player in the box which he was following and he chooses not to mark him. As soon as Anderson ran away from him I sensed a goal and I was right. He then goes on and blames others.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
Honestly what on earth was he doing for their second goal? One player in the box which he was following and he chooses not to mark him. As soon as Anderson ran away from him I sensed a goal and I was right. He then goes on and blames others.
Why is he in that position though? Its so weird seeing Anderson being played as first man on midfield, he was an attacker ffs

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
August 2014 and this lump of lard still plays for us. 2007/08 he was impressive. 2008/09 he didn't kick on atall. 2009/10 should have been where he flourishes. 2010/11 was his final chance. Here we are 4 seasons after his final chance and he is still getting games for us? What the actual feck?

The 2nd goal is just a disgrace. Get him out, he doesn't even have the right fitness for the Premier League, he has nothing to offer Man United. Hasn't for years.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
I'm not defending him, but its just so weird to see him being played in defensive midfield, he doesn't have the lungs to do it, its so obvious

Since he's been here, did he ever get a 10 game run at attacking midfield position (where he did great at Porto and Gremio)? I doubt it...

Bojan11

I'm not defending him, but its just so weird to see him being played in defensive midfield, he doesn't have the lungs to do it, its so obvious

Since he's been here, did he ever get a 10 game run at attacking midfield position (where he did great at Porto and Gremio)? I doubt it...
Did he ever stay fit for 10 games? I doubt it.

coolredwine

lameredboots

That's because we didn't even have that position in the team back then.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
When an unfit lazy and good for nothing clown like Anderson manages to get on a Manchester United starting XI it's time to start really worrying. What the hell was LvG thinking starting the likes of him against a team that although weren't brimming with talent were sure to stick in and fight tooth and nail for every little thing. Anderson should be the last lad you'd put on in a situation like that. Pure stupid.

ZDwyr

His fitness base isn't very good, but people shouldn't be surprised he can't run out 90 minutes though. I mean that would have been his first full match in how long?

soapythecat

Not fit enought or even close to match fitness, but there lies the problems again. Never really had a good run of games in the 1st team to get up to speed, plays very little for the reserves, and seems to carry so extra weight which a pro footballer at this level shouldn't. I know the ice bucket challenge makes him look slim, but last night, when the wind was blowing on his shirt, he looked like a sunday footballer with a bit of a gut - I know that sounds bloody pathetic, but if he really really wanted to show LVG that he can have a future at the club, he should be showing he is in top shape.
I'm glad its his last year at the club and in a way, not being in Europe will help the club shift some of this 'deadwood' on, as there wont be the games for them to play. A huge waste of money, wages, time and effort on a player that has never put the club first in my eyes.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Christ are we back to calling him fat again? Yea, I'm sure he's piled on weight in the week since that ice bucket thing.

There's plenty of valid reasons to criticise him; stop resorting to flat out making shit up.

shivab

hes been out of the team for so long yet he can pass the ball better than cleverley and fletcher. Its really a sad state of affairs when anderson is the best match fit CM we have the moment.
that being said he did alright yesterday and I would rather have him playing next to herrera than fletcher or cleverley.

montpelier

I've seen him looking more unfit but have seen him looking fitter too - which I think is fair cos he's been out a LONG time.

Either a waste or unlucky - probably a mix of both. We might be stuck with him and you never know !!!

(we do know really, obv)

Last edited:

OneUnited24

We should pay for the remaining time of his contract and kick him out really.
Whats the point of that? If hes a bad influence around the dressing room then fair play but from what i understand hes very popular with the other players.

We're stuck with him, all we can do is run out his contract and hope he has an impact in the games he plays in

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Whats the point of that? If hes a bad influence around the dressing room then fair play but from what i understand hes very popular with the other players.

We're stuck with him, all we can do is run out his contract and hope he has an impact in the games he plays in
One less shitty option on the bench ? I wasn't 100% serious obviously but it says more about him than the club that he's willing to sit on his arse and do feck all. Yes it didn't work out with Fiorentina but maybe a loan back to Brazil or Portugal is something better suited for him.

OneUnited24

One less shitty option on the bench ? I wasn't 100% serious obviously but it says more about him than the club that he's willing to sit on his arse and do feck all. Yes it didn't work out with Fiorentina but maybe a loan back to Brazil or Portugal is something better suited for him.
You're right it would be one less shitty option but if he did go on loan I'd assume, like Nani, we would end up paying his wages which doesn't make sense to me. At this moment in time we hardly have any better CM coming through the ranks who i would rather see play there so we have nothing really to lose keeping him here.

Dont get me wrong i would like him out of the club as i think he offers us next to nothing but with no potential buyers we are stuck with him

mark_a

I'm curious how bad things were at Fiorentina if it was worse for him than being at United?! As someone said before, he did really well for us, but a combination of lack of fitness, injuries and possibly lack of motivation just stalled his progress.

It really would have been good if he'd progressed, but as a previous posted pointed out, he just didn't.

He's definitely on the list to go, for me, but not at the top of it.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Christ are we back to calling him fat again? Yea, I'm sure he's piled on weight in the week since that ice bucket thing.

There's plenty of valid reasons to criticise him; stop resorting to flat out making shit up.
Exactly, my post above shows how "fat" he still is. Posters on here love to use old ammunition just to make sure their point comes across.

Jonno

Mistake for the second goal, but the guy does have a lot of ability, and made a worldy pass in the first half to one of our strikers or wingers from deep in midfield, and was one of our better players. If we are genuinely stuck with him, then I say lets see if Van Gaal can get him match fit and perhaps he could be a half decent backup. He offered more than Fletcher and Cleverley have in the opening two games, and they have had a full pre-season in our team in comparison to Anderson who was practically called in from the job centre yesterday.

Danny

One of our better players last night. Don't think he collapsed like a lot of the other senior pro's did even after the 1st goal. Plus, don't think he has ever played defensive midfield successfully before, yet LVG considered this to be okay when playing alongside Powell and Kagawa/Januzaj (who both like to be more advanced) Other players could have played in position and he play further up.

Status
Not open for further replies.