Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I don't think we could get £5m for him. May as well keep him for his 15 game a season contribution

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
He benefits playing with the likes of Nani and Zaha. He can fire his cannon pases at them and they actually control the ball. I think we've established at this stage that he's never going to realise he doesn't have to turbo blast every pass he makes, so this is the only solution really.

When I think about him, sometimes I see a 5 yard scoot and a look up and a massively overhit through ball go sailing deep for a goalkick :lol:.

Nathan

I would like to see him play more than 30 games for United. He surely has loads of talent and can do the job. Many people want to focus on the weight but when you critically analyse his play he is able to split defences with his range of passing, he brings an energy into the midfield.

Comsmit

Yeh how often does he actually split defences though? I can remember one pass from last season....he normally pings the ball either straight at an opponent, over the head of a teammate, or blasts it straight at their shins. He often just goes for passes that disrupt the flow of a move, either to far into space, too quick of pace or basically trying to pick someone out who is surrounded or isn't expecting the ball. We don't need energy when it is wasted or misused in the way Anderson does....we need a calm, composed player who is creative and disciplined in possession. He surely has talent and can do the job? Six years is a pretty long apprenticeship.

Aside from his fitness he just isn't a very good central midfielder. You need to have a good degree of awareness, and intelligence to actually become a good one. His decision making at times is abysmal, and the real grind is that he hasn't really improved or polished his game in all the time he has been here.

That cannot be excused by injuries. He's a fecking buffoon.

Shimo

His passing may not always come off - heck maybe it rarely does but, that doesn't make him stupid. To me I prefer his way, for some reason I think it's the more "United" way because it tends to put more pressure on the opposition defense than the patient, "smart" pass it 5 yards back and forth style.

I don't understand where Comsnit's "he lacks awareness and intelligence" comes from. The only thing I can think of is that he tries passes that have a smaller probability equates to being unintelligent.

There is no disagreeing that in his time here often times his passes just are not quite right - overhit often but, in what I've seen it takes him a run of games to get the speed right. This pre-season is a good example, as it's gone on I've seen his passing get better and better. So I do think injury has always had an affect on his ability to get what many think is simple, to get the pace of his passes right.

Unfortunately I think we've been spoiled by having Mr. SatNav who could come back after 8 months out of football and shame every player on the pitch. Yet, if we look at another player, Giggs, who no one would say is unintelligent / unaware - tries a lot of these same through balls which rarely come off.

An Anderson who plays consistently will give us a lot but, the biggest question is not his ability to me - it's whether his body will hold up long enough for him to show us he is good enough to play consistently for us. I guess I am a glutton so I hold out hope it will this season, if anyone is due some luck on that front - it's him (and Smalling and Jones and well now Nani too lol).

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He's dynamic, something we're crying out for in centre midfield. That's why so many are still sticking by him with so little to show for the last 4 years or so. To jettison a player that gives us something different to any other squad member, however sporadically, without a replacement in the bag seems ridiculous.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I would like to see him play more than 30 games for United. He surely has loads of talent and can do the job. Many people want to focus on the weight but when you critically analyse his play he is able to split defences with his range of passing, he brings an energy into the midfield.
Yes but when he can only do it well for 60 mins a game, then whats the point? Every year he starts off saying he will be fit and then he gets injured, puts on weight and struggles for the last half of the season. And the cycle just continues every year.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I like Ando, and think going forward he gives us something only Giggs provides at the moment from that part of the park (and no, not unnecessarily risky passes that never come off). But.

He should never, ever be paired with Cleverley again. Good lord it was like watching an U10 match from the sideline, yelling at the kids to stop chasing the ball and pay attention to where they are on the pitch.

It should be so simple - pay attention to where your midfield partner is. If he's out pressing the ball, than for f*cks sake don't you go running out too. Must have been half a dozen times in the first half that Cleverley and Anderson chased past the ball, leaving Sevilla a clear run at the back 4 (resulting in two of the goals).

It's so basic ffs.

Sam

I like Ando, and think going forward he gives us something only Giggs provides at the moment from that part of the park (and no, not unnecessarily risky passes that never come off). But.

He should never, ever be paired with Cleverley again. Good lord it was like watching an U10 match from the sideline, yelling at the kids to stop chasing the ball and pay attention to where they are on the pitch.

It should be so simple - pay attention to where your midfield partner is. If he's out pressing the ball, than for f*cks sake don't you go running out too. Must have been half a dozen times in the first half that Cleverley and Anderson chased past the ball, leaving Sevilla a clear run at the back 4 (resulting in two of the goals).

It's so basic ffs.
In 6 years Anderson has gained absolutely no positional sense or discipline as a central midfielder. None. Nothing. Nada.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
He is not good enough, and nor is Cleverley, to be our first choice midfield players. Fine as squad players (well Cleverley is, Anderson's fitness issues might prevent that again).

We won't be renewing his contract.

dev1l

I can't believe Anderson cannot shed some few more kilogrammes...I mean Phil fecken Dowd managed to do it...

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
For 50k a week I'd happily do shuttle runs with Ando on my back!

Devil may care

We need to put the match day balls in the oven with some pies so Anderson will chase the scent when he's on the pitch.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Only wan him to stay as we are so short in this area if we were to sign Fabregas and Fellaini then happy for Anderson to vacate!

DevilRed

Nice to see that Moyes has him in his plans. We say it every year, but as long as he can stay injury free then he will be a contributor to the team.

Comsmit

Nice to see that Moyes has him in his plans. We say it every year, but as long as he can stay injury free then he will be a contributor to the team.
Has he got a choice? Cleverley is playing totally within himself and there are no other natural central midfielders available. Moyes will give everyone a chance to show what they can do so in reality it really is last chance saloon for Anderson.

He's unbelievably lucky he still has a chance with United quite frankly.

walsh

Joking aside, it's great to see that the staff see a proper player in Ando, they seem determined to give him the best possible chance of performing this year by getting him fitter than he's been for a long time. Hopefully he will embrace it (seems so far like he is) and really show some ambition to succeed at this club, Moyes and co. are clearly giving him every chance to do so. He could (finally) be an excellent player to have in our squad aside from being a top bloke and occasional inconsistent performer!

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Joking aside, it's great to see that the staff see a proper player in Ando, they seem determined to give him the best possible chance of performing this year by getting him fitter than he's been for a long time. Hopefully he will embrace it (seems so far like he is) and really show some ambition to succeed at this club, Moyes and co. are clearly giving him every chance to do so. He could (finally) be an excellent player to have in our squad aside from being a top bloke and occasional inconsistent performer!

I think (and hope) that its more a case of using every tool we have as well as we can until another plan comes off (we sign two new CM's) I don't think even today there was much to suggest we'll get anymore from him than we have for the last 3 seasons.

Dante

Average bang
He'd be a better player if he played within himself a bit and cut out the attempted hollywood balls and slide rule passes every few minutes. Maybe he could still do them from time to time, but a switch to a possession-based game (with the odd bursting run) would actually help the team out more than his oft-failed Gerard impersonations.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
He had a very good few minutes. I love his little one twos.

Status
Not open for further replies.