Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamwest

Has anyone got a pic they can share that shows Anderson actually looking fat? Because every time I have seen a photo of him with his shirt off his was ripped as feck. I understand the whole lack of fitness thing, not being able to complete games, (which I think says more about his ability to pace himself over the course of a game than his actual levels of fitness by the way, though Im sure that comes into it as well). But the whole thing about being fat always struck me as being a bit unfair.

See that photo above, he doesnt look fat. He has a massive, barrel like chest. But that isnt fat. Look down at his stomach, there is nothing there.
He obviously isn't fat but how can you compare that to somebody like a Rio or a Ronaldo?

Maybe he's just "big boned"? Not having any of it mate, he could easily drop a stone and perhaps he wouldn't be injured half the time.

Lowkey

Has anyone got a pic they can share that shows Anderson actually looking fat? Because every time I have seen a photo of him with his shirt off his was ripped as feck. I understand the whole lack of fitness thing, not being able to complete games, (which I think says more about his ability to pace himself over the course of a game than his actual levels of fitness by the way, though Im sure that comes into it as well). But the whole thing about being fat always struck me as being a bit unfair.

See that photo above, he doesnt look fat. He has a massive, barrel like chest. But that isnt fat. Look down at his stomach, there is nothing there.
im 99% sure he has not breathed out the entire time that procedure is taking place. Look at his face lol. He is controlling that shit well.

Adebesi

He obviously isn't fat but how can you compare that to somebody like a Rio or a Ronaldo?

Maybe he's just "big boned"? Not having any of it mate, he could easily drop a stone and perhaps he wouldn't be injured half the time.
People naturally have different physiques. Ludicrous for anyone who isnt a beanpole like Rio to be called fat. I bet Ronaldo has a similar chest to above as well, he is stacked as feck as well, only he is much taller (isnt he? I havent checked that.)

Adebesi

Yeah, Ronaldo is 10cm taller. 5 foot 7 compared to 6 foot 1.

I reckon Anderson is stacked with muscle and quite short which makes him look slightly barrel shaped.

Of course if anyone posts a photo of him with a gut I will stand corrected.

Skywarden

I hope he pass the medical and gets a good half a season under his belt.

Best wishes.

Kaiketsu_Zorro

After 2-3 seasons since he joined us it became obvious to me that he's not the Scholes successor we hoped him to be. Ever since, I wanted him to leave so that other options are tried in CM. Good luck and thanks for the memories.

adamwest

People naturally have different physiques. Ludicrous for anyone who isnt a beanpole like Rio to be called fat. I bet Ronaldo has a similar chest to above as well, he is stacked as feck as well, only he is much taller (isnt he? I havent checked that.)

Are you his nutritionist? The lad needs to drop a few pounds, that much is obvious! I'm not saying he has to be a bean pole...

Lowkey

I do love Ando, he was so likeable, and even now i still wanted him to succeed so much for us. Unfortunately, it never happened. Thanks for everything!! Keep smiling and taking the piss out of your new team mates :)

Brophs

The One and Only
I don't know why people are getting misty eyed. He'll be back in the summer as soon as they realise he's not much cop.

Plugsy

On the assumption the tattoo on the left is the Americas and the tattoo bottom right is Spain/Portugal...does he think we're stuck in the middle of the atlantic?

Adebesi

Are you his nutritionist? The lad needs to drop a few pounds, that much is obvious! I'm not saying he has to be a bean pole...

Hardly. Im a porker myself. I guess Im trying to provide some kind of counterpoint. This feels like a case of groupthink to me, or a joke that has taken on a life of its own. Hardly a post gets made concerning Anderson that doesnt make reference to him being fat, usually to explain why he hasnt made it as a footballer. That strikes me as strange given in actual fact he doesnt strike me as being fat, he strikes me as being short and ripped with muscle. You say he could drop a few pounds, OK maybe he could but, that being the case, is the perception fans have of him proportionate? I made a comment suggesting he isnt actually that fat and I got half a dozen responses to that within a few minutes, the first of which assumed I was a WUM. If you read that and hadnt seen him youd think he was actually seriously fat. I just dont think he is.

But again, it may be I am entirely wrong on that, it is just an impression. As I said before, if someone posts a photo of him where he actually looks fat (and he absolutely doesnt in the photo above, his gut is smaller than his chest, that is not fat by my definition, ive never seen someone who puts weight on their moobs and not on their stomach - except that guy in Fight Club but that surely doesnt count.)

Anyway I dont want to spend ages defending this POV, Ive made my observation, Id be interested to see photo evidence if anyone has it, otherwise if people think he's fat then fair dos, its hardly the most interesting debate to get bogged down in, especially since he is off now, he isnt our problem anymore - not for the rest of this season anyway.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
If you compare the Anderson in his first season to the current Anderson there's obviously a clear difference.

But yeah his fatness is exaggerated

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
I'll always remember him for smashing his penalty down the middle in the Moscow shoot-out. Having come on for a few seconds of the game and purely to take a penalty really, that took some real bottle. His celebrating in the back of the net gave everyone a lift.

Good luck to him.

I've read from a couple of sources today that we paid 27million for him in 2007. Is that Euro's? I have never seen this figure before (in pounds). I thought it was under 20mil.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Whether he's fat or not isn't the point, that's just a question of semantics.

The important part, which I'm really not considering to be up for debate, it's his lack of fitness and inability to stay clear of injuries have hurt his career.

Coupled with the fact that he looks really heavy, to the point of actual clumsiness on the ball at times, and I'd say he's not got the ideal phsyique for playing football. He can't finish 90 minutes FFS. It's reasonable to assume that his build and lack of fitness makes him more vulnerable to injuries.

Whether that's because he's got too much muscle or because he's fat is quite irrelevant, in fact, muscles weigh more than fat - but nevertheless he should shed some weight, either way.

Lowkey

I still believe he deserved a better run in the first team...especially this season. Shame he got disregarded and pushed away. Ando needs a manager to believe in him and give him confidence to play his natural game. Still more creative than any of our other CM's we have at present, yet barely played.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You could just imagine the doctor poking him in the ribs, and a sudden whoosh of air shoots out his mouth and his belly just pops out everywhere :lol:

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
When he departs, you'd hope we have someone coming in. We're not exactly plush with midfielders so losing one means surely we have a replacement lined up.

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
I don't know why people are getting misty eyed. He'll be back in the summer as soon as they realise he's not much cop.
This, 100%

Utterly depressing

Some of you feckers sad that this useless twat has left is staggering. He's done square root of feck all since joining *but he scored a penalty in Moscow wah wah wah*

He's garbage. An absolute wage thief. I just hope those Italians are stupid enough to pay a fee for him in July

Adebesi

When he departs, you'd hope we have someone coming in. We're not exactly plush with midfielders so losing one means surely we have a replacement lined up.
The counterargument is Anderson isnt actually even an option, considering how little we have played him, his absence makes little difference. We have Fletcher, Carrick, Felliaini, Cleverley and Jones as our midfield options and we tend to play 4-4-2 so you can make the case that we are well stocked, in numbers at least, if not quite so much in quality. And then you have Kagawa, Rooney and even Giggs if you want to play 3 in the middle. So while I would like to see acquisitions made to increase quality, Im not sure we can count on it as a one-out-one-in thing.

Hellboy

This, 100%

Utterly depressing

Some of you feckers sad that this useless twat has left is staggering. He's done square root of feck all since joining *but he scored a penalty in Moscow wah wah wah*

He's garbage. An absolute wage thief. I just hope those Italians are stupid enough to pay a fee for him in July
Harsh but true, lived off his 12 months reputation to steal a carreer.

Getsme

This, 100%

Utterly depressing

Well aren't you an angry little fella.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's a good move for everyone involved.

I hope he does really well there. He was such a big talent.

Shark

@NotShark
This, 100%

Utterly depressing

:lol:

It's hardly his fault that SAF kept him around for so long.

Edit: What I will say though, is that I'm disappointed he didn't try harder to pay back the faith that SAF showed in him. You only have to look to player like Darren Fletcher to see a player that actually appreciated his position and worked his balls off to get back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.