Music Anderson .Paak

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
The Compton album was crap. Malibu is excellent, Venice is also really good.

Oxnard is growing on me. A lot of songs are much better after a couple of listens.
He should me making music with the likes of Madlib, Kaytranada, Terrace Martin and so forth...not an over the hill and irrelevant Dre Dre, as demonstrated on Compton.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He should me making music with the likes of Madlib, Kaytranada, Terrace Martin and so forth...not an over the hill and irrelevant Dre Dre, as demonstrated on Compton.
Yeah I agree. I’ve never been a huge Dre fan but especially now. The beats on this aren’t terrible though.

Loublaze

ATLien
I thought Compton was exceptionally good.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Anywhere really stands out as the exceptional track imo. It's probably one of my favourite top 10 songs of the year.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Anywhere really stands out as the exceptional track imo. It's probably one of my favourite top 10 songs of the year.
Yeah top tracks for me are Who R U?, 6 Summers and Anywhere.

Dante

Average bang
Also, this non-album single isn't on this thread. I thought I'd post it for the sake of completeness. It's from this April, but wasn't included in Oxnard.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Its everything I wanted Oxnard to be. Winner's Circle is so smooth.

Lyricist

Damn I have to check that out immediately!! I saw him live in Frankfurt last month and the show was absolutely sick! Best concert I have ever been to, and I’ve seen quite a few from J Cole (who I also like a lot) to Joe Satriani to Joey Hisaishi’s Studio Ghibli compositions. Anderson .Paak is an insanely talented man.

BootsyCollins

Wow.
Just heard a few songs so far, going to sit down with the whole album as soon as i can, but so far extremely good.

"Make it better" is just amazing.

And i cried when i heard the Nate Dogg song. Nate is my favorite artist of all time and the reason i listen to the music i do today. And to hear him so.. so alive.
Damn!

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
There are some bangers on this (the Andre 3000 tune alone is worth the release) but at the risk of being Captain Obvious, he’d been better off releasing one really good album, rather than two fairly decent ones....

The internet’s made everyone think they need to release everything they make. An album should be like a book - Rewritten and edited until it’s actually good, not just spewn out into the ether on the first try. Bring back B sides, I say. And Special Extended Releases, where you get to choose whether you want to pay just to listen to all the average filler tracks..

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yah, I think this was released because of how disappointed everyone was with Oxnard.

Not a bad album or anything, but Malibu was just superior in, like, every aspect.

binary bot
Good album. Love 'make it better' and 'winners circle'. He previewed King James when I seen him live and it was a bit meh but it suits the album much more.

Loublaze

ATLien
This is the album I was expecting after Malibu. Its stellar track for track! Just listened to it last night for the first time.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Beautiful album, really easy to listen all the way through without skipping - I might add a couple of my favourite tracks from Oxnard and make a playlist/album out of it.

Dante

Average bang

The Anderson .Paak & Bruno Mars collaboration just announced they're releasing their first album in 12th November.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and guess that this will be record of the year.

This was their lead single, for those that missed it a few months ago:

Carolina Red

Staff

The Anderson .Paak & Bruno Mars collaboration just announced they're releasing their first album in 12th November.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and guess that this will be record of the year.

This was their lead single, for those that missed it a few months ago:
This is fantastic news

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Thought they waited too long after dropping the single, from an album hype/sales perspective.

It's Paak though so I'll listen. Just hope Bruno doesn't drag him too far to the soppy RnB side.

Dante

Average bang
An Evening With Silk Sonic is coming out later today!

On a side note, this video they released last week is one the funniest I've seen in years.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah been looking forward to this. The vibe they’re going for is great and all three singles have been good. The most recent one especially.