André Onana | Officially a Red! | #24

justsomebloke

The hope is that most of him being below average was in the earlier part of the season, when he'd barely played for about 18 months. If that is the case and he improved as the season wore on, then that period (along with his games when he first returned for Ajax) would be expected to be a bit of an exception.
Good! Hoping for a problem-free transition to the PL - he's clearly the right kind of keeper.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'd imagine he plays tomorrow right away, ten hags not one to waste time on players who won't play a role and he'll see it like training I'm sure.

JediSith

His frame def makes him look taller than he is. But next to average Dutchman VdS you can tell the 6.2/6.3 is probably spot on.
Definitely, Onana has more muscular frames, wouldn’t be surprised if he weighs more than VDS, also appears to have added more muscle since that pic.

colombianmancunian

6 foot 3 inches. Good height for a goalie, tall but not so big you are all clumsy.
1,90.5 meters. He is just as tall DDG and IMO got an average keeper height. He ain’t the tallest (like 2 meter tall Curtois) but isn’t short for a keeper in any way (like 1,83 meters David Ospina).

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
According to Wikipedia his full name is Andre Onana Onana. Seriously? Lends itself to a chant at least.

Onana Onana, duh duh de doo doo
Onana Onana duh duh de doo
Onana Onana duh duh de doo doo, de doo doo, de doo doo de doo de doo de doo doo doo doo doo

alexthelion

It doesn’t make a scrap of difference to the player’s ability, so what the feck does it matter :lol:? Actually, it perhaps does. If a player has a preference then it’s always best to give them their number, even just for the psychological impact (could be a good luck omen etc).

The obsession with shirt numbers here is mind boggling.
Really is weird, 1 - 11 hasn't been a thing since squad numbers were brought in donkey's years ago.

Unam333

According to Wikipedia his full name is Andre Onana Onana. Seriously? Lends itself to a chant at least.

Onana Onana, duh duh de doo doo
Onana Onana duh duh de doo
Onana Onana duh duh de doo doo, de doo doo, de doo doo de doo de doo de doo doo doo doo doo
Like our Eric Djemba-Djemba.
So good they had to name André twice.

alexthelion

I would rate De Gea as a 6/10 whereas our ST is a 1/10.
Personally I believe the GK situation should of been addressed only after the resolution of our ST one. Those 50 mil could of been redirected for a very good striker or strikers, for that matter.
It remains to be seen who do we buy.
Which very good striker are we going to get for 50m?

Remember the geese

I heard this Jøslus Complæntsson is quite a lad

I think it possible, but not ethical. I think we should annule his contract
Crazy the amount of people demanding a World Class striker without acknowledging that there aren't any available. Even suggesting that we shouldn't have signed Onana and kept De Gea, just so we could put the money towards this mythical £100m creature.

Salsoulkid27

Supports
Utd
Hey, got a chant idea for the new keeper, to the tune of The Fugees; "Oh Na Na Na, It’s the way that you play with the ball at your feet. Oh Na Na Na, so much more than a keep cos the way that you sweep”. Is there a chants forum on here?! Cheers

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
Crazy the amount of people demanding a World Class striker without acknowledging that there aren't any available. Even suggesting that we shouldn't have signed Onana and kept De Gea, just so we could put the money towards this mythical £100m creature.
I'm mostly surprised how people look at the game as if it's just 11 fellas of %/100 put together, instead of the interplay between players, like maybe DDG and Onana have the same skill level on average, but the interplay between him and Lisandro (and the other defenders, etc) would simply change the overall team, just by his playing style, that the whole %/100 will change of multiple players, with some looking better, and probably some worse. You can't just add a 6/10 striker up front and think the whole team average is suddenly fixed, your team could be better off with a 4/10 striker who just gets Rashford.

DBT85

Can't wait to see the lad waltz past the back line to support the midfield, but the AltComms heartburn meme is going to get worn the feck out I think.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It's a pity that Kane just signed a contract extension with Spurs till 2035, otherwise we might of been interested.
In today's market even Hojlund will cost us around 100 mil.

NLunited

I would rate De Gea as a 6/10 whereas our ST is a 1/10.
Personally I believe the GK situation should of been addressed only after the resolution of our ST one. Those 50 mil could of been redirected for a very good striker or strikers, for that matter.
It remains to be seen who do we buy.
DeGea at 375k a week buys you Onana. What’s your point?