André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCoppellFan

Christ, why are we so quick to knock down possible targets ?, the guy was sensational in the final vrs City, any clown could see he would massively improve our play from the back.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I assume this has been posted before.
some of these howlers are embarrassing.
All howlers are by definition embarassing and all goalkeepers make some.

The question is how often the make the. and (far more importantly) how much value they provide to the team the other 99.999% of the time.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Christ, why are we so quick to knock down possible targets ?, the guy was sensational in the final vrs City, any clown could see he would massively improve our play from the back.
Suppose with some it is it took us a couple of tries to replace Big Pete and VDS is really the only one that did. DDG has been relatively steady, but does not fit a modern style of football. It is a big decision and we have to get it right.

Bestietom

Won't be able to sign the players we want on 120million. We need to get rid of players first. Onana deal may have to wait, unless the club is sold and we get the thumbs up for more money.

croadyman

Hes not a monster but hes alot better than DDG.
Comes off his line to claim crosses and to sweep and is a good shot stopper.
DDG is one of the worst keepers in Europe for dealing with crosses.
Thats without mentioning his distribution.

He wouldn’t be my first choice but if hes available for a decent fee I would be happy for him to join.
Who would be your first choice?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Who would be your first choice?
Mike Miagnan, probably not as good on the ball, but he absolutely dominates his area and is a great shot stopper, hes also good enough on the ball too

croadyman

Mike Miagnan, probably not as good on the ball, but he absolutely dominates his area and is a great shot stopper, hes also good enough on the ball too
Will admit he's the most dominant,however get the impression Erik wants someone top drawer on the ball hence Onana/Costa

lex talionis

If DDG signs a new deal then this is unlikely to happen.
A point De Gea haters would be wise to keep in mind. ETH wants to keep De Gea and United have offered him a contract, wheelchair and pacemaker included.

Cassidy

Will admit he's the most dominant,however get the impression Erik wants someone top drawer on the ball
Hes good enough in my opinion, but I get the point.
For me in the premier league you need both, ability on the ball and command of the box.
Onana will do though

Cassidy

A point De Gea haters would be wise to keep in mind. ETH wants to keep De Gea and United have offered him a contract, wheelchair and pacemaker included.
Due to budget as has been reported. We have no number 9, we have a keeper (does not mean he thinks the keeper is good enough) hence no guarantee of no1 status

Dorris

Surely you don’t actually believe this? If we wanted to keep him why would he leave? He’s literally got nothing else on the table, it’s clearly being stalled at our end and he’ll 100% be released.

Dazzmondo

I assume this has been posted before.
some of these howlers are embarrassing.
Some of those aren't really big mistakes tbh. Every keeper makes mistakes is the reality. Diogo Costa made a couple really bad mistakes at the World Cup and in another game I saw him play for Porto. Especially when keepers try to play out from the back the way Onana does, they 100% are going to make some mistakes like he did in the early parts of the video. Many seem to think it was only De Gea making these mistakes with his distribution because they don't watch other keepers as regularly.

I've seen Onana a lot and think he's a great keeper. I also really like Raya. Haven't seen Costa as much but the stats look very good. I don't think any of them are close to De Gea in his prime, who was one of the best keepers I've ever seen. There'll be risk when changing keepers regardless. People are wrong to assume the next keeper will be better than Dave no matter what. Even getting in Barthez who was one of the best keepers in the world at one point didn't go that smoothly for us.

I think the 3 keepers we've been linked with are good options if we are going to replace De Gea. If we do end up keeping him for another season due to budget constraints, I don't think it's the end of the world either.

Syphon Wallet

Surely you don’t actually believe this? If we wanted to keep him why would he leave? He’s literally got nothing else on the table, it’s clearly being stalled at our end and he’ll 100% be released.
We don't have the budget and wanted to keep him on a reduced wage, but we refuse to guarantee him No1 spot as we probably want to bring in a replacement next year or when we have the budget.
Looks like we are forced to go into the market now, as DeGea doesn't like the deal.

OrcaFat

If he was going to sign he would have done it already. He’s running it down
When your manager asks you to stop playing out from the back after months of trying to make it work you know your card is marked. He’s not signing because he knows he won’t be playing pretty soon, I think.

Marcus

Signing this guy will have the biggest effect both direct and indirect on the team compared to other positions. Should be a priority.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's funny but the thing that will determine most if we had a good window of not will be if de Gea stays/we don't sign someone like Onana or if we finally replace him. Failed window if de Gea is a starter next year.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Extremely debatable. Pretty much the instant the season was over we started getting reports that it was ETH and the club who had second thoughts and were refusing to sign the contract. Now obviously they are just rumours, but I'd say it's quite likely. Especially when considering that there haven't been any clubs in Europe even remotely linked to De Gea, so it doesn't seem the hold-up is on his end as he explores his options.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
The same Ten Hag identified replacing De Gea as a priority last summer and again this summer, and United offered Pogba a contract before he left also.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This is a good video about Onana's distribution and his abilities as a goalkeeper in comparison to other keepers.

mav_9me

I don't know much about which GK to go for but it was incredible watching City unable to press Inter. I don't know if I have seen city not press ever before. The key to that was Onana. Not sure how much of all that was down to him vs lot of credit to the team in general...

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
You can make any keeper who has ever played the game look like a clown with a sub-2 min compilation of all his worst mistakes. Get a grip, people.

croadyman

I don't know much about which GK to go for but it was incredible watching City unable to press Inter. I don't know if I have seen city not press ever before. The key to that was Onana. Not sure how much of all that was down to him vs lot of credit to the team in general...
Only worry is him coming to claim ball

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
How long ago was these? Could have developed since or are they recent?
some a recentish, some aren't. But Onana is always a bit of a clown, sometimes in a good way, sometimes not so much. But overall it's not that much of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.