André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurencio

I would be very surprised if we didn't end up with Onana. He wants it, we want it, and Inter would like to sell him to us.

Seems inevitable.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I would be very surprised if we didn't end up with Onana. He wants it, we want it, and Inter would like to sell him to us.

Seems inevitable.
Yeah I don’t think the latest reports are anything to worry about. We’re hardly likely to brief the press that we’ve got loads of money to spend, but doing the opposite is handy.

Anustart89

De Gea was on €20m per year so over a five year period it’s FFP neutral to sign Onana for €50m with yearly wages of €10m (€200k/w). Can’t see FFP being the reason for pulling out is we’re letting de Gea go.

Dempsey19

De Gea was on €20m per year so over a five year period it’s FFP neutral to sign Onana for €50m with yearly wages of €10m (€200k/w). Can’t see FFP being the reason for pulling out is we’re letting de Gea go.

We're not pulling out. Just some stupid journalism by the Mirror.

I'm fairly confident he'll sign.

L1nk

He's an option only according to Whitwell, but certainly not the only one

Stadjer

He's an option only according to Whitwell, but certainly not the only one
Please not. He is a good Eredivisie goalkeeper and would be a good option for a midtable team in one of the better leagues but he surely isnt Manchester United quality. Bijlow is also injury prone. He cant even become our national team goalkeeper eventhough he hardly has any good competition.

Woziak

Glazers don’t want to spend any cash at all, the quicker they f….off the better for everyone !

Marcelinho87

Please not. He is a good Eredivisie goalkeeper and would be a good option for a midtable team in one of the better leagues but he surely isnt Manchester United quality. Bijlow is also injury prone. He cant even become our national team goalkeeper eventhough he hardly has any good competition.
The rumours are as backup, not first choice.

Irwin99

Set the two clubs that need money against each other: if we're priced out of Onana move then maybe Costa?

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
In favour of this transfer, so that my username sounds like 2 United players rather than 1.

Will then ask mods to Irishize my username. Nani O'Nana or something.

RORY65

The rumours are as backup, not first choice.
That's not the way it's framed in that article by Whitwell, it indicates he'd be a cheaper option as number 1 than the likes of Onana or Costa or an alternative to De Gea if United prioritise buying a striker. I'm not sure we are quite as restricted by FFP as is currently being suggested, at least if we can sell a few players, but it does seem that there's not a huge amount of money available currently to fill 2 key first team roles.

Mainoldo

It’s not like we don’t have Dean F’ing Henderson available to sell. :lol:

I told you guys the Italian press were trying to sell Onana for Inter. We aren’t paying their asking price.

It will be more haggling and FFP this. FFP that.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
In favour of this transfer, so that my username sounds like 2 United players rather than 1.

Will then ask mods to Irishize my username. Nani O'Nana or something.
Most likely they'll change it to Onani Nana

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Oh to be a real club and actually get the target you need.

Newtonius

I’m not convinced this is the guy we should be replacing DDG with if I’m honest.
Hes definitely the right profile but yeah spend the extra on Costa. Onana seems crazy with the ball at his feet there is no way he will get away with it in the PL.

JustinC00

Looks like there was a brief, money suckers wont sanction the money so looks like another year of De Blunder or we'll use what we get for Henderson for a guy that can't stay fit.

JustinC00

Hes definitely the right profile but yeah spend the extra on Costa. Onana seems crazy with the ball at his feet there is no way he will get away with it in the PL.
money sucking glazers won't even sanction the money for Onana what makes you think they'd sanction it for Costa.

Sylar

It’s not like we don’t have Dean F’ing Henderson available to sell. :lol:

I told you guys the Italian press were trying to sell Onana for Inter. We aren’t paying their asking price.

It will be more haggling and FFP this. FFP that.
If it's true forest wanna give us 30m for Henderson, then that + saved wages on ddg and Henderson + 20m transfer gets us onana and we're in a better position financially and first team.

Of course we could just stay as 'we're interesting but walking away due to X y and z' thus going for cheaper alternative like has been happening for years

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
We will get him. Inter’s price kept increasing. Started with 50 mil € and today I read in one of the tweets maybe by Di Marzio that it was 60 mil. We are now probably only communicating that we won’t go too high.

Stadjer

Why wouldnt he? He got away with it in CL final against Manchester City and Ederson gets away with it in the Premier League. He might mess up once or twice but so does every goalkeeper in the world. Even Neuer at his very best had a mistake sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.