André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverratedOpinion

Don't Inter owe us £47 million for Lukaku?

Sorted...
They are a Serie A club so they have probably worked out an agreement at a pound a week. They wouldn't move from that when they can just sell him elsewhere and offer Brentford 32 quid for David Raya.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Aren’t a Saudi club sniffing around him? Need to get this done ASAP

CloneMC16

I can't wait to see us with a baller in goal. It's gonna make a huge difference.

georgipep

This is the Onana thread or I would've delved deeper into the wreck of a team Solskjaer created after claiming in a press conference about wanting to play a high line like Liverpool. And after having the highest net spend in the league in his time at the club, he still didn't close to implementing a high line.

And hence when he tried to play more expansive football in his 3rd full season after signing Varane, the wheels completely fell off. And if you want to continue this discussion in a relevant thread then respond to me in a relevant Solskjaer thread and I will delve deeper into the mess Solskjaer created by signing players who just didn't fit into the high defensive line he spoke about creating.

But as this is the Onana thread, I hope we end up signing the player. And hopefully we can come to a agreement with Inter soon.
Totally on the same page re Onana.

Re Ole though, I have a completely different view. Anyway, we've spent enough time detailing this thread.

Hoof the ball

Not a comment on Onana but I feel like Tifo don't make nearly as good videos as they used to.
Well, this video is from Tifo-IRL channel, which is more centered around short tactical analysis. You're probably remembering the original Tifo channel, which is their main one with all the stories, hand-drawn illustrations and whatnot. That one is still putting out quality content.

Alemar

I’m starting to think this transfer is more important to ETH than even a new striker. He clearly wants to play much higher up the pitch and dominate the ball.
Without a doubt, it would be transformative to the way we play. Striker wouldn’t (although would also improve us, surely)

OverratedOpinion

Well, this video is from Tifo-IRL channel, which is more centered around short tactical analysis. You're probably remembering the original Tifo channel, which is their main one with all the stories, hand-drawn illustrations and whatnot. That one is still putting out quality content.
Yeah no I still watch both. I recently watched the "Sensible Man Utd" signings video. Used to always be an interesting watch where they would suggest a few players who were not big names. This one was basically De Jong, Onana (if I remember correctly) and one name I didn't know that we'll. It feels like the amount of effort has dwindled a lot.

Bojan Djordjic

The sensible transfers video series has definitely gone to shit since they've partnered up with the Athletic. They used to have really creative under the radar picks but the recent video for United had Harry Kane (£100mn 30+ yr old) and Frenkie de Jong (would apparently need to be kidnapped to join us) as their options. It might just be that Jon Mackenzie, who is really great on tactical stuff, has taken over from Alex Stewart, who I would associate more with player id and data but I do think that particular series has suffered. Even though he seems like a nice bloke, I also find JJ Bull's "random" persona very irritating at times.

Alemar

We need to offer 40+5m pounds, it would be 52.5m in euro, should make it acceptable

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He apparently rejected as he only wants United
Happy days then. Think we’ll compromise on the fee like we did with Mount. We’ve learnt in that regard where we try and pay as little as possible instead of always the high end of the fee.

zinnaldo

To the tune of Rihanna - Whats my name:

O-NA-NA, thats his name!
O-NA-NA, kicks with aim
O-NA-NA, protects the frame
puts Kane to shame,
he's fecking insane

Wezzaldo

O-NA-NA, thats his name!
O-NA-NA, kicks with aim
puts Kane to shame,
he's fecking insane
Everton use that tune for their Onana. What about something slightly different. O-NA-NA to the tune of ooh La La? Not got time to think of the filler lines :lol:

Kag

Desperately hoping this goes through. It’s way more important than striker.

We could have the best striker in the world, but our build up from the back would still hinder the team to the point that we’d still never really kick on.

Get this done, sell a few players, and get that striker in.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.

O-NA-NA, thats his name!
O-NA-NA, kicks with aim
puts Kane to shame,
he's fecking insane
Ob-la-di, o-na-na
He saves shots, brah
La, la, he saves shots for sure

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
The sensible transfers video series has definitely gone to shit since they've partnered up with the Athletic. They used to have really creative under the radar picks but the recent video for United had Harry Kane (£100mn 30+ yr old) and Frenkie de Jong (would apparently need to be kidnapped to join us) as their options. It might just be that Jon Mackenzie, who is really great on tactical stuff, has taken over from Alex Stewart, who I would associate more with player id and data but I do think that particular series has suffered. Even though he seems like a nice bloke, I also find JJ Bull's "random" persona very irritating at times.
It’s just money. It’s always money.

Why spend 150 hours making a video about a kid playing jungle football in South America that few will watch, when you can jump on board the Harry Kane hype train and get 0000’s more views.

I’m sure The Athletic connection has brought viewcount pressures along with it.

NYAS

Imagine doubting DiMarzio on an Italian transfer…only on the Caf

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Imagine doubting DiMarzio on an Italian transfer…only on the Caf
Yeah, Don for a reason. If it's transfer involving italian team then Di Marzio will be accurate and will be among the first to break the news.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
How is he in shot stopping and on going out on crosses? I admit that i didn't watched him much.

NYAS

To be fair Laurie is normally dependable but has had a shocker of a summer so far
Laurie is in the same boat as the other UK journos, they’ll either tell us what United want us to know, or they’ll confirm transfer news that has already broken elsewhere (usually a day or so later).

Ornstein is the only guy consistently and reliably breaking transfer news in the UK.

buckooo1978

I haven't seen much of him if I am being honest, but the little I have of him, I wouldn't say coming for crosses was his strong point. I stand corrected if those that have seen him play a lot differ, but that was my observation of him in the small sample size I seen.
Yes there's nothing that stands out for me in terms of command of his area in the limited times Ive seen him. Probably on a par at least with De Gea on shotstopping and reflexes given Dave's decline. Ability with the ball at his feet a massive upgrade.

Be interested to read what those who've watched him regularly think.

De Gea's ability on crosses is as much and issue as his passing at times. Inviting pressure.

Lj82

I'm warming up to this potential signing. Was watching his clips and noticed that he is equally comfortable with both feet, which makes it very difficult for the opposition to press him

Status
Not open for further replies.