Andreas Pereira image 15

Andreas Pereira Brazil flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
How do teams on the bottom half of the table not want this lad as a loan option? I dont even understand why he doesnt get opportunities in our team but even lower table teams?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
The Mail (I know) saying he's been told he can go on loan but could have a future at the club. I'm not sure why people here believe Mourinho's suddenly going to trust young players who don't have much experience, he's never really done so before and I doubt we'd have recruited Mourinho believing we could change him. Hopefully Pereira does well, if he does go on loan, and proves that he's up to it.
Aye, I agree. Unfortunately I think the only crop of the youth who'll get fairly consistent gametime next season will be Rashford and Fosu-Mensah.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
This was my biggest worry about Mourinho and the reason I didn't think he fit in the clubs identity and this sounds like I was correct. Oh well if we can get winning I guess that's all that matters but I love seeing youth players getting a fair shot.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Would love to see him go on loan in the EPL. Better for his development than as a sub. He is at the age where he needs regular game time.

Zoo

He should have gone on loan last season. Hope he finds the right loan and gets regular game time.

settembrini

How do teams on the bottom half of the table not want this lad as a loan option? I dont even understand why he doesnt get opportunities in our team but even lower table teams?
All premier league clubs are so rich nowadays that they can easily buy established quality players from any other league in the world. Not many will fancy helping us develop a player when they don't have a guarantee of keeping him if he does well.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Maybe, just maybe, there indeed is something wrong with this guy? He wasn't even getting game time under LVG and the deluded one was throwing literally every youth player we had on the pitch.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Maybe, just maybe, there indeed is something wrong with this guy? He wasn't even getting game time under LVG and the deluded one was throwing literally every youth player we had on the pitch.
Every youth DEFENDER. Not really with attackers except Rashford but that was a necessity more than giving him a chance.

dichinero

If that clown LvG had let the boy go on loan to PSV when the opportunity arose, I'm sure he would have racked up to 30 appearances at least.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Hopefully he is loaned to either PL club or Championship. No point sending him loan to Dutch league.

dichinero

Aren't you the expert?
Don't worry, you don't need to be an expert to know that. He wanted PSV, which is where he grew up and they wanted him. They also lost Memphis and Gini in the same widow. So go figure.

Mike09

Can't believe he is going out on loan while Lingard & Memphis are kept around.
Different position. What do you expect? We have too many midfielders, some of them need to go on loan or sold. Pereira was hardly getting enough professional football games last season compare to Lingard and Memphis so he needs to prove himself first.

Jig1234

Different position. What do you expect? We have too many midfielders, some of them need to go on loan or sold. Pereira was hardly getting enough professional football games last season compare to Lingard and Memphis so he needs to prove himself first.
Memphis - what is his position. Been tried no.10, LW, ST. He has no position he has looked terrible at utd.

You telling me Pereira would not do a better job than Memphis whether it's RM, CM or no.10.

Memphis won't get minutes either with Martial surely nailing down LW. Ibra/Rashford - ST. ROoney/Mihki - no.10/RW.

You say we have too many midfielders but it's the RW/RM where we lack any variety. Mata/Lingard possibly Mihki if Rooney plays no.10

RB-RM/RW is significantly weaker compared to the left. When you look at Shaw/Blind + Martial. I think Pereira and Januzaj are much better than Young, Memphis & Lingard.

rocks13

Don't worry, you don't need to be an expert to know that. He wanted PSV, which is where he grew up and they wanted him. They also lost Memphis and Gini in the same widow. So go figure.
But what would have been the point? We signed the Dutch footballer of the year last summer and he's been awful. 30 games in the Dutch league wouldn't have proven anything.

Sb_16

Loan him to a club which will play him in the position where we see him eventually. I'd prefer a foreign league to PL, which I think is risky given the recent influx of money.

dichinero

But what would have been the point? We signed the Dutch footballer of the year last summer and he's been awful. 30 games in the Dutch league wouldn't have proven anything.
And we were supposed to know this at the start of last season? What boy needs are games.

rocks13

And we were supposed to know this at the start of last season? What boy needs are games.
We know it now. What does playing games in a weak league achieve? James Wilson went and got games at Brighton and hasn't returned as a world beater.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Hopefully he is loaned to either PL club or Championship. No point sending him loan to Dutch league.
It has to be EPL or La liga. Anywhere else is pointless. And at a club where he would start every game.

dichinero

We know it now. What does playing games in a weak league achieve? James Wilson went and got games at Brighton and hasn't returned as a world beater.
And you would rather him just not get any game time then? I seem to be getting you. He's at the age where he needs to test himself in a competitive atmosphere. So you wanted his first loan move to be in the PL or what?

rocks13

And you would rather him just not get any game time then? I seem to be getting you. He's at the age where he needs to test himself in a competitive atmosphere. So you wanted his first loan move to be in the PL or what?
I was thinking maybe Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Sentient Meat

I can't believe one of the cash strapped clubs fighting off relegation wouldn't take him on a loan.

Jose's mad to get rid of him without a proper run of games

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Hes done next to nothing at senior level. It's not surprising clubs are not lining up to sign him.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Neither did Pogba.
Is the exception.

Pereira is a good talent, clearly, but people expressing disbelief that no Pl club is interesting in signing him is bizarre. He's completely unproven at this level. He may do well for all we know but it's quite a risk for any lesser clubs.

Mike09

Memphis - what is his position. Been tried no.10, LW, ST. He has no position he has looked terrible at utd.

You telling me Pereira would not do a better job than Memphis whether it's RM, CM or no.10.

Memphis won't get minutes either with Martial surely nailing down LW. Ibra/Rashford - ST. ROoney/Mihki - no.10/RW.

You say we have too many midfielders but it's the RW/RM where we lack any variety. Mata/Lingard possibly Mihki if Rooney plays no.10

RB-RM/RW is significantly weaker compared to the left. When you look at Shaw/Blind + Martial. I think Pereira and Januzaj are much better than Young, Memphis & Lingard.
This post of yours is completely nonsense and irrelevant. I haven't say anything about who is better Memphis or Pereira. All I have been saying is Pereira hasn't been playing enough first team professional football. Memphis played more games with us than Pereira last season, Memphis had his first team senior appearances with PSV before. In term of experience he is clearly way more than Pereira has. You need to understand that Mourinho can't just give everyone chance because our expectation right now is challenging the league. Mourinho thinks Pereira hasn't prove himself in the past so it is risky to keep him, and to get games time he needs to play by going on loan.

Talking about best position, a lot of people in here clearly think Pereira is no8 or 10. Memphis is a winger so two different players with different position. In midfield position we already have Herrera, Schneiderlin, Carrick, Fellaini, Schweinsteiger and another player is likely to join us Pogba. That gives us 7 players to fight for 2 spots by including Pereira and in no10 we already have Mata and Rooney. The best way for Pereira to get more games time is by going on loan and prove himself. If he has a good loan spell, Mourinho will consider his talent and role in our squad next season.

ReDDHDevilS

Managers don't take risk with CM positions because you lose midfield, more often than not you lose everything.

I keep seeing Park and Rafael's name every time people talk about Pogba but managers would rather have an experienced player over throwing in a rookie with virtually no experience outside the academy level and especially when you're challenging for the title it's a no-go.

Even LVG who literally handed everyone a debut at United, never did it with the CMs. What I didn't like about LVG though was he kept Pereira instead of letting him go out on loan when there were some serious interests there.

And now with Jose, who never relied on inexperienced players and mostly plays the same team game in game out, there is very little chance of Pereira getting any game time here. So it's better he goes out and get regular first team football. A game on every weekend is better than 20+ training sessions.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Managers don't take risk with CM positions because you lose midfield, more often than not you lose everything.

I keep seeing Park and Rafael's name every time people talk about Pogba but managers would rather have an experienced player over throwing in a rookie with virtually no experience outside the academy level and especially when you're challenging for the title it's a no-go.

Even LVG who literally handed everyone a debut at United, never did it with the CMs. What I didn't like about LVG though was he kept Pereira instead of letting him go out on loan when there were some serious interests there.

And now with Jose, who never relied on inexperienced players and mostly plays the same team game in game out, there is very little chance of Pereira getting any game time here. So it's better he goes out and get regular first team football. A game on every weekend is better than 20+ training sessions.
Not all managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.