Andreas Pereira image 15

Andreas Pereira Brazil flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReDDHDevilS

Pep Guardiola did with Busquets
That's one name! It's an exception, not the norm I's talking about in my comment.

Was Busquets playing for Barca B in the second division then? Because if it's then it's basically the Championship in England.

Edit:
Busquets made his debut at the start of 2008/09 season when he's 20 and already played 32 times for Barca B.

The Blackburn game people keep mentioning was in the middle of 2011/12 season (During very crucial festive period, Dec 31st) when Pogba was only 18 and been only promoted to U21.

Two completely different scenarios.

Last edited:

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hope he finds a good loan. Was hoping he would break through this season

adamwest

What's his best position? I think it's either at 10 or as part of the front 3 behind the striker, assuming we employ a 4-2-3-1. He could not play in the 2 behind the 3 that's for sure, and i'd be wary of playing him in a 3 man midfield - he's an attacker. Will he displace our certain starters Mkhi, Martial or Rooney? Not in my opinion, although the case is obviously there for him to be played ahead of Wayne on current form / recent history. Would I bring him on instead of Rashford assuming the other 3 start? No I wouldn't, not after the impact the lad has made. I'd put him ahead of Depay, but that's a bit of a weird one as he doesn't seem to be up for discussion in all these clear out stories. Jesse probably deserves to play ahead of him too, although his ceiling is much lower. It's a weird one as it'd be great if he stayed, but realistically he'd benefit hugely from a proper loan and regular game time.

In Rainbows

What's his best position? I think it's either at 10 or as part of the front 3 behind the striker, assuming we employ a 4-2-3-1. He could not play in the 2 behind the 3 that's for sure, and i'd be wary of playing him in a 3 man midfield - he's an attacker. Will he displace our certain starters Mkhi, Martial or Rooney? Not in my opinion, although the case is obviously there for him to be played ahead of Wayne on current form / recent history. Would I bring him on instead of Rashford assuming the other 3 start? No I wouldn't, not after the impact the lad has made. I'd put him ahead of Depay, but that's a bit of a weird one as he doesn't seem to be up for discussion in all these clear out stories. Jesse probably deserves to play ahead of him too, although his ceiling is much lower. It's a weird one as it'd be great if he stayed, but realistically he'd benefit hugely from a proper loan and regular game time.
The 2 behind the 3. He had his best seasons for the youth team in that position. I've never really been impressed with him at the 10.

MounchesterUtd

I like his game and I'm hoping he makes it, but look at what happened with Denis Suarez. One of the highest rated prospects of his generation, but Barca still sold him after buying him from City in the first place, before buying him back. People just need to accept that, unless you're a Martial caliber talent, the modern game just isn't kind to the development of young players.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
We should probably sell him with a buy-back. Barely anyone envisages him getting healthy playtime here and it'd be better he got himself regular games at a club that feels wholly responsible for him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
LVG screwed him over a bit. He needed a loan last season to have a break through yeah so is probably a bit behind now. Not too late though. A good loan where he plays at a high level but consistently and he can show his class after which I see no reason why he can't come back and be a part of our team, alongside Pogba in front of a defensive mid. Hes got the ability for sure.

NotQuiteManc

Buy back clauses a'la Barca or Madrid wouldn't be too bad. Just probably there is a chance that the boy wouldn't want to go "home" as he is not local lad like Rashford, or Fabregas, Carvajal to Barca and Madrid respectively. Could be risky business, or is it buy back means the player must go back no matter what?

Ephrem

People say we have too many mid . Lets assume we will play a three man mid since we are signing pogba. So we will have Carrick , Bastian , Blind,Herrera , Fellaini , Schneirdlein , Pogba and Rooney & Lingard to an extend. Thats 9 for 3 positions .

But rumors says Bastian is definite to leave and Blind too . So thats 7 for 3 positions . Carrick cant play twice a week but still will be an important player . Fellaini will be carefully used by mourinho . Those two wont play every match . So that leaves 5 in Herrera , Pogba , Schneirdlein , Rooeny and Lingard . Pogba & Schneirdlein will be starting but if given chance Pereira/Mensah can put Herrera/lingard/rooney at bench .

At the same time a loan which makes sure both play plenty of games is also not bad . But I'm worried about Jose's loan policy . If he determined that they are not good enough now then I dont think he will change that in a year

prath92

Apparently he has offers from PSV and Leicester . Should stay away from Leicester. Will be another januzaj Dortmund situation if he goes there.

LouisDanGaal

Apparently he has offers from PSV and Leicester . Should stay away from Leicester. Will be another januzaj Dortmund situation if he goes there.
Wouldn't like PSV either, dutch league isn't a great barometer for a player, maybe middlesborough or somebody like that?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Those better be loan offers

prath92

Wouldn't like PSV either, dutch league isn't a great barometer for a player, maybe middlesborough or somebody like that?
The problem with PL is that there's too much money at stake that people won't often play loaned youngsters. Especially ones with Little experience.

Devil may care

If he's going on loan I hope it's within the PL, he needs to get used to playing regularly in our own league.

LouisDanGaal

The problem with PL is that there's too much money at stake that people won't often play loaned youngsters. Especially ones with Little experience.
Yeah its a fair point, maybe Spanish top flight then for one of the skint teams. Don't like it when players spend too long in the championship so if you can't get prem go abroad.

prath92

Yeah its a fair point, maybe Spanish top flight then for one of the skint teams. Don't like it when players spend too long in the championship so if you can't get prem go abroad.
Yeah teams in bundesliga would also do good. They generally play youngsters who are talented.

m1y2

Can somebody explain what is the situation with him now? He was praised in the first game by José on tour and rightly so and from then played like 10 minutes and from then wasn't involved at all. He must be surely going out on loan, can't see him playing for U23 with hardly being involved in preseason while doing well again...

Januzaj might be sold I think but surely he's going out as well..

ThanksBoss26

Can somebody explain what is the situation with him now? He was praised in the first game by José on tour and rightly so and from then played like 10 minutes and from then wasn't involved at all. He must be surely going out on loan, can't see him playing for U23 with hardly being involved in preseason while doing well again...

Januzaj might be sold I think but surely he's going out as well..
Presumably exactly as you say, going out on loan.

As long as he picks a club where he plays, it'll probably benefit him more than playing the odd few minutes here and there with us this season.

kundalini

There were 2 options open to Mourinho if he felt Pereira was short of experience. He could have started Pereira in all our Europa League, FA Cup and League Cup games. I suspect the number of games he will get on loan will be fairly similar.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's very likely, yes. He isn't part of Mourinho's plans for this season. I expect Andreas and Borthwick-Jackson to find loan deals within the next week or so.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He probably has a number of loan offers and taking his time to decide.

DWelbz19

My friend in Netherlands says PSV are interested, and there were rumours they were last season too. Wouldn't mind that move at all - Ajax seem a bit iffy with a new manager and formation whilst PSV seem a very settled side that he could break into and go on to win the league with.

m1y2

If PSV means, that he starts 80% of games then okay, but I'd rather he went to championship than to the shit Dutch league, I think there would be plenty of clubs who are in a need of a creative midfielder, he can be a tough guy too, cant see much any premier league club where he could get regular starts, the week clubs have no time to play promising players as they fight relegation and the rest spend big for good, established players

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I'd like to see United get a clause in that baring injury, if he doesn't feature for a set number of games he can be recalled. We can't afford another Adnan situation and sometimes these clubs don't have the best interests at heart. We saw that with Rossi when he went to Newcastle. If we want him to get games, we have to make sure a loan deal WILL work for us. Else just keep him in the squad. If we 'smash' a team bring him on. Cup games - even the Europa league against certain teams. We've not done brilliant with loans but I would rather it with an English club and a manager that's played for United.

Devil may care

I'd rather he went on loan in the PL, if Phelan become Hull manager that would be a good fit as they have like 7 fit players so he'll get plenty of game time.

ottosec

This kid has no luck, every time he got some minutes he did well, but somehow he never plays in the official matches. Last year every guy and his dog got to play for the first team except him. This year I thought he was very good the two times he played in the friendly games and now he can't even make the squad and has to go on loan.

Is he shit in training or what, how come he doesn't get any chances?

beergod

If PSV means, that he starts 80% of games then okay, but I'd rather he went to championship than to the shit Dutch league, I think there would be plenty of clubs who are in a need of a creative midfielder, he can be a tough guy too, cant see much any premier league club where he could get regular starts, the week clubs have no time to play promising players as they fight relegation and the rest spend big for good, established players
PSV is probably the right place for him right now. van Gaal's decision to hold on to him instead of allowing him to experience first team football means that he needs games more than he needs to play at the highest level possible. At PSV he would be in a situation where if he performed anywhere near the level expected he should regularly play in a team that expects to win every match and has games in Europe.

Championship loans are too hit and miss for young players and I'm leery of a Championship loan for a player that has such a wide gap between his top level and bottom level of play.

DWelbz19

I'd rather he went on loan in the PL, if Phelan become Hull manager that would be a good fit as they have like 7 fit players so he'll get plenty of game time.
Why would you want him to go to a side destined to get the chop? No doubt they'll be playing shit on a stick football too.
I'm leery of a Championship loan for a player that has such a wide gap between his top level and bottom level of play.
I completely agree. Extend that to a lower half PL loan too.

LouisDanGaal

Admit you just pulled that out of the air randomly. Would he play ahead of Gastón Ramírez (Uruguayan international) at #10, or Grant Leadbitter (their captain) at #8?
Yeah hence the word maybe and it was in a conversation about premier league clubs to go on loan with, I wasn't trying to catch a scoop. Middlesborough being a prem club where he might get minutes. I hadn't even thought about players but if pereira isn't as good as either of those bang average players don't even worry about it, just sell the lad.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
He's never going to get games this season ahead of Pogba, Herrera, Fellaini, Carrick, Schneiderlin, and maybe not next season either, if I were him I'd just leave and get my career started, he's just spinning his wheels here sadly.

C'est Moi Cantona

I just hope we loan him somewhere he will actually get games, the last thing he needs is another lost year.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Januzaj and him - they should have had more game time for their talent and age - and they should have had it here somehow. We messed up as much as they did.
I hope both they find loans for themselves at a lower PL club.

Gerald G

Rumours that Karanka wants him at Middlesbrough. I would like that and I think it will beneficial for all, so hopefully it is true.

Nickosaur

Excited at the thought of him on loan getting playing time. Genuinely think he could do really well.

Tiber

Boro will be a great move for him, they had a strong window and should play a good standard of football

Loublaze

ATLien
United should just sell him if he's not good enough. Same with Januzaj. I'd ask for a permanent move if I was in their shoes. I don't know what he's doing in training but he clearly has talent. These loan moves at his age rarely do anything for the player's chances at the parent club.

Status
Not open for further replies.