5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

The club needs to start negotiating a new contract with him this year and don't leave it for the last 18 months.

kirk buttercup

I loved when United brought players through from the academy like this ( a few loan spells ) . When you see a guy like this coming back into the first team makes me personally happier than any 100 million Pound signing. Well done Lad .

Ekeke

Good on the ball and tried hard to keep his position. Also won the ball a good amount. Did have a few issues and tussels with Maddison and there was 1 moment where his man ran off him because he didnt read the danger, but overall a good effort in a new position

Riz

For all our complaining I’m very very happy with our midfield options. Matic and Pereira are great options for the deep midfielder and Pogba and Fred you imagine will be first choice in the centre. Herrera, Fellaini, McTomminay is decent enough cover.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
For all our complaining I’m very very happy with our midfield options. Matic and Pereira are great options for the deep midfielder and Pogba and Fred you imagine will be first choice in the centre. Herrera, Fellaini, McTomminay is decent enough cover.
Agree. Think there’s enough options there to send Mctominay on loan. Lingard is an option aswell

RedNed77

Yes. Lowkey it was a 10 out of 10 performance really. Didn't see him do anything wrong.
Agreed on the lowkey. He wasn’t too ambitious, but did the basics very well. Which is what you’d want at this point in his career. He can add the fluff and flicks afterwards. If he wants that position on a permanent basis he couldn’t want for a better coach in Carrick either.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Hopefully he plays against smaller sides at home when we don't need two deep midfielders with Fred in there as well.
He reminds me of breakthrough Cleverly which could go either way
His passing range is way beyond Cleverly's.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think when Matic is fit Andreas could be a good option for the right wing position. He has a bit of pace and would probably be a better option than Mata

R'hllor

I think when Matic is fit Andreas could be a good option for the right wing position. He has a bit of pace and would probably be a better option than Mata
If he performs on high level. Matic as fit should fight to take position back.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
I would love to see him dictating the tempo of the game for us - I think that will probably come with more experience.
I said it in a different thread about Sanchez being isolated but that applies for Pereira too.
He can hardly set a tempo of our play when
  • Pogba with every touch he makes lose the ball like in the first half
  • when have a subpar striker who doesn't challenge for any headers, who rarely wins a challenge on the ground and can't hold up the play
  • when the whole team parks the buss because of that
  • when we have Darmian and Shaw who are unable to dribble a bit with the ball and keep it and rather hoof it forward which result in a loss of possession, who are also unable to make a run to recieve the ball because of their lack of technical ability or pace
  • When there is invisible Mata who can't hold the ball, win a challenge or make a run and keep the ball for a while or when Sanchez has 50% of passing completion and looses the ball far too easily too
basically as a result of 5 players being way subpar result us being sieged by Leicester fecking city, we couldn't simply keep the ball and build an attack or string few passes together. I am sure when this gets better Pereira will be able to set a tempo, because with Fred they looked good in parts, Fred is also able to recieve the ball and turn and pass it quickly and be available for a pass, more players like that but high hopes for our two midfield additions

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
If he performs on high level. Matic as fit should fight to take position back.
exactly, like when Matic replaced Herrera. Let's hope the claim is storng and he will be able to play a game or two before decisions are made

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Matic is Jose's pet child. He will start when fit. Hope Andreas also starts in some capacity

Canagel

He's better than Matic. Only thing Matic has over him is experience. So so good again. He gets the ball and then moves it on quickly. Seing how good he was on the ball already and those floated passes over the top like Carrick plus the workrate and improved tackling. We have almost everything there to be the perfect number 6. Just can't wait to see how he develops.

MadMike

So press resistant and calm on the ball. I really like him.

I reckon he’s only 4th behind Pogba, Matic and Fred and since he can play all 3 positions he will get loads of game time this season. Will also probably replace Matic in a year or two, permanently. He just needs to stay patient and keep playing well and taking his chances

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
He's better than Matic. Only thing Matic has over him is experience. So so good again. He gets the ball and then moves it on quickly. Seing how good he was on the ball already and those floated passes over the top like Carrick plus the workrate and improved tackling. We have almost everything there to be the perfect number 6. Just can't wait to see how he develops.
Matic is the better DM yet, even though his lack of mobility and lack of pace has hurt us at times, and contributed to our slow transitions.

Pereira is more the type of DM we should move forward with though, especially if we plan to keep a midfield 3. With a midfield 3 you only need a pure destroyer against the very best.

el3mel

Matic is far better DMF but Periera will be a good replacement for him to rest Matic on needed, better than Herrera that's for sure. He can be molded to succeed Matic in the future if he keeps on like that.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Reminds me of Tony Kroos.

Yeye I know, I'm not making any comparisons.

Thisistheone

So press resistant and calm on the ball. I really like him.

I reckon he’s only 4th behind Pogba, Matic and Fred and since he can play all 3 positions he will get loads of game time this season. Will also probably replace Matic in a year or two, permanently. He just needs to stay patient and keep playing well and taking his chances
Lovely transition and will also save us millions

Seven Seas Sardines

Hopefully Young goes to rb tbh
Really intrigued by Pereira's performance. Let's hope he can keep it going!

It'd be insane if Darmian plays instead of Young against Brighton. Anyone know if Valencia will be back for the Tottenham game four days before the window closes? Would be great if we could offload Darmian before.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The desperation to play anyone that looks remotely decent at RW. :lol:
He's a CM. Looked average at LM where he's played numerous times. Now want to me him to the right. leave him and let him learn how to be a midfielder.

criticalanalysis

Agree with most comments here. Very good game. Most impressed with his on the ball ability AND his tactical discipline.

He's taken a leaf from Herrera's book and stuck to his task shielding the back four.

Hopefully Mourinho will get the guys to play a higher line and push/press higher up more though.

Utd getting dominated on possession at home with him, Fred and Pogba in a midfield 3 is embarassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.