5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMack1234

Very good game. Very good on the ball and his ability to spin out of a press is fantastic, you'd think he'll be a very valuable squad player.

deafepl

Agree with most comments here. Very good game. Most impressed with his on the ball ability AND his tactical discipline.

He's taken a leaf from Herrera's book and stuck to his task shielding the back four.

Hopefully Mourinho will get the guys to play a higher line and push/press higher up more though.

Utd getting dominated on possession at home with him, Fred and Pogba in a midfield 3 is embarassing.
It's not embarrassing because Jose was known to have less possession and don't favour dominant possession but if we didn't score a goal in first half, perhaps that would change course of the match and we would still dominate and try to score a goal before letting them take a control of possession, when up 1 goal, he may like us to sit deeper.

I would agree it'd be embarrassing if we had sort of manager like Pep/LVG who obsessed with possession based.

kthanksbye

Didn't put a foot wrong for me. Liked how he twists and turns his body around the ball while actually keeping his head up and remains aware of the players around.
Really helps him take the right decision most of the times instead of just passing it back to our CBs who then just hoof the ball and give away possession.

I'm excited to see him against teams that sit deep, he'll see a lot of the ball and I think he'll be important in unlocking defences. Because he plays balls between the lines with purpose and with good pace. Just wish our players improved their first touch collectively.

Him Mata and Sanchez were supposed to be players that are in match rhythm. Was a lot better than both of them .

JK-27

Echo others comments, was really impressed with his composure, positioning, and passing. Was a shame he had to sit so deep (basically as part of a back 5 at times) because I think he can/will be even better deployed further up the pitch.

Litch

The irony, we sign Fred when all along we had this lad. The problem is they aren't both going to be in the team when Matic comes back....

criticalanalysis

It's not embarrassing because Jose was known to have less possession and don't favour dominant possession but if we didn't score a goal in first half, perhaps that would change course of the match and we would still dominate and try to score a goal before letting them take a control of possession, when up 1 goal, he may like us to sit deeper.

I would agree it'd be embarrassing if we had sort of manager like Pep/LVG who obsessed with possession based.
I don't want to be negative after a good win with one half fit squad but we should have dominated that game before and after the goal anyways. And by dominance I don't mean needing to have 70% of the ball but we gave up possession and sat back far too easily. We didn't control the flow of the game at all.

el3mel

I don't want to be negative after a good win with one half fit squad but we should have dominated that game before and after the goal anyways. And by dominance I don't mean needing to have 70% of the ball but we gave up possession and sat back far too easily. We didn't control the flow of the game at all.
We should have controlled that ball but Leicester had only one good chance the whole match. I think it was a game under control, just in a fashionable way. We should aim to control the possession more at home though, don't disagree, but I think Leicester performance is getting overrated.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I don't think enough people appreciated his immense piece of skill in the late moments of the game. Wins the ball, deals with pressure and still has the quickness of mind and skill to spray out an inch-perfect pass across the field to a tightly marked Sanchez. What on earth was that? Last time I saw that was with Scholes.

Oldham

Excellent today.
Very good player. So much want him to break through as first team player...

SER19

So how much do we think a midfielder of his quality and age would have set us back this summer? I suppose it depends who youre signing from, but lets say about 25m.

Great extra option and will remove burden on matic

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The irony, we sign Fred when all along we had this lad. The problem is they aren't both going to be in the team when Matic comes back....
We will need to rotate anyway. Matic isnt as dynamic as Pereira so he can play both the Fred role or the Matic role.

Prongsy

Was watching the game with two pudlian friends, and it was literally the one thing I did all game every time he was going to be in on the ball, to say "Thats Pereira", as if to suggest "now watch", and boy did he do good. So happy we get to use him in such a technically important role for all its glory.

kundalini

I like Andreas Pereira but not in this current position. I noticed one good long pass that few of his team-mates could have managed and a couple of other good moments but that was about it. Conceded too many free-kicks.

I'm not convinced by his defensive play.

Yagami

Good post resistant
If he can develop his outside of the foot passing like Scholes as he's very one-footed and wastes time trying to angle the ball onto the inside of his foot, and keep the ball closer to him when avoiding the press as he's very loose with it, he could become a decent player.

Beagle

How good was our guy today? He honestly didn't put a foot wrong. Such a good performance, I'm really pleased for him ❤
He actually did everything so well. Even his yellow card was harsh. So good with the ball and defensively he is no mug either. So many times he was in the right places to breakup play and put pressure on opponents. And he's quite rapid when required too. A brilliant performance.

sherrinford

I like Andreas Pereira but not in this current position. I noticed one good long pass that few of his team-mates could have managed and a couple of other good moments but that was about it. Conceded too many free-kicks.

I would agree with him conceding too many free kicks and I don’t think that’s going to change - it’s the way he plays, rather rash in the tackle, like Scholes was. I don’t think it impacts which position is more suitable for him, were he to be deployed as a no.8 he would still be expected to drop and defend in shape - Fred fouled just as unnecessarily.

There were a few moments where he was slightly slow to react to players running off him (the left back escaped his attentions through a simple one-two in the first half, for instance, with Bailly covering excellently), but overall I thought he defended well. He will never excel defensively in the way that Kante or Matic does but that’s not why you play Pereira in that position.

His control on the ball in every sense was impeccable, as was his passing. There was nothing to dislike in possession, and although I wouldn’t disagree with anyone who would like to see him tried a bit higher up the pitch, it doesn’t invalidate the notion that he can be an asset in the no.6 role.

So how much do we think a midfielder of his quality and age would have set us back this summer? I suppose it depends who youre signing from, but lets say about 25m.

Great extra option and will remove burden on matic
Finding a good #6 is rare nowadays - Weigl from Dortmund is similar and he's around 50-60mil

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
In the first half, yes. In the second half after the team talk we had the lions share of the ball, and Leicester struggled to play into our half.

Dembeza

Maybe we can try him on the role that Isco plays for Real.

He can keep the ball under pressure, pass, beat his man and he has a good cross in him.

meamth

Maybe we can try him on the role that Isco plays for Real.

He can keep the ball under pressure, pass, beat his man and he has a good cross in him.
But midfielders with his qualities tend to love sitting deep and steady the ship. I absolutely love it playing in the middle and spraying the pass, like a car, you become the engine and drives the team forward. Pure satisfaction!

Andreas can be an awesome copy of Modric, and I really don't mind him deep.

Dembeza

But midfielders with his qualities tend to love sitting deep and steady the ship. I absolutely love it playing in the middle and spraying the pass, like a car, you become the engine and drives the team forward. Pure satisfaction!

Andreas can be an awesome copy of Modric, and I really don't mind him deep.
I can see where you are coming from and I agree with what you are saying.

His past loans he was being played as a winger, if I’m mot mistaken he played as a winger for the youth team a couple of times as well, so he won’t be in an unfamiliar position if we pushed him wide.

I don’t know exactly the role that Isco plays but to me he seems like he drives the team, keeps things ticking and always has the chance to drive forward with the ball (something that Andreas is very good at), putting Andreas in that position will help our attack and can also help us have a grip of the game. We can control the game better.

The biggest problem with the team is that we lose possession cheaply, our counter attacks are always ruined by a misplace pass or a bad first touch. Andreas solves that.

Having Adreas in the team solves 3 of the team’s biggest weaknesses (losing position cheaply, losing the middlefield battles and poor crosses into the box).

Mind you Real could have played a pure winger (Bale) but always opted for Isco, I think we should do the same.

AKDevil

Agree with most comments here. Very good game. Most impressed with his on the ball ability AND his tactical discipline.

He's taken a leaf from Herrera's book and stuck to his task shielding the back four.

Hopefully Mourinho will get the guys to play a higher line and push/press higher up more though.

Utd getting dominated on possession at home with him, Fred and Pogba in a midfield 3 is embarassing.
Your last point...I didn’t understand this at all. At last we have three players in midfield who all want the ball, are all comfortable on it, but we had them dropping back and letting Leicester control. It made no sense.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Your last point...I didn’t understand this at all. At last we have three players in midfield who all want the ball, are all comfortable on it, but we had them dropping back and letting Leicester control. It made no sense.
Again, in the first half. That didn't happen after the break.

Lj82

I actually thought his positional discipline was excellent, and he did well in the role.

I attribute the rash fouls to adrenaline. Quite hopeful he will grow out of it

haram

Wonder if we will try him on the right when Matic is back...

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

You shouldn't be to be fair. He has just started playing the role. He will probably need 6 months to fully come to grips with that side of the game. But the potential is there

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I actually thought his positional discipline was excellent, and he did well in the role.

I attribute the rash fouls to adrenaline. Quite hopeful he will grow out of it
Plus being a pure rookie in the role. Its like playing a young Scholes there. A period of adjustment is required. Having an excellent positional sense will aid him greatly in that

izec

Wonder if we will try him on the right when Matic is back...
He is a midfielder. Too slow to be a winger and his dribbling is not 1vs 1, but more getting out the press or dribbling out of a crowd. Nobody would come to the idea to waste Scholes, Carrick, Thiago or Verratti on the wing. His qualities are in the center of the field, no doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.