5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

haram

He is a midfielder. Too slow to be a winger and his dribbling is not 1vs 1, but more getting out the press or dribbling out of a crowd. Nobody would come to the idea to waste Scholes, Carrick, Thiago or Verratti on the wing. His qualities are in the center of the field, no doubt
When we play deeper he will be up against a press in that area the same way Mata is. If he can hold the ball in CM and resist the press there why cant he do it in Mata’s position? He is quicker than Mata as well which would help with counters.

Lj82

He is a midfielder. Too slow to be a winger and his dribbling is not 1vs 1, but more getting out the press or dribbling out of a crowd. Nobody would come to the idea to waste Scholes, Carrick, Thiago or Verratti on the wing. His qualities are in the center of the field, no doubt
Agree. His ability to wriggle out of trouble in the middle of the park is extremely valuable in modern day football where many teams play with a high press.

When Matic returns (which is good for the team. People sesee to have forgotten how good Matic is.), Andreas should be a rotational option for Matic, and also rotated with Fred for the number eight position.

izec

When we play deeper he will be up against a press in that area the same way Mata is. If he can hold the ball in CM and resist the press there why cant he do it in Mata’s position? He is quicker than Mata as well which would help with counters.
He could, but i would like if we give him time in midfield and let him develop there. As an emergency winger it would be ok, but not for the season as a starter. I think he has massive potential in the middle, controlling the tempo snd pinging passes, he can go far there.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Suprised by the amount of people that want him to play further forward.

He's perfect for that 6 role against lesser sides when we can sacrifice Matic's defensive work and need more creativity. He should rotate with him all season to keep both fresh. We've got Pogba, Fred, Herrera, Fellaini and McTominay for the 2 roles just in front so let's just let him play one position and learn that perfectly.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
It's not embarrassing because Jose was known to have less possession and don't favour dominant possession but if we didn't score a goal in first half, perhaps that would change course of the match and we would still dominate and try to score a goal before letting them take a control of possession, when up 1 goal, he may like us to sit deeper.

I would agree it'd be embarrassing if we had sort of manager like Pep/LVG who obsessed with possession based.
If you want to cede possession and play on the counter, then you have to set your team up to play rapid, incisive football with intelligent movement. You can’t cede possession and then play slow, ponderous football. So yes, almost everything about the way we play is embarrassing.

jesperjaap

A lot of people saying we dont have a proper right winger, wouldnt playing him there still mean we dont have a proper right winger, does it solve anything?

More importantly why move him back out there when he has in a handful of preseason games and the first game of the season shown so much promise that he can develop into a quality central midfielder be that as the number 6 or as somebody else said in rotation with Fred/Pogba if injuries or other reasons come up?

haram

A lot of people saying we dont have a proper right winger, wouldnt playing him there still mean we dont have a proper right winger, does it solve anything?

More importantly why move him back out there when he has in a handful of preseason games and the first game of the season shown so much promise that he can develop into a quality central midfielder be that as the number 6 or as somebody else said in rotation with Fred/Pogba if injuries or other reasons come up?
Well when Matic comes back, if he is playing at number 6 I thought Pereira could be an option on the right. Of course he could also play as a number 8 as well. He isn't a proper right winger, but he has played on the right before. I'm not saying he is the answer for the right hand side, just an option.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
IMO he could act like a De bruyne / Beckham on the right side.

You don't have to be skilful/tricky 1v1, you just have to link up well, time your runs correctly and move into the space.

Mata isn't doing enough for me to remain in the team, and if Matic HAS to come into the side I want Pereira in there still.

Litch

Was brill, his problem is he won't be starting. When fit Matic comes straight in, along with Fred and Pogs.

Andersons Dietician

He started the game on fire, touch instant pass, no mucking about on it which was a refreshing change and seemed to make an instant and dramatic change to the midfield compared to what we saw a lot of last year. He had that Carrick pass radar on as well at times, some of the passing was beautiful and as a bonus he is mobile and looks like he isn’t afraid to stick the boot in. There was the occasional time where a lack of positional awareness caught us out but that is something that will hopefully come with more experience playing there and I can live with that if he keeps doing what he was doing in that game. Matic should have a fight on his hands when he returns.

El-Manos

Mourinho praised Shaw as well to be fair. He seems to be in a good vibe surprisingly.

032Devil

Very impressed with him. If we had better full backs we could play a diamond formation with our best 4 mids and Alexis/Lukaku upfront.
If Shaw keeps up the level of performance as against Leicester and when Valencia returns I think that will improve our wing play/supply route considerably. But our midfield was over-run last night with Leicester having most of the control. THAT is a worry. Pereira was decent but I think he has some way to go to match Matic.

Kostov

This talk of him playing on the right might be a really good option, similar like Koke or even Saul played at Atletico maybe?

IAmAWinner

Composed performance (although I feel some of the praise is too much). Bigger tests to come, very nice option to rotate with Matic.

Devil81

His season will consist of being back up to Matic and allowing him more rests over the season. I thought he fantastic last night but Fred and Pogba offered little cover and he looked overrun on one or two occasions.

He's clearly one of the better players on the ball at United though, I see similarities to Thiago in terms of fast feet passing.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
If he can develop his outside of the foot passing like Scholes as he's very one-footed and wastes time trying to angle the ball onto the inside of his foot, and keep the ball closer to him when avoiding the press as he's very loose with it, he could become a decent player.
he doesnt seem to lose the ball under presssure neither he has a problem to release the ball with both feet, he's not one footed at all, he makes turns to create a better angle and for him to open up a play a bit so he can switch the game. With time he will learn if it's better to pass the ball on quickly to the right wing/RB or make a turn and pass it back to where it came from/forward if it opens up. He's done well yesterday, being cautious and that's what Mourinho wants from him, he will beuild on that and he will have much better games too with the squad in full strength but very tidy performance

3KDré

If he can develop his outside of the foot passing like Scholes as he's very one-footed and wastes time trying to angle the ball onto the inside of his foot, and keep the ball closer to him when avoiding the press as he's very loose with it, he could become a decent player.
I think I remember him deciding to take corners with either foot depending on the scenario. He’s pretty good with his left foot, just hasn’t shown it yet I am guessing

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Very excited about him, but i do wonder where he well end up playing if he gets much time at all

IMO he was MOTM in that deep role, but Matic will claim that once hes back and he won't displace Pogba either obviously. So its he and Fred/Fellaini/Herrera who has to fight for that last spot in MF?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
If he keeps this form up he'll become a very useful part of the squad. Very technical and always on the front foot. Considering he's playing in a new defensive midfield role you'd think he's a natural. Can be the first choice or easily cover for Matic or Fred on the right of Midfield. Could make Herrera surplus to requirements.

Kag

People go wild about the Verratti's of this world, bemoaning that we don't have this great dictator (not Mourinho, no) at the club.

Pereira could be that player. In possession, he's about as smooth and nifty as you'll find anywhere in midfield across the league. I'm not hopeful, as I expect Matic to come back into the side when fit, but I'd much prefer the type of player Pereira is in comparison. You'd think Carrick would be great for him, too.

Mould Pereira and give him games in this position and it could save us so much money when coming to replace Matic. I'm crossing fingers and toes.

ZlatMan

I did say he's gonna have a Lingard type of breakthrough season and last night he didn't show any signs of nerve. Composed, excellent, and intelligent are some to describe his performance. He will be back up once Matic is fit but remember we are playing in 4 competitions so I think he'll get 40 games maximum which is a lot.

Ekeke

He's not slow though, he is quite quick. Theres a reason hes been picked right and left midfield. Also Scholes did play on the left...

izec

He's not slow though, he is quite quick. Theres a reason hes been picked right and left midfield. Also Scholes did play on the left...
You know what i mean in regards to Scholes, yes he played on the left, but as a dictator in central midfield.

Pereira is averga pace wise for a winger in the PL. Look at your average Fullback or winger yesterday, he would be slow.

I also think would be wasted there and we should play the players where they look the best and have the most potential. We simply need to buy a RW and not shift players around to find a suitable one that doesnt fit.

Ekeke

You know what i mean in regards to Scholes, yes he played on the left, but as a dictator in central midfield.

Pereira is averga pace wise for a winger in the PL. Look at your average Fullback or winger yesterday, he would be slow.

I also think would be wasted there and we should play the players where they look the best and have the most potential. We simply beef to buy a RW and not shift players around to find a suitable one that doesnt fit.
Yeah he has average pace for a winger I agree, but that doesnt mean he cant play wide.

And while I agree he's probably going to be at his best in the middle, our right side is painfully average and crying out for some help from somewhere. And we have expensive signings to cover the middle. So that gives an opportunity for him to take the right side and improve it - because it wont be hard for him

Eriksen played on the right a lot last season for Spurs. Thats what he could do for us

izec

Yeah he has average pace for a winger I agree, but that doesnt mean he cant play wide.

And while I agree he's probably going to be at his best in the middle, our right side is painfully average and crying out for some help from somewhere. And we have expensive signings to cover the middle. So that gives an opportunity for him to take the right side and improve it - because it wont be hard for him
I know that you all want Pereira to play, since Matic is coming back and Pereira going to the bench, so put him on the wing since he played there in Spain.

The issue is that if he plays there and plays badly, he could lose some credit and confidence. I would give it a go if we were a possession based side and the positions flexible. But we play a realtively rigid structure and i feel he would be isolated on the wing, only reverting to crossing and safe side and backpasses.

He played for us in the middle and is learning that position here. I think in a few years he could be one of the first names on the team sheet. To break that up abd play him out wide is bot something i want to see, i want him to play now in the middle and let him develop there. He needs game time and experience there to learn the tools.

I would rather see Sanchez or Rashford there now and Martial on the left. But thats is just me.

haram

I know that you all want Pereira to play, since Matic is coming back and Pereira going to the bench, so put him on the wing since he played there in Spain.

The issue is that if he plays there and plays badly, he could lose some credit and confidence. I would give it a go if we were a possession based side and the positions flexible. But we play a realtively rigid structure and i feel he would be isolated on the wing, only reverting to crossing and safe side and backpasses.

He played for us in the middle and is learning that position here. I think in a few years he could be one of the first names on the team sheet. To break that up abd play him out wide is bot something i want to see, i want him to play now in the middle and let him develop there. He needs game time and experience there to learn the tools.

I would rather see Sanchez or Rashford there now and Martial on the left. But thats is just me.
The point is Matic, Fred and Pogba will probably be ahead of him in the pecking order and he may have a better chance taking Mata's spot on the right.

izec

The point is Matic, Fred and Pogba will probably be ahead of him in the pecking order and he may have a better chance taking Mata's spot on the right.
Alternatively, we could rotate more with plenty of midfield options. Matic should be rotated anyway, he got run into the ground last season. Fred is new and should be eased in and doesnt need to play every game. Only Paul is untouchable of course.

Ekeke

Really I want him to play there because our right side is so average and its hard to imagine him doing worse than Mata did last season.

Renegade

Really happy with how he played yesterday, loved his composure and skill getting out of tight situations.
You’d think Mctominay won’t get many minutes this year.

Pogba - Fellaini / lingard
Matic - Andreas
Fred - Herrera / Mctominay

Plenty options in the middle this year. Shame about our RW.

Thisistheone

If he's to be our long term number 6 then working with Carrick everyday should be a big help for the lad.

Yagami

Good post resistant
he doesnt seem to lose the ball under presssure neither he has a problem to release the ball with both feet, he's not one footed at all, he makes turns to create a better angle and for him to open up a play a bit so he can switch the game. With time he will learn if it's better to pass the ball on quickly to the right wing/RB or make a turn and pass it back to where it came from/forward if it opens up. He's done well yesterday, being cautious and that's what Mourinho wants from him, he will beuild on that and he will have much better games too with the squad in full strength but very tidy performance
He doesn't lose the ball, no. It's just the ball always seems to be a bit aways from him so I feel like it's easier for the oppo to nick it off him which is just me being paranoid because obviously it hasn't happened too often yet. It's just - if you look at Matic, Fred or Pogba when they do a turn - the ball stays glued to their feet whereas with Andreas it's just a tad loose. As for his one-footedness, I stand corrected. I've just never really noticed him using his left.

I don't mean to sound negative on his showing if I am - I thought he played well! I'm looking forward to seeing how he progresses this season.
I think I remember him deciding to take corners with either foot depending on the scenario. He’s pretty good with his left foot, just hasn’t shown it yet I am guessing
Ah, fair enough.
Pereira will. His are out of natural agression and mistiming due to not being used defensive midfield. Scholes plain didn't give a feck
True :lol:

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Matic pre Christmas and Matic post Christmas were 2 different propositions. Perreira should be used as a rotation foe him, not shunted wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.