5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizane

Glad he got some minutes a bit further forward last night. He's not a sitting midfielder by any stretch and thought it was unfair Mourinho brought him in from the cold and asked him to do a job there.

Hopefully see a lot of him in the cup competitions.

Glad he got some minutes a bit further forward last night. He's not a sitting midfielder by any stretch and thought it was unfair Mourinho brought him in from the cold and asked him to do a job there.

Hopefully see a lot of him in the cup competitions.
He can play as an #8 or #6

He has the ability and skill to do well in both positions. The #6 is a more tricky postion but he can succeed there if he plays regularly there.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was impressive last night. Also happy to see him in his more natural role. Not sure why we seemed to have switched him and McTomminay round, with Scott playing more 8, and Pereira 6 - but the 8 suits him better, and if Scott has any real chance here, I’d say it’s as a Matic-like player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Was impressive last night. Also happy to see him in his more natural role. Not sure why we seemed to have switched him and McTomminay round, with Scott playing more 8, and Pereira 6 - but the 8 suits him better, and if Scott has any real chance here, I’d say it’s as a Matic-like player.
Think because Scott is tall and "used to be a striker". I think Jose hopes he will be a Fellaini-lite but he doesn't seem to be good at heading or even have a good shot.

I think eventually he will settle down to be a defender/DM in the future.

Darlington Padgett

Think because Scott is tall and "used to be a striker". I think Jose hopes he will be a Fellaini-lite but he doesn't seem to be good at heading or even have a good shot.

I think eventually he will settle down to be a defender/DM in the future.
I don't think Scott has a future with United. I don't think he should even be on our bench.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't think Scott has a future with United. I don't think he should even be on our bench.
I must admit I struggle to see where he will fit in, but he's very young and inexperienced. I think he will need a loan soon.

Darlington Padgett

I must admit I struggle to see where he will fit in, but he's very young and inexperienced. I think he will need a loan soon.
He just looks like a hard working player at the moment but things can change with a little experience.I can't see the potential but Mourinho must see something in him we don't.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I love how focused he is in driving the ball forward, having Matic behind him really helped as well
He didn’t have Matic behind him. Fellaini played at the base and Matic was moved further forward.

Nicklas

Felt kind of obvious that they just called him up last time because of the Belgium rumours, anyway. Not saying that he didn’t deserve it though.

Mcking

Felt kind of obvious that they just called him up last time because of the Belgium rumours, anyway. Not saying that he didn’t deserve it though.
Would have probably called him up again if not for the fact we've dropped him for weeks now.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
The question is if he started today would we be able to create more chances and control the game better so we could win it? It's just hypothetical but despite Fellaini had a good game think we lacked much quicker build up play and penetration which we know Pereira can provide. I could understand playing fellaini in a tough away game but we should be going for it today and for me Pereira is even better player overall and simply should start hge showed that he can be relied upon, he played better football than Fred and he only today had his first decent game. Shame we couldn't see them combine from the beginning but hopefully in a cup game and little cameos we see our Andreas play for us because I think he's an exciting type of player worth developing with a top level cap

RedCurry

I feel he’ll become a massive player some day. I know it’s a big comparison but he reminds me of a younger Kroos.

worldinmotion66

He's inconsistent. Was very poor against Brighton but I didn't like the way that he was immediately frozen out. I'd like to see him play consistently with Pogba and Fred/Herrera, but it almost certainly won't happen. I hope he has a stormer against Derby and gives Mourinho a decision to make.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's inconsistent. Was very poor against Brighton but I didn't like the way that he was immediately frozen out. I'd like to see him play consistently with Pogba and Fred/Herrera, but it almost certainly won't happen. I hope he has a stormer against Derby and gives Mourinho a decision to make.
The whole team was tbh

Devil may care

Did well when he came on, I prefer him as a #8 than a #6 as he's got the dribbling and creative passing to make an impact in the final 3rd, hopefully we see more him as the season goes on, he should surely start on Tuesday.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The question is if he started today would we be able to create more chances and control the game better so we could win it? It's just hypothetical but despite Fellaini had a good game think we lacked much quicker build up play and penetration which we know Pereira can provide. I could understand playing fellaini in a tough away game but we should be going for it today and for me Pereira is even better player overall and simply should start hge showed that he can be relied upon, he played better football than Fred and he only today had his first decent game. Shame we couldn't see them combine from the beginning but hopefully in a cup game and little cameos we see our Andreas play for us because I think he's an exciting type of player worth developing with a top level cap
And then the question is how many goals are we letting in. You can talk all you want about better play and going for it but that doesn't mean you can just forget about defending. Pogba doesn't defend at all, Fred is just chaotic and always reliable for defensive mistakes and Andreas while being able to put in some gritty tackles isn't the greatest defensively either. Add that with Lindelof being shaky as feck and you're just guaranteeing goals being conceded. Without Fellaini's intervention we could have conceded a couple inside the first 20 minutes.

Andreas is a good talent, but you don't just throw team shape and logic out the window to shoehorn him into the side. Fellaini has been a key piece and Andreas wouldn't replace any of his inportance.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
And then the question is how many goals are we letting in. You can talk all you want about better play and going for it but that doesn't mean you can just forget about defending. Pogba doesn't defend at all, Fred is just chaotic and always reliable for defensive mistakes and Andreas while being able to put in some gritty tackles isn't the greatest defensively either. Add that with Lindelof being shaky as feck and you're just guaranteeing goals being conceded. Without Fellaini's intervention we could have conceded a couple inside the first 20 minutes.

Andreas is a good talent, but you don't just throw team shape and logic out the window to shoehorn him into the side. Fellaini has been a key piece and Andreas wouldn't replace any of his inportance.
I know I commented about Fellaini in his thread and another and I think he Fellaini had a good game himself but we just lacked what I said and Lindelof problem could be easily fixed by playing other more realiable defender next to Smalling can't we? Pogba is actually showing some maturity in his game lately and puts in some decent defensive shift. Fred was brilliant defensively today, agreed on that he was a bit rushy at the begining but he played there for Shachtar, Think all three palyers could work there well defensively with a good CB and Fellaini is not 100% either he loses his marker often in the box and his clumsiness cost us at least on two occassions, with occasional brainfarts getting a red card. I don't think it is a safe decision to play fellaini there at all, he can't move the ball quick and if we can't score how are we supposed to rely on our defense to not concede at all, he's hardly rock solid himself, especially at a home game like that when wolves play everything on the ground.

Mourimnho's pragmatism will cost us then win us I am sure, it showed before

Web of Bissaka

Not worried about this guy. He plays with the right attitude, and the actual football abilities to back it up. Did fine last game, tried and made positive moves.

Matic and Herrera is out atm, and Fred is hot and cold. Mou shud give him more minutes next.

---Pogba---Pereira---
-------Fellaini---------

Canagel

He has a very strong mentality. Many players confidence would be shot if they were dropped the way Periera was. He doesn't seem fussed at all and just continues what he doing before. I like that.

He needs to play more, hes the second best passer in the team after Pogba. Playing both will help us create more chances going forward.

hungrywing

We should play him in an advanced position, none of these deep nonsense. He's out best in tight positions and will offer more there.
Reminds me of how SAF would throw out those '4/11' lineups and you could just imagine the opposition manager and coaching staff tearing up their match plans and pretending like they'd expected this all along and the opposition players looking all 'What now? We've trained for one particular 8/11 all week' and their manager being all 'just....don't let them score? uh, good luck.'

Really wish Mourinho would rotate more heavily. Send out an 'I don't care if I get questioned/sacked even if you lose, I believe you all have the quality' message like SAF did with those matchday squads.

yardieUnited

He has the talent to play on all the midfield positions, even on the wing positions.

Personally i want to see him develope into coutinho type of player.
Also why not use him on the right wing,he can hit the ball very well.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
How about we go get Neves?
why should we spend 100m on Neves, when we could develop our own player into a top player? he's probably a tad different player though, more of a atacking b2b capable to drop deep and run the play, sort of like Pogba. One thing I miss from Pereira is his goals but that's understandable conisdering the position he plays, we should let him go forward too if we can cover, he's capable of some coutinh-esque things..

Status
Not open for further replies.