5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

In Rainbows

What games ? He played 1.5 game against Leicester and Brighton, we won the first and got mugged in second. Good player but we need perspective so that when he plays we don't get surprised he's not meeting the ridiculous expectations we're putting for him.

This is exactly similar to Chong discussions after this Juve match. Desperation and thinking "he won't be worse than this and this" is the only reason we're talking about him playing or not.

He wasn't going to make any difference to the midfield and the outcome of the match so if you're depressed due to thinking this then rest assured.
I think it's important to realize where many of us get the sentiment that he should be given a chance. A lot of us don't believe he's going to be a game changer. A lot of us just believe the kid needs to be given a chance. That's not asking for much.

RedCurry

The longer he's out,the more overrated he becomes.
I think it’s more to do with the fact that he’s one of the best passers amongst our midfielders and the boy doesn’t hide in the game. He might have mistakes in him but he leaves everything on the pitch when he plays. He seems to be emotionally involved in the game contrary to some of our players who hide behind others and couldn’t give a feck.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Hope he leaves. He’s been treated really unfairly by Jose. Jose called him out last season for not being patient and going on loan and saying he’d get games here. Well, he performed really well on the loan, comes back and is basically frozen out after 1.5 appearances for the absolutely atrocious Matic.

I just don’t get Mourinho, 90% of our teams issues are created by him being stubborn as feck.

Kostov

The longer he's out,the more overrated he becomes.
While you might be right, you can't just let players play shit and keep starting them. It happened with Lukaku, now is happening with Matic. Bench them, I don't give a feck who plays, bring Garner from the U21 if we must. Don't award players for playing awful.

Renegade

Jose’s comments about having no choice but to play an unfit Fellaini must have hurt Fred & Andreas’ confidence big time.
Andreas Periera isn’t the answer but his performances were much better than The shite Matic is serving. He doesn’t deserve this exile from the team.

Last edited:
It's just sad - no one is overrating him. We just want him to be given a fair chance. We don't have much to lose at this point.

dabeast

Andreas Pereira should have played yesterday instead of Pogba. He has the potential to become Pirlo. SAF would have recognised this, as would have LVG. Mourinho, in sending him to Valencia last year and freezing him out this year, is responsible for us losing him and, worse, his career not achieving what it could have. Instead, he persists with Matic and Herrera.

I hope he doesn't do the same with Greenwood by persisting with Lukaku.

BlahRules

If we had him or Fred we would f had a player who can pass between the lines and believe that would have been more valuable than what the three midfielders produced or can ever dream to provide.

Rolaholic

Wouldn't blame him at all tbh. The manager threw a fit over him going out on loan to get game time yet can't be arsed to even name him to the bench when he's actually here and others playing his position are stinking up the place.

He'd be doing himself a favor,would just be a shame if he goes on to do well elsewhere after coming through our academy

PepsiCola

Wouldn't blame him at all tbh. The manager threw a fit over him going out on loan to get game time yet can't be arsed to even name him to the bench when he's actually here and others playing his position are stinking up the place.

He'd be doing himself a favor,would just be a shame if he goes on to do well elsewhere after coming through our academy
Good.

Far too gifted to be wasted the way he is.

Mcking

Some are not very good at recognizing potential. Saying that he didn't light up Valencia or that he has very few career apperances is a very weird and unreasonable way of seeing things. He's got the skillset needed to be a top midfielder. Matic, Herrera, Fellaini are nowhere near him for skill, flair and technique. To fufill his potential, he has to play and there's no better time to give him his chance than when the players ahead of him are mostly underperforming. He needs chances to show what he can do, and that's the problem here.

zenith

Let's be honest, he's never gonna get a chance to play over fellani. As long as fellani and matic are fit, they are automatic starters and pogba occupies the last slot.

Even if one is injured, there is Fred and Herrera as back up.

This guy has got to leave the club to make a proper name for himself

hungrywing

SAF used rotation not only for fitness ends and to toss the oppositions' often week-long preparations to the crows, but also to create an air of we're-all-in-this-together within the squad.

(Moyes was a fecking face-palm worthy idiot for not asking about how SAF and the coaching team broke down players' total minutes over the season. Never mind all the other things)

Pereira's looking like another casualty of Jose's innate insecurity.

Although Jose gets a modicum of leeway if it really is related to Pereria siding with Pogba during Jose vs Pogba.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Andreas Pereira should have played yesterday instead of Pogba. He has the potential to become Pirlo. SAF would have recognised this, as would have LVG. Mourinho, in sending him to Valencia last year and freezing him out this year, is responsible for us losing him and, worse, his career not achieving what it could have. Instead, he persists with Matic and Herrera.

I hope he doesn't do the same with Greenwood by persisting with Lukaku.
Maybe a 50 year old Pirlo

Prime Pirlo? No chance. Talk about overrated

Johan07

Some are not very good at recognizing potential. Saying that he didn't light up Valencia or that he has very few career apperances is a very weird and unreasonable way of seeing things. He's got the skillset needed to be a top midfielder. Matic, Herrera, Fellaini are nowhere near him for skill, flair and technique. To fufill his potential, he has to play and there's no better time to give him his chance than when the players ahead of him are mostly underperforming. He needs chances to show what he can do, and that's the problem here.
It is strange that we went into this season with two midfield-squad positions being filled by two young players: Pereira and McTominay. Especially since the plan never seems to have been to give them any real playing time. One squad place would have been enough if any, and the other could have gone on loan.
Especially McTominay needs to play and show if he really is a player. I am surprised that Mourinho kept Pereira around and then is preferring McTominay even for the odd place on the bench. McTominay should have been sent on loan to begin withh.
I dont know if this is due to try show that United still promotes youth, due to homegrown rules, stupid squad management and/or stupid youth management. It is probably a combination, but its not really a smart way of handling things.
Hopefully this will be remedied in the January window. There is absolutely no reason for Pereira and/or McTominay to be included in the squad from the evidence so far; if they are not going to play.
And this is just my opinion on the squad management. Personally I havent seen enough of either one of these youngsters to believe that they do merit a place in United going forward.
But they both at least deserve the opportunity to show it: at the club or on loan. This treatment does not benefit anyone. Not the players and not the club.

Bwuk

Personally think it's ridiculous that he isn't given more of a chance.

I'd be starting him with Pogba every game.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Imagine him, Pogba and Fred/Herrera. Fluid, strong, pace and guile in the midfield. Instead we get that shithouse Matic.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Pereira, Herrera and Fred should really be rotating between the two spots next to Pogba. See how the different combinations work and try to settle on a first choice combo, but with the other one (and Matic and Fellaini) still getting a decent amount of games. Maybe we'll end up needing Fellaini playing in that deeper role he was in for a couple of matches earlier in the season and did well, or Matic taking that spot back again if he gets his act together after being rested for a while, but those three should get the opportunity to stake a claim for first choice.

CM

One of the many reasons we need to change coach and reinvigorate our style. He has far too much talent to allow him to slip away while we dick around with a washed up Matic every week.

Suvvernmanc

Full time devils saying he is 'uninterested in signing a new contract'. Not sure on their source, i haven't looked too far into it.

After watching him through his academy years and his loan moves and i cannot believe he isnt getting minutes with us. As mentioned many times, Matic is stinking the place up and taking Freds minutes as well. Hope thing's change very soon as we'll end up losing other talents too.

luke511

A lot of people forget that he's been our standout performer for the last 4 pre seasons, and hasn't been rewarded at all for it. On this season's tour he bust a gut more than anyone else so his work rate can't be questioned, Mourinho is just being a dick as per. Who can blame him for wanting to leave.

CA1

I still have nightmares about Brighton tearing him apart to be honest.

He should get another chance but lets not pretend he's the next Scholes.

RedDevil@84

We don't defend as a team. Putting him in Matic's position will be a disaster. He can't do it alone.
We have seen so less of him, I am not even sure where his best game could be.

Canagel

Its over. He got himself into shap was our best player on tour and this is how you get treated.
I wish him well at his next club.

OL29

He should be patient, it's obviously part of Jose's long term plan to get the best out of him.

Last edited:

Johan07

We don't defend as a team. Putting him in Matic's position will be a disaster. He can't do it alone.
The Pereira issue is really confusing.
This is a player that came up up the ranks at United as an offensive midfielder, often playing on the wing. He was then farmed out on loan to La Liga for the two last seasons, where (at least for Valencia, Granada I dont really know) he also mainly was playing on the wing. Some games more like a #10. He struggled to claim a starting place for Valencia in either positions. But did OK.
But he never really played as a DM, and especially not as a more isolated lone #6.
Coming back to United this year, Mourinho suddenly played him as a #6 during the pre-season and even in the start of the season with that infamous Brighton-game to cup it off.
Playing as a #6 for one of the biggest clubs in the world in the toughest league in the world is not a cakewalk. Its arguably the most difficult position to play and its extremely seldom that a young player makes that position his own if he is not an extraordinary player. You dont put just anyone in there for United. Especially not someone that struggled to make it at RW at Valencia.
So one asks oneself why Mourinho did this. And why he completely has frozen Pereira out after that Brighton-game.
If I would be a Mourinho-hater or a conspiracy-theorist I could come up with some reasons as to why this even happened in the first place. But I am not, so I will stop at saying that this decision on how to handle Pereira does not reflect very well at Mourinho. At all.
And I am very unsure on Pereira being good enough for United. He is obviously not even close to compete for a DM position, I so dont get that....? But if you keep him in the squad he should be given a fair chance and not thrown to the wolves like this and then frozen out.
Of course I dont know if something has happened behind the scenes, but this is seriously one of the more confusing things with this season. And there is competition.

Mcking

I'm not imagining it, that midfield got run all over the shop by Brighton when we lost against them 3-2 the other month, simply not enough discipline between those 3.
Matic, Pogba, Fellaini were also run all over the shop by West Ham when we lost against them 3-1 the other month. So it's barely a case of lack of discipline.

luke511

I still have nightmares about Brighton tearing him apart to be honest.

He should get another chance but lets not pretend he's the next Scholes.
I'm not imagining it, that midfield got run all over the shop by Brighton when we lost against them 3-2 the other month, simply not enough discipline between those 3.
His future should be in a position similar to Coutinho's for Liverpool, he isn't a no.6 and the majority of the posters on here don't want him playing as a CDM either.

Status
Not open for further replies.