5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Needs to learn, Fernandinho did something similar today for the pen, but these mistakes as a young squad player will cost you in the end. I think he will be off in the summer, and he really doesnt take his chances when he needs to.

The Irish Connection

Feel bad for him. The pass from Jones was poor and it was bound to happen sometime the way we were taking risks with passing it out from the back. I think he has played his best football for us as a defensive mid/playmaker but his defensive awareness and tackling isn’t good enough probably. I’m making excuses for him and he probably won’t make it here now, but I think he would do well at Everton or somewhere similar.
Also, rashford missed an absolute sitter which probably would have set us up for a win.

pascell

Sell him and bring in Barella, we just can't wait for Pereira to come good, he just won't get the game time to do so either if Herrera signs a new deal.

El Jefe

:lol: to the posters who were adamant he was a better choice for the DM position than Matic. I've said it for the last 3 years that those who put him in their first 11's clearly haven't watched him.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Strikes me like he does unreal in training but the pressure gets to him in the real thing.

We cannot afford to take the risk in future games. Maybe bring him on to defend a lead or something.

I think Ole has to be ruthless like ferguson was. If the player is not good enough, whether its mental or lack of work ethic, you have to sell.

He's always good in pre season but he is struggling to make the step up to the PL. To be fair that tackle would be blown for a foul every time in Spain.

fallengt

I wonder where did the hype come from? Bought him as young prospect, never done anything spectacularly. Compare to the like of Morrison, Janujaj, James wilson, he was not even close...yet somehow some people thought Peirera wass going to be the next best thing.

Jesus either he's just bad or deep position is not for him

el3mel

:lol: to the posters who were adamant he was a better choice for the DM position than Matic. I've said it for the last 3 years that those who put him in their first 11's clearly haven't watched him.
It's funny people were telling us Matic will fall apart under pressure so we need technical players there for the mighty technical player Periera to do what everyone was expecting to happen to Matic. :lol:

Heinzesight

What I can’t take is that he’s an absolute fanny when it comes to tackling and always gets caught wrong side...it’s very poor and inexcusable.

In Rainbows

Would rather give his minutes go Gomes. Gomes just looks better technically, and more aware at the back. That's twice his awareness cost him by being too cute on the ball when the pressure was on. Once against Reading and now in this match.

mu4c_20le

It's funny people were telling us Matic will fall apart under pressure so we need technical players there for the mighty technical player Periera to do what everyone was expecting to happen to Matic. :lol:
I think they were joking, he is never a dm. Only jose played him there for god knows why.

RMD83

I still have yet to see anything that warrants the hype around him. Touted as the next coutinho! The only resemblance I’ve seen is he looks vaguely like him. Let’s hope he puts in a performance next time he’s picked (which won’t be soon I doubt).

Rossa

The more exotic Cleverley. Nice and tidy, quick feet and some decent passes, but he doesn't move us forward or offer much in attack, and he doesn't look to offer much defensively either. He can still learn and become a decent squad option, but I fear not much more than that. I wonder how Fred would have fared today.

MadMike

Jose also praised his performances in training.
He's probably a decent grafter in training but put him up against experienced pros and he looks awfully out of his depth.
You realise he’s up against experienced pros in training friendlies and exercises right. I mean sure it’s not a matchday level intensity but if he impressed it means he’s of the quality expected of him and his peers. A man who’s been 30 years in the game (Ole) wouldn’t praise him if he didn’t see something.

There could be various reasons why he hasn’t looked good in games. Ranging from lack confidence, experience, form... to simply bad luck and nerves. Hell, Fred who’s more experienced looks even worse.

He’s not looking good at all atm. Indisputable. But I can’t write him off yet personally.

tomaldinho1

Every manager he's played under has seen potential in him but because he had a poor game today means he's woeful. I see a lot of posters saying they've never seen much in him but that's impossible because we haven't seen any of him, just the fleeting cameo here and there and some loan moves. By no means do I think he's the next big thing but it's clear to me that he shouldn't be playing deep and that the fault of dropping two points today lies at Ole's door for that bizarre front three selection.

He is a young player who should be given more minutes and play as an AM or at the very least a CM who can roam a bit. For me there were others much more at fault today.

el3mel

Every manager he's played under has seen potential in him but because he had a poor game today means he's woeful. I see a lot of posters saying they've never seen much in him but that's impossible because we haven't seen any of him, just the fleeting cameo here and there and some loan moves. By no means do I think he's the next big thing but it's clear to me that he shouldn't be playing deep and that the fault of dropping two points today lies at Ole's door for that bizarre front three selection.

He is a young player who should be given more minutes and play as an AM or at the very least a CM who can roam a bit. For me there were others much more at fault today.
He's 23.

Kostov

What I can’t take is that he’s an absolute fanny when it comes to tackling and always gets caught wrong side...it’s very poor and inexcusable.
This is something that went on my tits. Every fecking time, he goes covering the wrong side, like an absolute pony. He disappointed me tonight, and I'm one of his bigger fans on here.

He's 23 years old.For his own sake he needs to move because I cant see him displacing any of the current first team midfielders.Also need to take into account we'll likely improve the midfield in the summer.
He needs to go.

Shinjch

I'm afraid he just isn't good enough. Doesn't offer anywhere near enough to be playing midfield for United

reddaz71

Ole sucking up to Woodward with the selection of Pereira tonight, can't be anything to do with football reasons thats for sure.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
When he inevitably leaves for good this time, he can't complain about not getting a chance. He's had his opportunities, never took them.

Castia

I want him to do well but he’s not looked good enough and today he cost us 2 points with his mistake.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Mistake aside, he was still rubbish. As for the mistake itself, Jones was just as culpable. I saw it coming seconds before, and was willing Jones not to make that pass. But of course, Jones has never been the smartest.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It goes without saying that he was very poor today, however I think the types of mistakes he's making are are attributable to nerves and not being up to match speed mentally - things that can only be remedied with game time.

When evaluating Pereira and even Fred, I think it's worth remembering where Victor Lindelöf was in the not very distant past. He looked like an absolute nervous wreck for months and had not just the Caf, but the likes of MOTD pundits coming out with lines to the effect of "I actually feel sorry for him because he's just obviously not of Premier League quality".

I'd imagine there are a few people earlier in the thread getting a bit over-excited from the few glimpses of quality Pereira has shown, but I'll take that all day over the "I told you so" brigade lining up to stick the boot in.

el3mel

Ok let's write him off then... first start in eternity and one bad game and he's out.
It's not just one bad game and you really know that.

The biggest problem is he's approaching his prime age and no one knows what's his best position or what's his best attributes. That's underwelming.

We can't keep giving chances to someone we don't even know what's his best position and keep fecking up the team to reach the solution of this 'mystery'. Chip him off and move on. We won't shed any tears on him tbh.

There's a very little chance a player at this age with no real position on the pitch to develop to a good player. No one knows where to play him, shite on the flank and shite in the midfield.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
A young player buys patience with potential. You've got to show glimpses of that potential. Fecked if I can remember the last thing he did that impressed me. I find it inexplicable for a young midfielder looking to impress to pull out of a 50/50 like he did in the first half. People saying Fred has been even worse are talking shite. Wildly inconsistent he may be but he shows flashes every time of what he's about. I don't even know what Andreas is. I know what some posters say he is, often in a deeply annoying, world-weary, patronising sighing type of delivery. But I don't see it. Away with him.

Ok let's write him off then... first start in eternity and one bad game and he's out.
There's a reason he hasn't started since the Reading game and that is because he isn't good enough to displace those players above him, and I dont think he will anytime soon for that matter.He needs to leave for his own sake.
He's 23 and he needs consistent football.Its that simple.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's fecking shit
He's always been fecking shit
He'll always be fecking shit

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He is not a centre midfielder. He is more like a Mata/ Coutinho player

Status
Not open for further replies.