5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josep Dowling

This lad has to be one of the most overrated United youngster I have ever seen in my life. Like seriously, our fans were treating him like the second coming of Ineista for some decent passes or some thing.

Chip him off for a relegation fodder in PL.
He’s not even that young, I could understand him making this many mistakes at 18/19 buts he’s 23 now. I’m not even seeing glimpses.

He was poor against Brighton. Gave away the free kick against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, was rubbish against Reading, gave away the first goal tonight. It’s a lot of individual errors for a central midfielder.

Lynty

Dallied on the ball.

Predictable and safe short range passes.

Never fully committed in physical battles.

Hides instead of taking ownership of phases of play.

He honestly looks like a fairly good fan, who’s been called up from the stands and is desperatly trying not to make a fool of himself.

It’s a shame. There’s a player in there somewhere (just like Janujaz) but it’s looks like he’s never going to meet his potential.

Lemansky

Ain’t good enough for the club at all. Should listen to offers in the summer.

dove

This.
He had his chance tonight and did not seem to want do anything with it.
He did not take any risks when on the ball.
He was weak bordering to scared in the duel-play, Burnleys midfield ate him up.
Shit happens, so I am not going to blame him for that Gerrard-slip too much. But again; looked scared and weak when put under some pressure.
He did not look like he wanted it tonight, and that is not an United-player.
Except when being on the edge of our own box :lol:

Mainoldo

Not that guy, but hopefully he has a good career wherever he goes. Like Isco he looks good.

Silas

Pereira in 12 games this season

Assists 0
Goals 0
Chances Created 0
Avg. Passes per Game 19
Duels Won 21
Duels Lost 34
Tackles 7

That is UNBELIEVABLY dreadful. Those stats say one thing - out of his depth
Well that's surely bollocks considering he created a fairly good chance for Mata just this game.

Stacks

Feel bad for him because whereas he is a crap player, that can happen to anyone but he is also a crap player who many want out so easy scapegoat. Did I mentioned he is pretty crap?

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Some players are betrayed by their numbers. I don't think Pereira is one of them.

I just don't understand what he brings to the table. He doesn't have the vision or passing range to be a playmaker, he cannot hold on to the ball under pressure or tackle or defend to be a central midfielder, he doesn't have the movement or finishing to be a number 10, he doesn't have the pace to be a winger, and he doesn't have the physicality for any of the above either. He has technique and can dribble a bit. That's about it.

I do not think he has a future here. Or at any top club, for that matter.

el3mel

He’s not even that young, I could understand him making this many mistakes at 18/19 buts he’s 23 now. I’m not even seeing glimpses.

He was poor against Brighton. Gave away the free kick against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, was rubbish against Reading, gave away the first goal tonight. It’s a lot of individual errors for a central midfielder.
I can't even think of a single thing this boy is good at. All he's doing is the kind of passes almost every midfielder will do anyway.

SteveW

Lot of snap reactions here. Horrible error obviously but other than that he was ok today, and you don't make decisions on footballers based on one mistake when they're 23.
He was awful and has been every time he's played this season.

I know you like following the young players but let's at least be honest.

MadMike

He’ll probably get a few more chances between now and end of season, partly due to Fellaini leaving and partly due to the busy schedule. Ole has praised him for his performances in training and he wouldn’t do that without reason.

However we can’t hide that he’s been very much underwhelming l on his first team appearances and needs to grab one of those chances or he will be moved on in the summer.

arthurka

Lot of snap reactions here. Horrible error obviously but other than that he was ok today, and you don't make decisions on footballers based on one mistake when they're 23.
Nothing to do with the feckup.. He has been given chances this season but hasnt grabbed any of them.. He is 23 and clearly not good enough .

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
It's time for us to let him go. He got some chances and in none of those game has he shown any potential to even be near United quality, and if we want to win the league or CL then we can't be sentimental because the lad is from our youth teams and been here for a long time. He is more suited for a middle team in La Liga...

And no its not because the situation before the first Burnley goal, even though he should do much batter and play it easy in that situation. The stats in the post above mine says it all.

Zoo

His best quality is his right foot. He may have a future as a right winger if we played 4-4-2 but we don’t.

simmee

Jones did not do him any favors with that pass, but he was average at best even if we exclude that mistake. Next opportunity should be given to Fred, if we need to rest Herrera. We would be better of playing Mata there instead of Pereira as well tbh.

Litch

Failed his audition and gonna struggle to get another opportunity this season.....

Kostur

海尔的老板
What is he supposed to be good at? He kept trying that long raking Scholes pass, but failed nearly every time. He looks piss weak as well.

I'd rather we played McTominay if we had to play either of them.
This is the thing for me with him. Idiotic mistake aside that set the tone of the game for the next 40 or so minutes, I genuinely don't know what his fortes are. Those quick direction changes that don't really move the ball forward? His passing is nothing special, neither are his dribbling, work rate, shooting, pace, vision, controlling the tempo, basically speaking I don't really know what it should be. To think the amount of abuse that was thrown at McTominay and Matić 'because Ander should get a chance', honestly baffling. It's like people wanted him to play purely because Mourinho refused to.

I don't think he will or should get discarded now, Ole's too good for that, but he genuinely needs to pick up his shit and decide if he wants to make it here or just look for a new club.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Feel like I've barely seen him play but a few posters have been raving about him. What is he good at?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Don't see his contract getting renewed at this rate

Frank Grimes

Not his fault he was picked, no game to come into when you haven't played in weeks. I said it long ago he is not good enough but this one is on Ole, bizarre decision to start him tonight in what was a massive game.

Paul778

Just don't get him at all.

Would have thought i would see some drive from him after the screw up but he was anonymous the whole game.

Yet to see anything to suggest he's got it to be in a top tier team. At 23, to me he's just a warm body blocking some of our actual youngsters from getting game time.

He’ll probably get a few more chances between now and end of season, partly due to Fellaini leaving and partly due to the busy schedule. Ole has praised him for his performances in training and he wouldn’t do that without reason.

However we can’t hide that he’s been very much underwhelming l on his first team appearances and needs to grab one of those chances or he will be moved on in the summer.
Jose also praised his performances in training.
He's probably a decent grafter in training but put him up against experienced pros and he looks awfully out of his depth.

Hercules

An honest reply, his worthy contribution was when he mistimed the tackle. Not United quality, I am never comfortable when he has the ball. Lingard is okay, AP isn't United quality.

SwedishFish

Hopefully, this was the last we've seen of him in a United shirt, absolutely pathetic performance tonight.

Contributed nothing at either end and lacked energy. He's been a "big talent" for about 6 years now and shown little to nothing that suggests he should be starting for a top side.

Is Fred injured or why did he not get the chance?

Devil may care

I really wanted him to do well and he was unfortunate to trip on the ball, not gonna hold that against him, but he was pretty much invisible and did nothing to stake a claim.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I have seen more poor games from him than impressive ones. Quite clear that we need improvement in the middle of the park.

ash_86

Not one time he has impressed me. We need to sell him before Fellaini.

Tibs

Should get more game time to show himself.

Today we were off the boil as a whole, unfair to judge him so harshly.

deafepl

He's got good technique and dribbling skills, which many members of this forum rate higher than anything else.
I think Reading of the games and positioning is underrated, he doesn't do that, he didn't read the game very well and poor in positioning.

Bobski

I don't see a CM in his game, he looks like a milquetoast No 10 masquerading as a midfielder. Played with no real intensity or urgency, maybe some nerves, but he is 23 not 19 and he looks a long way being capable of contributing for Utd.

mu4c_20le

He's got good technique and dribbling skills, which many members of this forum rate higher than anything else.
People wanted to see him given a chance. He did well in the reserves like januzaj, but was always loaned out and never given a proper run in the first team. I don't think he was over hyped, but I suppose his name was constantly brought up during those lvg and jose years when we sorely lacked creativity in the middle, with fellaini and mctominay constantly being starters, people just wanted something different and thought this kid could offer it. But I'm beginning to think that his style just isn't suited for this league. A move to France might be good to restart his career at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.