Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
I think he's suffered in his development due to our desire for him to be Carrick's replacement when he really isn't that player.

He has a great pass on him, good vision and a deadly set piece but his positioning is poor and he switches off too much to do a defensive role. We should try him further up as a #10, which he was in the reserves before, and see how he gets on for the rest of the season.
If anything, he might be the replacement for Mata.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I think he's suffered in his development due to our desire for him to be Carrick's replacement when he really isn't that player.

He has a great pass on him, good vision and a deadly set piece but his positioning is poor and he switches off too much to do a defensive role. We should try him further up as a #10, which he was in the reserves before, and see how he gets on for the rest of the season.
To be fair mate, when out on loan in recent years he’s played anywhere but that #6 position. They’ve thrown him out wide which probably isn’t that much better tbh.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So happy for him. You can tell hes desperate to make it at United. Brilliant goal.

Zoo

Ole agrees: “He's got loads of energy, drive, we maybe found a better position for him than as a number six, more of an eight or 10.”

Scholsey2004

Had a decent game today and scored a nice goal. He clearly benefits from being further forward. I'm still not entirely convinced but at least today he made his case which I'm not sure he has done in previous games.

Andersons Dietician

Apart from the goal and that 3 minute spell around the 2nd goal thought he was really quite poor, got dragged all over the shop and out of position and losingnthe ball or getting dragged in to a pin ball scenario. He was much better when he went to the 10 position but in that 3 it didn’t seem to work and McT wasn’t helping the issues.

Apart from the goal and that 3 minute spell around the 2nd goal thought he was really quite poor, got dragged all over the shop and out of position and losingnthe ball or getting dragged in to a pin ball scenario. He was much better when he went to the 10 position but in that 3 it didn’t seem to work and McT wasn’t helping the issues.
Ideally either Pereira or McTominay would be in one at a time learning from someone more established. We're doing well to win games with such inexperience playing together in the middle!

Andersons Dietician

Ideally either Pereira or McTominay would be in one at a time learning from someone more established. We're doing well to win games with such inexperience playing together in the middle!
To be honest Pereira isn’t really lacking that much experience, in this league maybe but he has been around for a while now and although I agree it would be better if one of Matic or Herrera were available to help him through, however he is getting to the point where he either sinks or swims if he hasn’t already passed it.

Loublaze

ATLien
I was so glad for him after he scored, he really needed that and you could tell it gave his confidence a massive boost. There was one passage of play where he brilliantly took two Southampton players out at once with one move and drove the ball forward, it got the fans off their seats! Other than that I still think there's room for improvement as he (and McTominay) largely struggled to control the midfield but Southampton came to play. Im excited to see how he builds from that performance as he's obviously a huge talent.

Canagel

he suffers from a seriois lack of confidence which is a shame because he clearly has ability.

Mr Smith

Real coming of age performance from him. Don't think he's going to be a regular starter for us but he'd make an able deputy to Pogba.

Ludens the Red

Technically it’s clear he’s very good but he seems too passive to me. Like games can just pass him by. Definitely needs some confidence.

Rolaholic

Good,he was never going to be a reliable DM/holding mid. His skill set is much more suited to moving forwards and creating in attack rather than protecting the backline

The goal was absolutely beautiful

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
His goal today was beautiful. He clearly has the technique and the ability just needs to impose himself

Charles Miller

he suffers from a seriois lack of confidence which is a shame because he clearly has ability.
Yep, he is lacking confidence in the moment. He scored that goal, got an assist, showed a beautiful skill in a counter attack, but when they scored the 2-2 he immediately started to miss passes again.

Fracture90

Sloppy at times with his passing, getting caught in possession trying those flips but scored a great goal and really helped in changing the game for us. Hopefully he can build on this performance .

Good, games pass him by in central midfield. He has undoubted talent so play him forward where he can drift in and out of the game a bit more, and pop up with nice passes and goals every now and then. I dont see him ever being a fixture in this team but he will be a useful squad player.

Red00012

Guess these next few games he’s playing for his future ..any update on a contract ?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Quite possible he's already signed a pre contract with another club.

Jacob

He will find it tough to find a spot in our 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 system unfortunately. He should be playing further up.

izec

The no 6 idea isnt bad in theory. He has the technique and passing abilities, unfortunately it goes against his instinct. He also is a liability position wise. Controlling the tempo is hard to aquire later in your career, you either have it or dont at some point. He looks better futher forward, since that is where he used to play

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I don't get why anyone ever thought he'd be a #6.
Possibly because he has shown an ability to pass the ball well, and has the ability to get himself out of a tight situation, but mostly they were pre season matches where the pressure is less than EPL. He certainly looks far better in a 10 role to me, and has that terrific shot on him. He would also be able to press as he is a hard worker. Would like to see him in that role against PSG, similar to Lingard v Spurs, with Rashford on left, Lukaku on right, but both of those cutting in, leaving space out wide for Dalot and Shaw. I'll stop there as I'm waffling on.

G-manc

Great goal but i thought he was poor again overall.

He offers little defensively but i accept that's not really his game. Less forgivable is the fact he gets caught/dispossessed far too frequently.

Water Melon

Andreas played as a winger for Valencia. Then he came back and was benched most of the season. Then he started as a no 6 and fecked it up big time. Now he is finally starting further up the pitch and scored a worldie. He will need some time to get on the same wavelength with the rest of the lads. My gut feeling is that he will leave come summer, although I am sure he is eager to stay and prove a point.

dutchred

at the end of the season if we had to make a choice between Mata and Andreas I would keep Andreas

Keefy18

Some of here has zero patience on young players. Same shit with Lingard, Shaw, Rashford, Lindelof etc all over again in this thread. This is Andreas's first proper season with the first team.
He's 23 in fairness and feels like he's around the club forever already.

It's high time he stepped up and was tested and sank or swam.

And yes I know players develop at different rates but the majority are usually established or at least making a significant impact by 23.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Agreed. I wrote the same in the McTominay thread, but the two of them together makes us look very suspect in midfield. Hopefully they can improve their partnership a bit, but right now they look a bit lost together
It’s hard to see him in midfield base, but seems like he’s alive when moved to in 10. I wish that we have another year to properly observe him.

Status
Not open for further replies.