Andreas Pereira image 15

Andreas Pereira Brazil flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I disagree, we could have gotten way better fees for a lot of players by selling them a year earlier instead of letting them rot on the bench for a half or full season.

I mean, Lingard is a great example. He's going for free and contributing next to nothing because our visionless manager wanted to keep instead of cashing 20-25 million.
Herrera was let go on a free as well. Could Martial have gotten an actual fee in the summer? Who knows. If Donny has no future he should've been going on loan in the summer to raise his value asap, etc, etc. Pogba leaving for free is is bizarre as well.

The big reason why we're the highest net spend in the last decade is because we don't sell properly, exceptions like Dan James aside.
I agree that letting go instead of handing out a new contract is better some times, but why put yourself in that position in the first place?
Let's not pretend like the Glazers hand the club unlimited transfer funds. If we'd sold better we'd have more money to spend.

ClubIncomingsSalesNet
Manchester United1.545470-1.075
Manchester City1.699715-984
Paris Saint-Germain1.445504-941
Barcelona1.630980-650
Arsenal1.029446-583
Juventus1.542981-561
AC Milan884452-432
Everton911482-429
Aston Villa701277-424
Chelsea1.6141.201-413
Barca getting nearly a double back what we have for their dross is pretty impressive. Neymar-tax aside, who the hell have they sold that went for big money? Can’t even think of any of the top of my head

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Barca getting nearly a double back what we have for their dross is pretty impressive. Neymar-tax aside, who the hell have they sold that went for big money? Can’t even think of any of the top of my head
Firpo for 15m is so damn impressive.

Coops73

Stories circulating that his transfer deal is going to collapse.
Coming from the Mirror according to the Sky sports gossip section and they seem to have a real hard on for us with negative news at the moment.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Keep seeing rumours that ETH would welcome him back if the deal falls through. Does that make sense to anyone?

foolsgold

I don't know, there's good fundamental skills and he's a hard working player.

It's difficult to judge players that have been so poorly coached and managed over the last couple of years, if ETH fancies him then I'm willing to trust him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Keep seeing rumours that ETH would welcome him back if the deal falls through. Does that make sense to anyone?
Negotiation tactic. No manager is going to say a player is shit and then try and sell them for millions. Someone will come in for him. I’m sure it’s his wages relative to his current ability that is the main problem. It’s a problem of our own making, yet again.

CallyRed

Can't believe he is still with us. If any club is looking for someone who has a decent preseason, he's your man.

lex talionis

A club that can McTominay on its books shouldn't look down its nose on Pereira.

It's probably going to take two full seasons of player transitions out and in to be able to compete for a PL title. Hopefully we bring in two midfielders this summer, but with Pogba (only 99% sure of that), Lingard (100% sure), Matic (100% sure) and Mata (100% sure) all leaving this summer, even if we bring in two midfielders we need to work with what we've got. I'm intrigued by Garner and I hope ETH brings him up, but we could use Pereira for depth.

led_scholes

Well someone has to get Matas and Lingard minute. If we are also in Conf or Europa, we know he can do it at this level at the earlier stages. Honestly, if we Flamengo only bids at around 5 million, I don't think anyone would care if we don't sell him. His contract ends next year, so I don't think anyone will offer much.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
He'll be like a new - and insanely underwhelming - signing.

Seriously, though - we can't agree terms with Flamengo, whose manager apparently wants him?

What sort of money are we talking about here?

Gandalf

Seriously, though - we can't agree terms with Flamengo, whose manager apparently wants him?

The issue is the fans don't want him because of the cup final mistake. He has been pretty decent for them but he could not have picked a worse game to drop a clanger in. His agent is supposedly shopping him to clubs in Europe and he does seem to be clear that his future is not at Old Trafford so we may be able to move him on if we are realistic about the fee.

diarm

There was reportedly an £8m deal agreed in January but it fell through.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The issue is the fans don't want him because of the cup final mistake.
But the (current) manager apparently rates him...it seems.

And (see above) the fee in question is relatively speaking pocket change anyway (8 mill).

Offer them...what, six mill then? To get him off our books. Surely better than bringing him back - unless we actually want to bring back an utterly mediocre 26 year old player.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Woodward probably tried to pull something last minute I'd imagine.
Yeah, who knows.

Five minutes worth of googling brings up at least one "story" that seems insane enough at first glance - something to do with Brazilian banks, or a particular Brazilian bank tied to Flamengo.

I can't be arsed to look further into it.

But the bottom line is - surely - that bringing back this player seems...odd.

Gandalf

But the (current) manager apparently rates him...it seems.
The manager does but the fans have apparently been quite vocal about not wanting him and the board have made it clear that they are going to listen to the fans and not the manager on this one so dropping the price is not the issue. I do think other clubs will be interested around the 5M mark. Andreas is not going to be good enough to play regularly for us but the reality is that he has played 200 senior games spread across the top leagues in England, Spain, Italy and Brazil and is more than good enough for a role with a mid tier side and he is also just 26 years old with no significant history of injuries nor are there any red flags about his attitude or commitment.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Here you go. Some issues with the fans but primarily due to cash flow problems at the club.

He hasn't returned yet actually, started their last game and scored but it is certain he will be returning. He is on his way back because

1. In the Libertadores final his sloppy pass gifted the winning goal to Palmeiras and so regardless of how he has played in other games the fans cannot forgive him. Very unfortunate as up to that point he had played really well and was popular enough but in the aftermath the fans turned on him and for a while his form suffered too although he seems to have come out of that now.
2. Flamengo have encountered some financial issues since initially agreeing to sign him permanently. The deal was supposedly around 8M which was less than the purchase clause in the contract but before it could go through they hit some cashflow issues and adding in the fans attitude they have decided not to finalize the move.

Edit, just noticed this article. Seems it is not quite dead but maybe only in a Monty Python kind of way

Flamengo manager reveals Andreas Pereira Manchester United transfer request - Manchester Evening News

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The manager does but the fans have apparently been quite vocal about not wanting him and the board have made it clear that they are going to listen to the fans and not the manager on this one so dropping the price is not the issue. I do think other clubs will be interested around the 5M mark. Andreas is not going to be good enough to play regularly for us but the reality is that he has played 200 senior games spread across the top leagues in England, Spain, Italy and Brazil and is more than good enough for a role with a mid tier side and he is also just 26 years old with no significant history of injuries nor are there any red flags about his attitude or commitment.
Aha - right.

That makes sense.

Given the circumstances, then - do you think it's possible to make a deal with another Brazilian (Rio?) club?

(I mean, he's already there - might be more feasible than a European club.)

Gandalf

Aha - right.

That makes sense.

Given the circumstances, then - do you think it's possible to make a deal with another Brazilian (Rio?) club?

(I mean, he's already there - might be more feasible than a European club.)
It is possible but the latest stories from his camp are that he prefers a move back to Europe and honestly there is not a lot of money in Brazilian football so even a 5M transfer fee would be a big deal to most clubs there.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
It is possible but the latest stories from his camp are that he prefers a move back to Europe and honestly there is not a lot of money in Brazilian football so even a 5M transfer fee would be a big deal to most clubs there.
Yeah, true.

I remember looking at average wages across the leagues a while back...I believe it was in relation to Rojo and a possible move for him back to Argentina. And - yeah - the discrepancy is insane.

crossy1686

career ending
Heh, yes - I'm aware of that .

But seriously - that can't be the reason.

A serious football club don't decide to sign or not sign a player based on that.
Not Brazil, but players have been kidnapped and shot in South America for just as much or less. I think it’s within everyone’s best interests in the club want to listen to the fans on this one.

Also, he can’t have many friends in the dressing room after that.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
So there are rumours online that ETH sees him as a part of the squad next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.