Andreas Pereira Brazil flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

He'll always have these goals, like that cracker against Southampton

OverratedOpinion

I know it’s preseason but that’s the best I’ve ever seen him play for Utd in midfield even despite the goal. But wow what a goal that is too, doubt we will score a better goal all season!
I agree, one of the first times I have seen him play where it actually looked like he knew his own strengths and played to them rather than doing a bad impression of totally different players.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Why cant he find a decent team to play regularly? He is 25 years old now and should not look at another loan. He is certainly good enough to play at a decent level

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I agree, one of the first times I have seen him play where it actually looked like he knew his own strengths and played to them rather than doing a bad impression of totally different players.
Funnily enough the way he played today is the exact profile of player we need to sign. Before anyone says it, no I don’t for one second think Periera can actually do this at first team level but that profile of player is needed.

NotQuiteManc

He always seems to have the techniques but not quite fast mentally, but at least in this game he was playing pretty decently and almost at the level when he was at Granada. Then again, he will always be the pre-season Pirlo. :keano:

Threesus

Andreas pereira during pre-season, Hugo holgebaum during the season.

James Peril

Holy shit that was hot, would pay good money for that goal to happen against Liverpool in the league next season. Without a doubt goal of the season before it’s even started :D

Oranges038

Great hit, I could watch that goal all day.

But he's just not good enough and has proven it time and time again. He really just needs to go.

Awwal Lawal

Funnily enough the way he played today is the exact profile of player we need to sign. Before anyone says it, no I don’t for one second think Periera can actually do this at first team level but that profile of player is needed.
@TrustInJanuzaj I quite agree with you on the profile of player we need in the midfield.

I had to watch the second goal a multiple times to be sure that it was Andreas at the start of the move.

The sequence from the long ball from the keeper and a cushioned Greenwood ball back into the midfield picked up by Andreas which led to a one - two touch with Mata was a thing of beauty.

Furthermore, that he followed the play at a respectable distance to be able to volley the ball into the net giving the Team a 2-1 lead was quite extraordinary.

Which current player fits the bill of this metronome and can chip in with the odd goal?

The closest answer is Modric, who currently is nearing the end of his career and the PL might be a tad to fast for him at his age

Reactions: Sultan

IhabX7

That's kind of better visually than the Scholes one v Villa if I'm honest.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What a ridiculously good goal that was.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
@TrustInJanuzaj I quite agree with you on the profile of player we need in the midfield.

I had to watch the second goal a multiple times to be sure that it was Andreas at the start of the move.

The sequence from the long ball from the keeper and a cushioned Greenwood ball back into the midfield picked up by Andreas which led to a one - two touch with Mata was a thing of beauty.

Furthermore, that he followed the play at a respectable distance to be able to volley the ball into the net giving the Team a 2-1 lead was quite extraordinary.

Which current player fits the bill of this metronome and can chip in with the odd goal?

The closest answer is Modric, who currently is nearing the end of his career and the PL might be a tad to fast for him at his age
I think Neves is basically exactly that.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
That strike was simply incredible. Does anyone know if a pre-season goal is eligible to win United's goals of the season? I'm guessing no but I don't know for sure.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Reminds me of Tom Huddlestone in the way that, come rain or shine, he always finds a way to score an absolute banger. Yet he never has the aura of a top, top player.

Marwood

It's a real shame he hasn't kicked on, I was sure he would make it as a kid. He's just lacking that extra 10%, be it his brain or body.

He seems to have lost his identity here as well. Plays nothing like he did in the youth set up. There he was confident, skilled, a difference maker. Comes into the first team and plays like a budget Nicky Butt.

Tonight was more the player I always expected but we know he can't carry that into the Prem when the speed and physicality picks up.

lsd

The Oracle
I remember watching him as a kid in the milk cup where he scored the winner then landed on his face trying to do a Nani celebration which in a way sums up his career at United.

He is clearly very talented works hard has so much technical ability yet he just can't seem to fully deliver consistently

Foxbatt

The problem is that in a competitive match he is not going to take that shot. He is a good technical player who can be a decent squad player.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The technique to hit a volley with such ferocious accuracy was incredible to witness. It's a pity it came in a preseason game because that goal would've been scored against any keeper in any game. Zinedine Zidane would be proud of such a fantastic strike.

Red_toad

I don’t get these loan moves. He has absolutely no future here. Just sell him.
Always sounds easy, but he earns more at United than he would elsewhere and then add a fee on top of that. So it'll be another loan until his contract expires.

wolvored

Hes scored these goals before, but not good enough regularly. Sell him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Insane goal.

Shame it got wasted in a preseason game. Would win goal of the season otherwise

TempusFugit

One of those players who you just wish could be consistent enough to contribute. He has the talent but it hasn't worked out for him so far.

Vanrouge

I remember him scoring direct from a corner once. And he meant it. Technically gifted player. He has plenty of the parts, so why can't he put them all together?

Nick7

I remember him scoring direct from a corner once. And he meant it. Technically gifted player. He has plenty of the parts, so why can't he put them all together?
Him and Januzaj got in trouble for having a game during a match trying to see who could score first directly from a corner.

NoPace

Always sounds easy, but he earns more at United than he would elsewhere and then add a fee on top of that. So it'll be another loan until his contract expires.
If the wages online are true, he'd only be in the 10-15 range for a team like Southampton, so if a team sees him as one of their 3 #8s (since you need 3 for 2 spots really) in a 4-3-3 (which is the only position I can imagine him in) it's not crazy to think he could move to a lower mid-table Prem side.

Status
Not open for further replies.