Andreas Pereira | Fulham player

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Never thought much of him at Man. United or his subsequent loan spells but he's been brilliant for Fulham. Exceptional delivery on set pieces so felt right tonight the winner was scored from his assist.

Think he's one of those who just thrives away from spotlight. Fulham have a decent chance of making 7th so could be a brilliant move for him.

criticalanalysis

I always thought he was talented and should have been kept at the club for someone like ETH. Yes, he may not have developed or be playing the way he has if he didn't have the regular game time he has at Fulham but then I look at the way ETH is seemingly reviving the careers of most of our players e.g getting a regular tune out of Fred, AWB (recent performances), Shaw, Dalot, Rashford etc. You would imagine ETH could have done with someone of Pereira's work ethic with his pressing, creative and technical ability off the bench.

I suppose for Pereira though, he probably didn't want that after being on the peripheral for long, which is fair and Utd got a fee after historically being terrible at it.

One thing I'm curious though, has he actually really improved this season or just has consistent minutes to do the good things more regularly? I've only seen snippets of Fulham's game and I still see him being hard working, capable in recycling possession, great crossing ability but sometimes a bit too excited/immature with his play with ball losses.

Last edited:

Wheato

Like many players, and you can count Lingard and Donny in this list, just not as good as Bruno, so wouldn't get any games because Bruno is a machine who never gets injured. And Erikson can slot into that role seamlessly. My only regret is that we practically gave him away for buttons.

meamth

I always thought he was talented and should have been kept at the club for someone like ETH. Yes, he may not have developed or be playing the way he has if he didn't have the regular game time he has at Fulham but then I look at the way ETH is seemingly reviving the careers of most of our players e.g getting a regular tune out of Fred, AWB (recent performances), Shaw, Dalot, Rashford etc. You would imagine ETH could have done with someone of Pereira's work ethic with his pressing, creative and technical ability off the bench.

I suppose for Pereira though, he probably didn't want that after being on the peripheral for long, which is fair and Utd got a fee after historically being terrible at it.

One thing I'm curious though, has he actually really improved this season or just has consistent minutes to do the good things more regularly? I've only seen snippets of Fulham's game and I still see him being hard working, capable in recycling possession, great crossing ability but sometimes a bit too excited/immature with his play with ball losses.
Probably he has fulfilled his potential as a PL level player, which is good. This is not surprising as he has managed to find a club that plays him regularly and trusts him.

Not many footballers can achieve that, our boy Andreas has handled his career well. He still can mature as a midfielder.

KetilOwren88

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-news-andreas-pereira-27127124

I remember the media suggesting that Pereira would get the chance by Ten Hag during the summer. It didn’t sound realistic, but it makes more sense now, and fair play to him for finally getting his career going. He had some terrible games for us, (who didn’t during the post Fergie era?), but the talent was always there, and I think it’s a good chance Ten Hag would make good use of him.

When that’s said, I still belive it was the right decision to sell him. Bruno is capable of playing almost every game, and the the guy is 27 now. Selling players with success will make it easier for us to move on players in the future aswell.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Wonder how many posters said he isn't PL quality, won't start for any PL club and he is a lower league quality.

Teja

Wonder how many posters said he isn't PL quality, won't start for any PL club and he is a lower league quality.
We managed half a season as a top six-ish team with him starting at #10.

On the other hand he was pretty average in Brazil and Flamengo didn't even want to pay 2-3m fee to sign him. Lazio never wanted him either.

Pretty neat that it worked out for him at Fulham. Good coaches can improve players.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The line-ups have him playing in a #10 role this season for Fulham. If that's accurate it doesn't surprise me that he's doing well.

People tend to forget it, but he did quite well for us the only time he actually got a run of games in a more attacking position in the first half of 19/20 (both at #10 and right wing). Not good enough to be a starter of course, but certainly enough to be a decent squad player. The rest of his time here he was always played in a deeper central midfield role where he was terrible, and people let that colour them to when he actually did do well.

It was actually one of the stupidest mistakes Ole made. Andreas did well in those attacking roles (far better than Lingard and Mata that season), but he had to be moved back into midfield for a couple of games when we had a lot of injuries and his bad performances there meant he somehow fell back behind Lingard and Mata in the pecking order for the more attacking roles.

NoPace

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-news-andreas-pereira-27127124

I remember the media suggesting that Pereira would get the chance by Ten Hag during the summer. It didn’t sound realistic, but it makes more sense now, and fair play to him for finally getting his career going. He had some terrible games for us, (who didn’t during the post Fergie era?), but the talent was always there, and I think it’s a good chance Ten Hag would make good use of him.

When that’s said, I still belive it was the right decision to sell him. Bruno is capable of playing almost every game, and the the guy is 27 now. Selling players with success will make it easier for us to move on players in the future aswell.
My guess is if a serious offer for Donnie had come in (say 20M from Italy), he might have stayed to be Bruno's backup.

TheRedHearted

[

He never had a chance under a proper manager here. We were also always in shambles.
The line-ups have him playing in a #10 role this season for Fulham. If that's accurate it doesn't surprise me that he's doing well.

People tend to forget it, but he did quite well for us the only time he actually got a run of games in a more attacking position in the first half of 19/20 (both at #10 and right wing). Not good enough to be a starter of course, but certainly enough to be a decent squad player. The rest of his time here he was always played in a deeper central midfield role where he was terrible, and people let that colour them to when he actually did do well.

It was actually one of the stupidest mistakes Ole made. Andreas did well in those attacking roles (far better than Lingard and Mata that season), but he had to be moved back into midfield for a couple of games when we had a lot of injuries and his bad performances there meant he somehow fell back behind Lingard and Mata in the pecking order for the more attacking roles.
it was just representative of how poor we were run, we were so imbalanced in midfield for many season. No real dms for so long.

now with casemiro it’s great but we need youngsters in thay position, someone ETH can mold and rest casemiro. I pray to god Erik sees the important of doing that is.

striker and DM are our two weakest positions, I do think Wan Bissaka will come good and if not and he’s sold Laird will get the backup chance.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Thought he was excellent last night and really glad he’s found his feet there, I’m sure he’s pleased he made the move.

He was (probably rightly) written off here but much like Rashford, was playing in a dysfunctional team with no direction. I’m sure under the current system/coaching he’d have performed better but it was the right move for all involved.

Donny should definitely look at this and consider his own career.

led_scholes

We managed half a season as a top six-ish team with him starting at #10.

On the other hand he was pretty average in Brazil and Flamengo didn't even want to pay 2-3m fee to sign him. Lazio never wanted him either.

Pretty neat that it worked out for him at Fulham. Good coaches can improve players.

Was he average in Brazil? I thought everyone rated him, but then made a mistake in the CL final, which made it difficult for the president to make an offer due to some hard core fans opposing it. But the staff wanted to buy him.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Was he average in Brazil? I thought everyone rated him, but then made a mistake in the CL final, which made it difficult for the president to make an offer due to some hard core fans opposing it. But the staff wanted to buy him.
It was the main reason: the CL final mistake and he did a similar mistake during season start at Flamengo. Even though he was rated by their manager, fans would never forgive him and was time to move on.

TsuWave

Blossomed into a good player. Core to Fulham being such a good side

marktan

Happy for him. He had a lot of promise with his loan spells in Spain and unfortunately struggled under various managers here.

He's still probably not good enough to be the starter at the 10 for a CL te, but he is very technical which is a massive asset for those middle of the pack teams. Kudos to the scouts at Fulham for seeing his promise.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Half of the Fulham highlights today were set pieces, he took each one and they were all dangerous. Nice open play assist near the end as well.

jem

Was never a fan but a small part of me wonders if he mightn’t have benefited from ETH’s coaching.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
He always looked a classy footballer, but he was shite for us. Kind of like Veron except Veron's problems were stylistic and Pereira's issues were more down to not being able to deal with the pressure.

What age is he now? It would be interesting to see him try and take the step up if he continues his upward trajectory at Fulham.

OleGunnar20

He'd have never kicked on for us, the pressure was clearly too much - he was the pre season Pirlo afterall.

Great to see him doing well though. He always seemed a nice fella.

Mas Risky

His assist for Fulham's second goal shows his maturity. He used to be a shoot-anytime-anywhere player. Last night he had a great chance to pick a spot because no Nottingham Forest player was anywhere near him to block, but he saw a more potential opportunity for Solomon to score a goal.

Fabio Rochemback

Regret that we didn't get more money for him, not letting him go. As well as he is doing, none of us would be hoping to sign him if he'd gone to Fulham from a club in Spain or whatever.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’m just frustrated he didn’t get more game time earlier in his career. Really pleased for him now.
Big problem for young players at big clubs. It’s all well and good keeping players at the club to train with the first team and learn tactics etc, but game time is king. Axel Tuanzebe is the perfect example of this. Injuries have played their part, but Tuanzebe is now 25 and has only played a double digit of appearances one season his entire career! That’s mental.

I also think about Iqbal being linked to Carrick’s Boro earlier in the season but the club vetoing it to give him more time to train with the first team. Great, but what good is it if he just doesn’t play?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Big problem for young players at big clubs. It’s all well and good keeping players at the club to train with the first team and learn tactics etc, but game time is king. Axel Tuanzebe is the perfect example of this. Injuries have played their part, but Tuanzebe is now 25 and has only played a double digit of appearances one season his entire career! That’s mental.

I also think about Iqbal being linked to Carrick’s Boro earlier in the season but the club vetoing it to give him more time to train with the first team. Great, but what good is it if he just doesn’t play?
Iqbal is still young enough. However, Elanga is in trouble.

Skills

Snitch

Big clubs hoarding talent, and then not developing it is a massive problem. It also stops smaller clubs being competitive, because talent is just being locked away in the reserves.

Honestly, the best thing the FA/UEFA/FIFA can do is to just massively cap the number of over 21 players a clubs allowed to keep on its books. A maximum of 19 players over the age of 21 allowed in your club and another 4 players you're allowed to loan out per season.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I’m just frustrated he didn’t get more game time earlier in his career. Really pleased for him now.
In period 20-24 years old, he's played 40 games in 19/20 season, and 23 in 18/19 season for us. In la Liga he played just 23 la Liga games in 17/18, and 37 games (out of which 35 La Liga games) in 16/17 season.

That's not small amount of games by any means. For us he's played more games than he's probably deserved because he was nowhere near good enough to be starter for United.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
In period 20-24 years old, he's played 40 games in 19/20 season, and 23 in 18/19 season for us. In la Liga he played just 23 la Liga games in 17/18, and 37 games (out of which 35 La Liga games) in 16/17 season.

That's not small amount of games by any means. For us he's played more games than he's probably deserved because he was nowhere near good enough to be starter for United.
That’s more than I thought. Just remember him never really being a first team regular. Must remember it wrongly.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He has all the talent but all he needed to play in his preferred position as a no10 and get as many games as possible. Having some brief good spells in Spain playing him off the flank helped him to get into men's footy but never allow him to play his game to his best.

Play Smalling as a RB too many seasosn and he will never get to his potential same with Pogba as a no6 and many players played out of position to acommodate other palyers for the sake of balance or player status.

I for one think he will become a great no10 and might later attract some other TOP 6 team to have a punt at him. He's got workrate and enough talent, now he's getting enough experienced and that is starting to show finally.

We would never know that but if he didn't waste too many years of his development in the academy and sideways loan spells and took a career path of the likes of Bruno he could become exactly the same level player..

Belisarius

Just checked the premier league stats on the BBC website and they have him fourth in the premier league with 6 assists. Just behind Eriksen. He's also got 2 goals. I haven't seen him play with Fulham but he seems to be doing very well. I'm happy for him. I always liked him.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Need to put a buy back clause for every academy player we plan to sell.

Big_Bro

He was frustrating most of the time for utd and his loan spells were awful. I never knew his best position.

I'm surprised and impressed with his turn around. Hope he goes on and signs for a bigger club.

Kag

Pereira had a range of good loans and played regularly during all of them. A quick check would tell you he’s played over 250 professional matches at the age of 27. Lack of games for our younger players has been an issue in the past, but not for Pereira. He was even given a really good go here until it became clear he was never going to be good enough.

I’m pleased Pereira is doing well; he’s clearly a good lad. The Fulham move has been good for all parties in the end.

ROFLUTION

Just checked the premier league stats on the BBC website and they have him fourth in the premier league with 6 assists. Just behind Eriksen. He's also got 2 goals. I haven't seen him play with Fulham but he seems to be doing very well. I'm happy for him. I always liked him.
he’s basically playing like Eriksen but for Fulham and in Bruno’s position. Last time I checked he was the second most creative player behind KdB with chances created. He’s had a massive season and he creates something of importance almost every game.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Need to put a buy back clause for every academy player we plan to sell.
Or just sell them for decent money in the first place with a sell on clause. Murtough fail

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

In the case of Iqbal, the staff must feel that staying at the training grounds is more beneficial to his development than going out on loan. I think we tend to forget that 95% of the players time with a football is spent on the training grounds, not on matchday.