Andreas Pereira | Fulham player

Abraxas

It was great business for Fulham. They had a good eye, because he was pretty terrible for us, and I don't think he tore up trees on his loans. Let's not rewrite history, for us he was a total nothing player and he did get opportunities so it wasn't a case that he was harshly dealt with. He scored a couple of goals in god knows how many appearences for an attacking player. His impact was not good either, he would give Donny a run for his money in doing nothing.

But its probably the fact he is given trust at PL level that has extracted motivation out of him. Also at Fulham the expectation really isn't that high. If you win, lose or draw at Fulham week to week who cares, as long as they survive it is good enough.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Some players just play better out of the spotlight too.

I do wonder whether their ego's at big clubs make them think they're better than they are? the likes of Lingard/Pereira bought into the hype.

Now they're playing more at their level they realise they had to change things.

Anyway, happy he's finally found somewhere he looks good and is playing well.

marktan

It was great business for Fulham. They had a good eye, because he was pretty terrible for us, and I don't think he tore up trees on his loans. Let's not rewrite history, for us he was a total nothing player and he did get opportunities so it wasn't a case that he was harshly dealt with. He scored a couple of goals in god knows how many appearences for an attacking player. His impact was not good either, he would give Donny a run for his money in doing nothing.

But its probably the fact he is given trust at PL level that has extracted motivation out of him. Also at Fulham the expectation really isn't that high. If you win, lose or draw at Fulham week to week who cares, as long as they survive it is good enough.
He was very good on his loans in La Liga, and was good at the Flamengo. For me the bigger surprise was just how poor he looked for us, because he showed much more in games against Barca and Real in La Liga. Probably a lot to do with nerves / not having a regular run of games in the team.

Malone_Post

Really pleased for the lad that he’s doing well. He didn’t quite have enough quality to make it at a club like United, but he always worked hard and seemed like a good kid. Found his level and is flourishing.

Elcabron

err what?
Oh i'm not questioning his ability - my post alludes that he's a talented player. What I'm saying is that talent has only developed to the level it has because he left United. And coming back could potentially lead to some regression due to massively reduced playing time and the different environmental pressures.
Exactly what I said in my post to which you replied "err what".

SinNombre

Do we have a sell-on clause on AP?

Some people still think Grealish isn't good enough for us. The United bench is a sacred place, right up there with the Bernabeu and San Siro.
Grealish is one of the biggest flops relative to price tag. If he was at United, he would have been scrutinized like Pogba. Wtf are you even talking about?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Some players just play better out of the spotlight too.

I do wonder whether their ego's at big clubs make them think they're better than they are? the likes of Lingard/Pereira bought into the hype.

Now they're playing more at their level they realise they had to change things.

Anyway, happy he's finally found somewhere he looks good and is playing well.
I do sort of agree with the second point, Pereira is obviously a talented player but perhaps not as talented as he thinks, same with Lingard, or maybe it's an attitude thing, I've played for United, my country etc and thinking that's it I've made it, instead of working to improve

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I do sort of agree with the second point, Pereira is obviously a talented player but perhaps not as talented as he thinks, same with Lingard, or maybe it's an attitude thing, I've played for United, my country etc and thinking that's it I've made it, instead of working to improve
Complacency was rife with our squad during that period. They all thought they were 'the shit'.

The lack of competition didn't help, they could be awful and still happily play the next games. The only time Lingard remotely looked at his best was when he got loaned away and had a point to prove, that's not a coincidence IMO.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Really pleased for the lad that he’s doing well. He didn’t quite have enough quality to make it at a club like United, but he always worked hard and seemed like a good kid. Found his level and is flourishing.
Agree with those sentiments.
Always thought he had tremendous abilities on the ball, but didn't have the abilities to manage games, always needed that extra second or so to make decisions, which he never got.
Pleased for the lad.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Watching Conor Gallagher freezing his nuts off on the bench, watching Chelsea drop points, reminded me of this lad. Plenty good enough to excel at a smaller club but just doesn’t hack it when challenging for a place in team with players who are all a big step up from his team mates at the loan club.

Being a big fish in a small pond is by far the best outcome for a player of their level. The difference between a fan favourite, playing the full 90 every week, and a bit part squad player who only ever gets a few minutes here and there, or an occasional cup run. Which, in turn, saps their confidence and makes them a worse player. Pereira at Fulham is the best outcome, for him and for United.

Last edited:

Abraxas

He was very good on his loans in La Liga, and was good at the Flamengo. For me the bigger surprise was just how poor he looked for us, because he showed much more in games against Barca and Real in La Liga. Probably a lot to do with nerves / not having a regular run of games in the team.
Was he? Nobody seemed that amazed by his loan performances from what I saw but I'll bow to your judgment if you saw something else because I only read summaries.

I'd suggest it's a lot to do with not having the requisite talent to play at Man Utd - he had opportunities, how many does a player need. Handling nerves is part of what you need to hack it here so it's neither here nor there as a reason.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Playing week after week makes a better player then being a sub 10 times each year.
Absolutely. Frequent game time + standards at a lower level = a much easier platform for players to excel and reach a level they can peak at.

Andreas Pereira (and like what, a good few hundred odd before him?) was obviously a talented player. He didn’t end up at Manchester United initially by accident. He just wasn’t quite good enough for us and the pressure that comes with performing here, but he’s levelled out into a PL talent. It’s worked out for everyone in the end.

Dan_F

That’s a generous way of describing his loans in Spain.

After 60 odd appearances for us, most were pretty stunned that we managed to shift him for 10 million in the summer. Of course in hindsight it’s looking like a good deal for Fulham, but sometimes it can be a good deal for all parties involved.

led_scholes

The £8-10m that Fulham paid for him is one of the bargains of the season.
I remember people saying we fleeced them. 10m and some percentage of profit I think it's fair price for most of our academy players who won't make it here bar the few odd runs. We should look to move Elanga for that amount.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I remember people saying we fleeced them. 10m and some percentage of profit I think it's fair price for most of our academy players who won't make it here bar the few odd runs. We should look to move Elanga for that amount.
Elanga needs to be loaned out and play a season elsewhere, it's a bit early to give up on him just yet

RuudTom83

The Manchester United shirt is a heavy one to carry…not all players are made to wear it.

Revaulx

Is really looking good at Fulham.

Makes some intelligent runs, brilliant on the ball and puts in a proper shift.
He’s always been very good on the ball (not sure I’d go as far as “brilliant”) and been a hard worker. The bolded is interesting though. His decision making was desperately poor at United and definitely seems to have improved since he’s been at Fulham.

Definitely could have been useful for us this season.
Only if the improvements to his game that have taken place while he’s been at Fulham were to have also occurred at United. Which is a big assumption. He might be finding it easier to learn stuff in a lower pressure environment.

Whatever. I’m very pleased for him.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The Manchester United shirt is a heavy one to carry…not all players are made to wear it.
Of course not but Elanga is 20 and has made 35 odd appearances the majority as a sub, he needs games to prove he's capable enough or not and he's not going to get them at United

Idxomer

Seems like he wasted a lot of his career playing in positions he isn't suited for. Now, he got the chance to play with the freedom he always needed on the pitch to express himself and not worry about losing the ball as much anymore.

Amarsdd

From pre-season Pirlo to now mid-table Pirlo! Well done to him!

mu4c_20le

Ran the show tonight. One moment I didn't like was when he was showboating against Azpilcueta. You never like to see seniors getting bullied.

CM

He's having a great season. Nice to see him doing well

slored1

Good game. Looks a decent player for Fulham, glad he found his level. He is a KDB-esque crosser of the ball, sublime delivery time and time again.

-Supreme-

Did we insert sell-on clause i.e. receive a percentage of any future sales? If not, we need to start doing it if we continue offloading our players for relatively low fees.

Elcabron

Only De bryune Eriksen and Saka have more assists than him this season and he plays for Fulham. If he keeps it up, he might earn a move to a Spurs or Villa type club.

As I said earlier in this thread, selling him for 10 and paying 40 for Donny was criminal.

devil99

Now that one of United's under performers is doing good and we playing better , we should be able to sell the players for a bit more like Liverpool or Chelsea