Andreas Pereira - SIGNED FOR FULHAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM

Good fee for him. Hopefully a few more follow

Trex

Gave it his best shot, not United quality but most footballers aren't...I look forward to seeing him perform at Fulham.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Fair price. We’ve probably picked up another couple of million for him from the likes of Lazio and Valencia on loan, plus them paying his wages while he was there, so I think he has turned out to be decent value overall. Could be up to 14/15m eventually with that all considered.

OleGunnar20

Great deal! Well done to whoever negotiated that one.

Good luck Andreas 'Pre Season Pirlo' Pereira. You did your best, scored some absolute screamers.

Red Royal

Thought this 26 year old 'youngster' was going to stay forever. Respect to him for taking on a new challenge and hope he can avoid relegation somehow. Score a winning screamer against Liverpool please!

TheRedHearted

Under the assumption we sign Frenkie and Eriksen.... I dunno. He's part of the 2nd 11 but realistically, if Frenkie is out, Fred probably comes in. If Bruno is out, Eriksen is 10, if Eriksen is out, Bruno is 10... He's not a top 2 choice in either of the positions he plays. The money he could bring in is far more valuable than what his actual role is
So if you’re thinking frenkie is out, fred comes in, assuming the second midfielder is Bruno, who is the second???? McTominay? No, Fred would be on the pitch wouldn’t he? If he isn’t the second midfielder, it’s DVB.
Basically most believe our starting midfield is Frenkie, Fred, Bruno.

who did you imagine the other midfielder would be with Frenkie and Bruno?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Surely this doesn't happen without us have another cm nailed on to come in...
We have Garner, Fred, McTominay, Van Der Beek, Eriksen, Bruno, Mejbri, he wasn't getting a game whatever happened.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So if you’re thinking frenkie is out, fred comes in, assuming the second midfielder is Bruno, who is the second???? McTominay? No, Fred would be on the pitch wouldn’t he? If he isn’t the second midfielder, it’s DVB.
Basically most believe our starting midfield is Frenkie, Fred, Bruno.

who did you imagine the other midfielder would be with Frenkie and Bruno?
Frenkie/Fred - mcTominay/Garner - Bruno/Eriksen

Is how I see it. Remains to be seen if Garner goes out on loan. But with Eriksen in... When is Van de Beek gonna play? I thought Ten Hag in, he'd get a much bigger role. Getting Eriksen basically kills that thought for me. Obviously some can play in multiple of those roles... But i just think VdB will get precious little minutes.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Surely this doesn't happen without us have another cm nailed on to come in...
I don't think that's particularly relevant in this case, I honestly can't even remember the last time Pereira made a fist team appearance, was it 2019..? :rolleyes:
We have actually done quite good business here, picked up a good few Million in loan fees, and hopefully now a permanent sale IRO £10M

Hopefully this, along with a few other smaller sales, allows Ten Hag to add another signing to his attainable targets.

Last edited:

Tallis

That’s an awesome fee for a player we haven’t wanted for a while. Great job. Let’s see if we can her another 10 each for Bailly, Telles and Williams.

NYAS

I hope he's successful at Fulham. He looked like he was going to be a very decent player for Flamengo, but he lost form towards the end of last season (in Brazil) and things unravelled a bit after the mistake in the Libertadores final lost Flamengo the trophy, and then he made another blunder in the derby v Vasco quite early the next season in the state championship. Never looked the same player.

Hopefully it works out for him.
Agreed, although he did have some better performances in the last few weeks. Between him and the Rodrigo Muniz signing, we can safely assume Marco Silva watches a lot of Flamengo!

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Frenkie/Fred - mcTominay/Garner - Bruno/Eriksen

Is how I see it. Remains to be seen if Garner goes out on loan. But with Eriksen in... When is Van de Beek gonna play? I thought Ten Hag in, he'd get a much bigger role. Getting Eriksen basically kills that thought for me. Obviously some can play in multiple of those roles... But i just think VdB will get precious little minutes.
We’ll need them all if we’re going to be competing in all competitions, will give us good squad depth aswell, Bruno, eriksen and van de beek can all play in similar positions, can all play deep aswell if need to. Plenty of options who all bring something different and can be used depending on who we’re playing.

Polar

Pereira is 100% United and I don’t think we’ve seen the best from him.

Would actually chosen Pereira on the pitch before VDB, but we paid £39m for VDB and sold Pereira for £9m :lol:

lex talionis

A good move for all parties. My only reservation is that we're keeping McTominay, who's clearly inferior to Pereira. The one aspect of McTominay's game that comes close to excellence is his long range shot. If he's got a good look from 25 yards he's a decent shout to force a save. And he scored a goal v City a few seasons ago from very long distance that Pereira could never hope to pull off. But otherwise Pereira is a vastly better footballer than McTominay, who doesn't defend well, doesn't pass well, doesn't dribble well and isn't really that much of a presence heading either in defense or attack.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
A good move for all parties. My only reservation is that we're keeping McTominay, who's clearly inferior to Pereira. The one aspect of McTominay's game that comes close to excellence is his long range shot. If he's got a good look from 25 yards he's a decent shout to force a save. And he scored a goal v City a few seasons ago from very long distance that Pereira could never hope to pull off. But otherwise Pereira is a vastly better footballer than McTominay, who doesn't defend well, doesn't pass well, doesn't dribble well and isn't really that much of a presence heading either in defense or attack.
Andreas’ long range shooting is better than McTominays.

There wasn’t even a keeper in the net for the City goal. Andreas has easily 10+ better goals including several from similar distance with an actual keeper in the goal. He doesn’t need to hope for empty nets.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Eh? McT is a thoroughly average player no arguments but he's clearly had a more positive impact at United. Andreas has never looked close to being part of the first team.

Last edited:

lex talionis

Eh? McT is a thoroughly average player no arguments but he's clearly had a more positive impact at United. Andreas has never looked close to being part of the first team.
It's a matter of opinion, but between the two Pereira looked more the part than McTominay. If that's not saying much, point well taken.

lex talionis

Andreas’ long range shooting is better than McTominays.

There wasn’t even a keeper in the net for the City goal. Andreas has easily 10+ better goals including several from similar distance with an actual keeper in the goal. He doesn’t need to hope for empty nets.
True, there was no keeper in the net but it was still a goal that McTominay has every right to tell his grandchildren about someday. It was no tap-in into an open net.

All that said, Pereira > McTominay all day long, but he didn't fit the British mold Ole was trying to create.

Stadjer

Wasnt good enough for Manchester United but he isnt without talent. Hope he does well for Fulham. Curious to see how he does. Good luck to him!

DevilRed

I’m still pinching myself that we are getting 12m for him.

We have definitely improved our dealings under the new regime.

Grande

True, there was no keeper in the net but it was still a goal that McTominay has every right to tell his grandchildren about someday. It was no tap-in into an open net.

All that said, Pereira > McTominay all day long, but he didn't fit the British mold Ole was trying to create.
Both Portugese Mourinho and Norwegian Solskjær had an easy choice as McTominay was much better at filling the kind of roles he could fill than Pereira was at his.

Murtaugh getting actual money for him now is a nice one in the bank.

lex talionis

Both Portugese Mourinho and Norwegian Solskjær had an easy choice as McTominay was much better at filling the kind of roles he could fill than Pereira was at his.

Murtaugh getting actual money for him now is a nice one in the bank.
True, José and Ole both preferred Scotty, but apart from the match against Leeds McTominay was shambolic under both managers.

pawanraj

I'm not a big fan of McTominay, but in so far as central midfield is concerned, he's better than Pereira. Pereira is a little more technical and creative. But in tackling, discipline, aerial ability, and positioning, McTominay is better.

I have my doubts about long-term viability of McTominay as anything more than a 4th choice midfielder at ManUtd. But I'd still take him over Pereira every time for a central midfield position.

DevilRed

I think we did sell Daniel James for 25mil (bought for 15mil). It is still a good deal for Pereira anyway.
Yes forgot about that one too. Decent bit of business.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we got a fee for bailly/jones if we manage to sign Martinez.

Elcabron

Pereira is 100% United and I don’t think we’ve seen the best from him.

Would actually chosen Pereira on the pitch before VDB, but we paid £39m for VDB and sold Pereira for £9m :lol:
Well said man.

The hate in here is disgraceful really. Pre season Pirlo and turd that won't flush etc. This forum has too many disrespectful group think, sheep mentality, 20 something year old mommy's basement dweller types.

He went to Brazil on loan (wasn't he born in Belgium?) and did very well. He is now moving to a team who will battle relegation and has never once disrespected United, cost us nothing and has more or less paid for our first signing. Yet he is called a turd on here.

Very talented footballer, only ever got a run for united when his midfield partners were Lingard and Mata, no wonder he struggled. I think he would do very well in Spain or Germany, PL perhaps a bit too physical for him.

Best of luck Andreas.

bringbackbebe

Well said man.

The hate in here is disgraceful really. Pre season Pirlo and turd that won't flush etc. This forum has too many disrespectful group think, sheep mentality, 20 something year old mommy's basement dweller types.

He went to Brazil on loan (wasn't he born in Belgium?) and did very well. He is now moving to a team who will battle relegation and has never once disrespected United, cost us nothing and has more or less paid for our first signing. Yet he is called a turd on here.

Very talented footballer, only ever got a run for united when his midfield partners were Lingard and Mata, no wonder he struggled. I think he would do very well in Spain or Germany, PL perhaps a bit too physical for him.

Best of luck Andreas.
Well said. This concept of "United quality" is something I do not get. The players who our fans think are United quality just think United isn't quality at all for them to bother with.

All the best to Pereira and thanks for his contributions over the last decade.

georgipep

Interestingly, no manager has preferred Andreas to McTominay

lex talionis

Those two managers didn’t exactly shine with brilliance at Old Trafford. José was a disaster. After a bright start, Ole ran us into the ground with McFred match after match and, as far as I know, has not been sought after by a single club in any league since his sacking.

georgipep

Those two managers didn’t exactly shine with brilliance at Old Trafford. José was a disaster. After a bright start, Ole ran us into the ground with McFred match after match and, as far as I know, has not been sought after by a single club in any league since his sacking.
And Pereira hasn't been sought after any big club as well, even if he played for Valencia and Lazio...

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
managers didn't quite prefer to keep the ball from what I remember. McT was lucky that base on his stature and try hard attitude at the beginning was the chosen one to run through brick walls. Andreas is way closer to Bruno, high risk player and despite his passing range his ball retention is not as good, so he can't really play in deeper positions, which was why MCT go his chance as well by dinosaur-pragmatic manager..

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Fair price. We’ve probably picked up another couple of million for him from the likes of Lazio and Valencia on loan, plus them paying his wages while he was there, so I think he has turned out to be decent value overall. Could be up to 14/15m eventually with that all considered.
Do you think they played anything other than his wages? Just curious because it could be fairly high for teams in their league...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Do you think they played anything other than his wages? Just curious because it could be fairly high for teams in their league...
Yes I do. Valencia and Lazio are not small clubs, and would expect to ordinarily pay for their loans.

georgipep

managers didn't quite prefer to keep the ball from what I remember. McT was lucky that base on his stature and try hard attitude at the beginning was the chosen one to run through brick walls. Andreas is way closer to Bruno, high risk player and despite his passing range his ball retention is not as good, so he can't really play in deeper positions, which was why MCT go his chance as well by dinosaur-pragmatic manager..
Then why is Pereira not being sought after possession based teams? Flamengo and Fulham are all he can attract?

Status
Not open for further replies.