Andreas Pereira - SIGNED FOR FULHAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

roseguy64

Well said man.

The hate in here is disgraceful really. Pre season Pirlo and turd that won't flush etc. This forum has too many disrespectful group think, sheep mentality, 20 something year old mommy's basement dweller types.

He went to Brazil on loan (wasn't he born in Belgium?) and did very well. He is now moving to a team who will battle relegation and has never once disrespected United, cost us nothing and has more or less paid for our first signing. Yet he is called a turd on here.

Very talented footballer, only ever got a run for united when his midfield partners were Lingard and Mata, no wonder he struggled. I think he would do very well in Spain or Germany, PL perhaps a bit too physical for him.

Best of luck Andreas.
This especially always troubles me on here and twitter. The people saying this would never say this to the player's face.

They just love hiding behind anonymous accounts to insult people and acting like they're superior.

lex talionis

And Pereira hasn't been sought after any big club as well, even if he played for Valencia and Lazio...
Quite true. No big club has sought the services of Andreas Pereira. However, I submit to you that it's extremely unlikely that any big club will ever seek the services of Scott McTominay.

TheRedHearted

Frenkie/Fred - mcTominay/Garner - Bruno/Eriksen

Is how I see it. Remains to be seen if Garner goes out on loan. But with Eriksen in... When is Van de Beek gonna play? I thought Ten Hag in, he'd get a much bigger role. Getting Eriksen basically kills that thought for me. Obviously some can play in multiple of those roles... But i just think VdB will get precious little minutes.
DVB is more in the ilk of Fred and McTominay. McTominay shouldn’t play in front of anyone.

georgipep

Quite true. No big club has sought the services of Andreas Pereira. However, I submit to you that it's extremely unlikely that any big club will ever seek the services of Scott McTominay.
I like Andreas but if I am to choose between the two, I'll take McT every day of the week. More reliable, better application of his skills within the context of his role, more willing to be a squad player. Pereira, unfortunately for us, just isn't good enough. And I think ETH has been asked if he wants to have a look before confirming he's ok with the sale.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
A good move for all parties. My only reservation is that we're keeping McTominay, who's clearly inferior to Pereira. The one aspect of McTominay's game that comes close to excellence is his long range shot. If he's got a good look from 25 yards he's a decent shout to force a save. And he scored a goal v City a few seasons ago from very long distance that Pereira could never hope to pull off. But otherwise Pereira is a vastly better footballer than McTominay, who doesn't defend well, doesn't pass well, doesn't dribble well and isn't really that much of a presence heading either in defense or attack.
I'm a long way from a McTominay fan, but he's been comfortably better in central midfield than Pereira has been for us (not counting pre-season).

The only time Pereira has looked good enough to even take a squad role for us was when we were playing him at #10 or (to a lesser extent) right wing in the first half of 19/20. It was quite obvious that same season that any time Ole pushed him deeper into a central midfield role his form plummeted and he was terrible.

lex talionis

I like Andreas but if I am to choose between the two, I'll take McT every day of the week. More reliable, better application of his skills within the context of his role, more willing to be a squad player. Pereira, unfortunately for us, just isn't good enough. And I think ETH has been asked if he wants to have a look before confirming he's ok with the sale.
But what could McTominay's "role" ever be? At least with Pereira one can envision a midfield role that he could serve in, albeit not at a club that aspires to lift PL and CL trophies. But for what must by now 150+ McTominay appearances we cannot say that he's a serviceable DCM, B2B, ACM or winger. Were he a commanding presence in the box on crosses, as Fellaini once was, we'd have that. But McTominay can't pass or dribble, he can't defend and apart from a decent long-range shot isn't much of a threat on goal or a threat to create a chance.

Mmm-Qatarian

Wish Pereira all the best of luck at Fulham. He wasn't good enough but he had a seemingly great attitude and couldn't ever be accused of lacking in effort and dedication to the club.

Abraxas

But what could McTominay's "role" ever be? At least with Pereira one can envision a midfield role that he could serve in, albeit not at a club that aspires to lift PL and CL trophies. But for what must by now 150+ McTominay appearances we cannot say that he's a serviceable DCM, B2B, ACM or winger. Were he a commanding presence in the box on crosses, as Fellaini once was, we'd have that. But McTominay can't pass or dribble, he can't defend and apart from a decent long-range shot isn't much of a threat on goal or a threat to create a chance.
What is this role that you envision Pereira serving in?

He was nowhere near productive enough to play an attacking role and too slow in thought to play deeper, he was horrendous there. I'd say the jury is out on what kind of PL player Pereira can be even for Fulham. Hopefully he can do that because ultimately he's a club product and it does us favours if they make a good career.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can't believe we've shifted him for a decent fee.

Zoo

Good luck to him. Guaranteed to score a worldie against us.

HookedOnAPhelan

Good fecking riddance
Why the animosity though? It's not as if he was ever unprofessional, or a cnut, or have I missed something?

He just joins a long list of players who ultimately weren't good enough for United, which is fair. Got a decent fee for him too. Good luck to him.

I Am Zlatan

Good business from the club!
The business we’ve done so far (Malacia and Pereira) seems good!

Idxomer

Why the animosity though? It's not as if he was ever unprofessional, or a cnut, or have I missed something?

He just joins a long list of players who ultimately weren't good enough for United, which is fair. Got a decent fee for him too. Good luck to him.
And he never once stayed at the club just to collect his wages, he kept going on loan to play.

Mainoldo

United fans are still undecided on what to hate after the Ole era.

ArjenIsM3

Why the animosity though? It's not as if he was ever unprofessional, or have I missed something?

Don't get it either. Apart from not being as good as we'd hoped he's not done anything wrong has he? In the end we got a decent fee for him which has basically paid for the Malacia transfer. Good business from the club. All the best to him.

siw2007

The lad had some talent, but he just didn’t improve how we had hoped.

All things considered, that’s a great fee we have got in for him.

tidraKS

I had the highest hopes from any youngster on him, he looked as a Coutinho type of player and I remember he played so good in a U-20 world cup. Too bad he turned out not that good. Wish him all the best.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Feels like animosity is all some know on here.

Revaulx

I think people are annoyed at the fact that post-SAF we've had an increasingly long list of players that in addition to not having been good enough have also been held onto for far too long.

It's rarely the players' fault though, so it shouldn't be used as an excuse for animosity.

IRN-BRUno

Good luck to him. Wasn't really good enough for us but I think he has the potential to be a solid player for Fulham. Never moaned when he was out of the side, was happy to go on loan in several countries so not sure why some seem to dislike him.

DevilRed

13m for preseason pirlo :lol:

Never would I have thought we could have got a fee for him, let alone for 13m.

Well done Don Murtough.

buchansleftleg

When he scores the inevitable worldie dipping long range shot against us I'll smile and swear and applaud the lad.

What a shame we couldn't find a place for a young player who tried to keep hold of the ball as we've sat through the terrible kick and run football over the last few years.

Should have been a valuable back up squad player if we'd had a clue about playing better football. Good luck Andreas...Fulham are a great little club and I wish him every success.

Superunknown

This works for everyone. We get a decent fee, Andreas gets to play regular football, and Fulham get a decent player. I liked him, but it never seemed to be 'his time'. One of these players that you think will do well next season, but that day just doesn't seem to come. He's a little older than I remember, too. If we're being truthful, maybe this is the sort of thing that should have happened two or maybe even three years ago. It's good that he's done this and hopefully he gets to play regular football.

Status
Not open for further replies.