Andreas Pereira | Valencia loan watch

haram

Why are people upset with this? It's better if he plays regularly.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Problem I see with this is that no matter how well he does what is his route in to the team next season?
A lot can happen in a year, to be fair. He is still very young, while Mata and Fellaini aren't. Carrick will retire. Rashford or Martial might take Zlatan's place up top.

cyberman

@P-Nut0712
Utd having a fantastic midfield that Pererira can't break into wouldn't be seen as a problem.
I hope our play is at such a level that he can't get a game with us tbh.

iKnowNothing

I'd have preferred a PL loan but maybe he'll get more minutes there.
This. First team football in the PL would've been better than Valencia. Hopefully the emphasis on the January clause means that we might bring him back should we hit an injury crisis or if we're in the mix for all trophies and cups come January.

el3mel

Why are people so annoyed ? We have 5 midfielders available in the club atm. If I was him I would have taken the loan option every time. Will play more regularly, with a far, far better team than Granada, instead of just playing the domestic cups games because Herrera and Fellaini are above him the picking order, if you were him what would you choose ?

We're playing mostly 2 midfielders these days with Pogba the offensive one, that means Periera chance to break even in the bench won't be that easy.

He took the good decision from him. I'm sure the club and Mourinho wanted him to stay but he chose what's better for him and that's definitely to play more regularly.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Well in an ideal world he'd have stayed and gotten plenty of minutes to prove himself. Not sure that looks possible this year. Should be some more space next areas so hopefully he improves even further in a better team than Granada. Too much quality to hold him back just to use him in the odd cup game.

Trophy Room

He's an above average player, at best a squad player at United. This is probably the beginning of the end for him here. He'll have a decent career but he'll never get the game time at United to maximise whatever talent he does possess.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Next year Carrick will probably retire and Fellaini will be 30 by the time he returns (31 in November of the same year) I think it's a good move. If he can break into a team as good as Valencia's at his age then he'll have a future with us, no doubt about it.

Solo Toure

Good luck to him, would have preferred a move inside the Premier League but the lad needs playing time.

If needed the alleged return clause can be activated in January. Next year has to be the season he breaks into the squad though.

Friction

I wish he could have stayed and fought for a place. Personally, I think Andreas is more well-rounded and a better footballer than Fellaini, but they have different playstyles and purposes. Hopefully he signed a new contract before going out again, otherwise I fear we will lose him.

el3mel

Wait, we even have an option to call him back in January ? and people are so annoyed ? :lol:

Tiber

The right decision. Sadly it didnt look like he would get a load of games here

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Needs playing time so good for him. EPL would be preferred but it is what it is.

Likely takes Carrick's/Mata's spot next year if one or both leave at the end of the season (retirement / possible Griezmann addition which wouldn't leave enough room for Mata to get sufficient playing time).

Don't have a problem with this move.

Mr Smith

There was talk of an option to return in January if necessary, does anyone know if that was included in the loan deal?

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Good move for him. As much as I'd love to see him succeed here, I think a club like Valencia is going to be his level in the long run.

the hea

If he can cement his place as a regular starter in the first eleven this is a good move for him. Playing as a regular starter for Valencia will be a big step up from his last season at Granada and he will get more chances to show his attacking skills.

With Carrick and maybe Fellaini gone next season he could get his chance then. Still I'm a bit disappointed as I was looking forward to seeing him in the red shirt this season.

Castia

Good luck to him, I think next season will be better with Carrick retiring he could get a spot in the squad.

Laurentiu amt

There was talk of an option to return in January if necessary, does anyone know if that was included in the loan deal?
Question is. If he plays week in week out in the first part of the season, would he want to come back and warm the bench at OT?

el3mel

Question is. If he plays week in week out in the first part of the season, would he want to come back and warm the bench at OT?
If we called him back it'll be for an urgent reason like an injury crisis or something like that. Hopefully not!

izec

He will have a lot of competition at Valencia. Parejo, Kondogbia, Soler, Maksimovic in central midfield, Mina, Orellana and Guedes on the wing.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Again, bad decision. We have 6 attacking players available and we're playing 4-2-3-1. Doesn't anybody know how to count? This means an injury and a suspension away of being forced to change system.

R'hllor

Well look at that. Not sure he will see many minutes there.

Android1974

Mourinho shouldn't have allowed it, even if the player stated his intention to go. Team interests are ahead of player's.

fallengt

Isn't Valencia's owner an United fan? Hope he instructs manager to give Pereira first team, otherwise this doesn't make any sense

Last edited:

Sigma

Isn't Valencia's owner a United fan? Hope he instructs manager to give Pereira first team, otherwise this doesn't make any sense
Yeah, Peter Lim, also owns a stake in Salford City I think.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Again, bad decision. We have 6 attacking players available and we're playing 4-2-3-1. Doesn't anybody know how to count? This means an injury and a suspension away of being forced to change system.
Lukaku, Martial, Rashford, Mkhi, Mata, Lingard, Fellaini, Herrera, Young, Valencia can all play attacking positions at a push, Pogba too, and Zlatan will be in the mix at some point. We'd get by.
Isn't Valencia's owner a United fan? Hope he instructs manager to give Pereira first team, otherwise this doesn't make any sense
He is, also part owns(or used to) Salford with the Nevs and co.

EDIT: I think he had something to do with that Hotel Football thing too, at one point or another.

foolsgold

The boy needs to play football. It's a decent team in a top league.

Better for his development there than somewhere like Swansea or Newcastle.

izec

The boy needs to play football. It's a decent team in a top league.

Better for his development there than somewhere like Swansea or Newcastle.
It would have been better to see him at Swansea or Palace or Bournemouth than Valencia. We know he can cut it in La Liga, i would rather see him in the PL week in week out

Devil may care

I was looking forward to seeing him get soem games in the cups, oh well, hope he gets plenty of minutes at Valencia.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He will have a lot of competition at Valencia. Parejo, Kondogbia, Soler, Maksimovic in central midfield, Mina, Orellana and Guedes on the wing.
I'm guessing a Parejo, Kondogbia, Soler midfield three with Guedes and Andreas flanking Zaza. Mina, Maksimovic and Orellana aren't starters.

foolsgold

It would have been better to see him at Swansea or Palace or Bournemouth than Valencia. We know he can cut it in La Liga, i would rather see him in the PL week in week out
He's not going to learn anything in a relegation dogfight. Better in a good team, pushing for a european spot in spain

Martial

3-4m was rumoured.
That's according to PhilipdeBullshitter. Ignore him.
According to a Spanish source. Loan fee of 3-4m euros plus an option to call back in January.
Phil de Brun was correct then, despite the same naysayers, again..

He was the first Journalist allowed to interview Lukaku as a Red before he was even announced as a United player, even before the clubs own channel. Obvious to anyone he has some contacts.

Last edited:

OldTrevil

Hope he does well there, I'll keep an eye on Valencia whenever I can.

Android1974

Lukaku, Martial, Rashford, Mkhi, Mata, Lingard, Fellaini, Herrera, Young, Valencia can all play attacking positions at a push, Pogba too, and Zlatan will be in the mix at some point. We'd get by.
Sure, most of them could play goalkeeper if we asked them. And lot of people here want to play Pogba as #10, like we did against Liverpool away in a very defensive display. Fellaini also as #10 is a plan b when not scoring, not a proper way to start a match, really. Herrera? Young and Valencia as wingers the least said the better. Zlatan's injured and not coming back soon. The season could be ruined by then.

In sum, like I said, when we get two injuries and a suspension, something which is pretty normal, we'll suddenly feature a Frankenstein 4-2-3-1 or be forced to revert to 4-3-3. I want us to play attacking football. But, counting the injured, we have 7 attacking players and 11 defenders for the same 4 positions.