Andy "Big Baby" Robertson

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Robertson is a baby/rat and I’m glad that it’s finally getting more attention.
Big baby is probably the only player in the premier league currently who I think comes across as a blatant and obvious bellend, to me.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Looks like we are most in agreement that the little gobshite deserved it.

Probably should have been harder. Maybe he would think twice about mouthing off.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Probably should have been harder. Maybe he would think twice about mouthing off.
Send people off for over aggressive protests, until referees have the courage to do that, it will just continue.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

What? No. Send him off if he overstepped the line. Officials elbowing players in the face is absurd and they’re right to suspend the guy.

bosskeano

you can't really prove intent and that action wouldn't have taken place if robertson wouldn't have grabbed his arm....the motion to remove his arm from the grip is fuking normal especially b/c a player shouldn't be grabbing a ref for all the ref knew is that it was a fan coming up from behind

Oranges038

Send people off for over aggressive protests, until referees have the courage to do that, it will just continue.
It's the only way.

Book them for dissent, if they do it a second time, give them another yellow.

If they run over and get all up in the officials face, straight red.

It would put a stop to it in a couple of weeks.

Deco10Legend

Supports
Fc Porto
He is a referee, he can't behave like that, no matter how much of a baby Robertson is. Just report to the main referee and get Robertson sent off if he was disrespectful.

You don't expect a policemen to start swinging if someone is disrespectful, do you?

Referees should set an example, not promote even more shitty behaviour.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
As much as I dislike Robertson the reaction of the linesman in this incident is bang out of order. I can’t understand people defending the linesman on this. They are protected enough and beyond reproach so to suggest they can now go about throwing elbows at players is insane

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
He is a referee, he can't behave like that, no matter how much of a baby Robertson is. Just report to the main referee and get Robertson sent off if he was disrespectful.

You don't expect a policemen to start swinging if someone is disrespectful, do you?

Erm…..quite possibly

Lecland07

Mountain out of a molehill.

The referee shrugs him off. The only reason Robertson gets elbowed is because he is getting so close, so the fault is with him for invading personal space. The referee doesn't look back and shrugs off the arm. I would say Robertson should be sent off for connecting his chin with the linesman's elbow more than the opposite.

Also, will people stop saying he elbowed him in the throat. Robertson holds his chin - learn your anatomy.

carty

Supports
liverpool
Imagine if the referee stuck his elbow in the face of Bruno the theatrics would have been great viewing.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Why does everything have to be overblown. I've seen people say if the linesman did that on the street the police would be called and he'd be arrested. No he wouldn't :lol: If you called the police over that then you'd be wasting their time. Get a grip and move on. Draw a line in the sand and start implementing a no confrontation rule towards officials. Only captains can come over to speak. Imagine how refreshing the game would be if we had 11 Kantes on the pitch just getting on with it.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Imagine if the referee stuck his elbow in the face of Bruno the theatrics would have been great viewing.
It was great viewing watching Keano rip into big baby

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion

I'd expect a lot worse.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Not to defend the scouse cnut cus that's so relevant. But an official cant bloody snap elbow anyone in the face. Never seen anything like it
If he'd snap elbowed him in the face Robertson would have either been on the floor or running after him in a rage.

Without the drama queen glasses on, it was a nothing incident. Nothing happened. No one got assaulted and no one got hurt, and if Robertson hadn't belatedly decided to kick off about it, no one would have made anything of it.

If the linesman had floored him or even actually mildly assaulted him, fair enough, but I don't get it. It was literally nothing. Last thing we need is footballers deploying the same childish extreme drama queen tactics they do on each other to the match officials. The way players behave on a football pitch has become embarrassing enough as it is.

Pace Abuser

If I put my hands on a copper, I would expect physical repercussions that make what that lino did very mild.

TheLiverBird

No issues seeing Robbo banned personally

I don’t see where the ref is in the wrong??? It’s on camera and from what I can see….so visible that Robbo held the refs arm back, obviously wanting a word, and the ref lifts his arm too suggest “piss off, don’t touch me” in a perfectly normal fashion

Its hardly crime of the century but I’m sick of seeing these conversations about “man handling” or just in general, touching the refs.

Keep it simple, don’t touch, start spraying yellows or reds left right and centre, the message will soon been learned.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The fact that Robertson made a big deal about this shows what kind of character he is. It's like the equivalent of an entitled douche getting the waiter sacked cause they split their drink when serving them.

Not that it will bother him in the slightest. He's just a massive rat cnut.
At Wycombe a few seasons ago a boozed up moron got used to spending all games screaming abuse at players from the comfort of the stand.
He saw one of our players at the local Tesco after a defeat and thought he'd abuse him from a few metres away.

Got a well deserved butt in the face.
Then was crying over socials about it.

It's that.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
What? No. Send him off if he overstepped the line. Officials elbowing players in the face is absurd and they’re right to suspend the guy.
Was clearly just shrugging him off and happened to hit him in the face. Fact is, would not have happened if he hadn’t run up to protest in the first place. Players should know by now that protesting is fruitless yet they still give officials verbal tirades. This wasn’t an assault like some people are trying to make it out to be.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Was clearly just shrugging him off and happened to hit him in the face. Fact is, would not have happened if he hadn’t run up to protest in the first place. Players should know by now that protesting is fruitless yet they still give officials verbal tirades. This wasn’t an assault like some people are trying to make it out to be.
That’s the most aggressive shrug off I’ve ever seen then. Big baby was clearly moving to him aggressively but he’s an official, you send him off and ban him for several matches if he’s overstepped the boundaries. You don’t shove an elbow in his face.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
:lol:

He knows exactly what he's doing there. He is baiting the laugh out of them with that last "baby". So good :lol:
Yep he knew exactly what he was doing. Honestly, Keane must be protected at all costs. He’s an absolute gem of a pundit :lol:

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Imagine if he stuck his elbow near Gakpo and failed to make contact. Gakpo still would've thrown himself to the ground.

carty

Supports
liverpool
Ironic the guy who spat his dummy out and left the world cup squad calling out Robertson . It takes one to know one
Fair play to Robertson he didnt roll around on the floor like some players would

Tyrion

They tried that at the start of the season and gave up like they normally do with their annual initiatives. I agree though they need to start it and keep at it. Whether the refs make mistakes or not is irrelevant, them being crowded doesn't change that. Fans don't get to invade the pitch if their team is trash so players can't crowd the ref if there's a mistake.

He didn't do it deliberately imo. Robertson grabbed his arm and the linesman tried to shrug it off and caught Robertson in the chin. If players keep crowding refs, they can't complain if the ref makes contact. That's what happens if you're inches from someone.

you can't really prove intent and that action wouldn't have taken place if robertson wouldn't have grabbed his arm....the motion to remove his arm from the grip is fuking normal especially b/c a player shouldn't be grabbing a ref for all the ref knew is that it was a fan coming up from behind
This is what I think happened. The linesman has no reason to do it deliberately so I don't understand how no-one else seems to have considered he was trying to brush off Robertson.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Ironic the guy who spat his dummy out and left the world cup squad calling out Robertson . It takes one to know one
Fair play to Robertson he didnt roll around on the floor like some players would
Keane confronted Mick Mccarthy about the shithole facilities at the Ireland training camp, which caused a heated argument and resulted in Mccarthy sending Keane home. Not sure how you think that equates to Keane spitting his dummy out/abandoning the squad but I like how you opted for the Ireland story rather than applying that same logic to the manner of Keane's United exit. Wise move, knowing your audience.

Ananke

Keane confronted Mick Mccarthy about the shithole facilities at the Ireland training camp, which caused a heated argument and resulted in Mccarthy sending Keane home. Not sure how you think that equates to Keane spitting his dummy out/abandoning the squad but I like how you opted for the Ireland story rather than applying that same logic to the manner of Keane's United exit. Wise move, knowing your audience.
Babies wouldn’t know the difference :wenger:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
You sound like Stan Collymore today :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
How is big baby doing? any news ?

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’d rather my Scotland captain - an aggressive and needly player - had the consistency of character and metal to just shrug that off, rather than cry about it.
Agreed.

Also, Ray Houghton said yesterday it doesn't say much about players these days that Robertson gets that from a linesman and stays on his feet but if it was a player who done it to him he'd be on the deck getting the player carded :lol: thought that was a fair assessment.