Angel Di Maria | Performances | Wife: "He only joined United for money. The food was disgusting. The women look like porcelain"

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Feck him. I couldn’t care less. He is a stupid bastard. After their first goal the fool was chatting shite to the fans. He could drown for all I care.
Get this feckwit off this site ASAP.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Quick off topic one lads, I thought the bottle throw was utter lower class from whoever that was, does Old Trafford allow fans to bring bottles out onto the terraces? Everytime I was there I was searched etc before entering, and did not see glass bottled beer for sale in the food and beverage stands

Last edited:

Giggs86

"feck off Puta" was what he was shouting. What a nasty cnut.
His kids/parents/wives must have been proud watching that live. Classless cnut. Wouldn't expect anything less from him though, being the prick that he is.

el3mel

This logic is so weird to me.

"Employees get insulted all the time, it's common as muck in employment, but the majority are mature enough to ignore it and go about their business in a professional manner. This one responded like an idiot (shouted swear words) and received an equally idiotic response from the customer. (bottle thrown at him)"
"Black players get abused all the time, it's common as muck in football, but the majority are mature enough to ignore it and go about their business in a professional manner. This one responded like an idiot (shouted swear words) and received an equally idiotic response from the crowd. (bottle thrown at him)"
"Women get harassed all the time, it's common as muck in life, but the majority are mature enough to ignore it and go about their business in a professional manner. She responded like an idiot (shouted swear words) and received an equally idiotic response from him. (bottle thrown at her)"

Feel free to say "that's ridiculous, it's a different situation" even though it's really just a matter being accustomed to it, not of it being in any way acceptable. If any of you were Di Maria you'd happily verbally retaliate for the abuse as well if you contributed to the potentially winning goal.
I mean hate him all you want for being a prick in general, which it definitely seems like he is. But it's not hard to see why he responded this way today imo.
Agree. He's a snack but if I were him I would have done exactly the same and 100% sure anyone here would have done that too. It's easy to talk when you aren't in such position

The bottle thrown was a trash attitude that won't be a surprise if UEFA fined the club for it. As for Di Maria he simple left the pitch as a winner assisting 2 goals despite getting abused by the fans and also mocked us when the bottle was thrown an he grappled it. He had the last laugh and I can't blame him.

Last edited:

Dan_F

Never been a big fan of his, but don’t really understand the need to boo him in the first place. Can barely remember us ever booing a former player that hadn’t gone on to play for City or Liverpool.

He probably felt like he had a point to prove and did so. When you have thousands of people booing you then you have every right to tell them to feck off and celebrate a win in my eyes.

justboy68

He would have worked out great under a different regime i.e with Ole.

Redcafe tends to forget how great he looked in the first games. Go back and look at those threads if they still exist and we were all saying he was the best signing in the league at the time. Then he had an injury and LVG truly fecked around with his position and playing time. Also his house got burgled, his wife was scared to live here anymore and then he no longer wanted to be in Manchester. Unfortunate.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Jesus that happens all the time everywhere.
Just because it does doesn't mean its okay. I'm not saying that it should be banned, but it's a bit rich people here called Di Maria a cnut while defending the United fans at the stadium.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Many of our fans have serious issues. What gets you so riled up about him ? The man was as honest as it gets after all, he did say in his first interview that his main goal was to go to PSG but only FFP stopped that from happening back then. So much bitterness is unhealthy

kouroux

People who hurl stuff onto football pitches have issues.

Fans venting on a supporters' club forum after a frustrating and disappointing match, that's normal.
I can understand venting perfectly but some posts are... I don't know how to describe them, the most extreme examples are a couple wishing him injury and the other one saying he won't mind if he drowned.
That's just crazy to me, specially when it comes to Di Maria, a footnote in our history who plays for a plastic club.

Fridge chutney

I can understand venting perfectly but some posts are... I don't know how to describe them, the most extreme examples are a couple wishing him injury and the other one saying he won't mind if he drowned.
That's just crazy to me, specially when it comes to Di Maria, a footnote in our history who plays for a plastic club.
:eek:

Mind-blowing lack of braincells on display from whoever posted that (I haven't seen it yet), especially in light of the Sala tragedy last month.

kouroux

:eek:

Mind-blowing lack of braincells on display from whoever posted that (I haven't seen it yet), especially in light of the Sala tragedy last month.
At least he got a warning for it
Feck him. I couldn’t care less. He is a stupid bastard. After their first goal the fool was chatting shite to the fans. He could drown for all I care.
It's an extreme example and fortunately most fans aren't coming up with this.

kiristao

He had a very good game. Unfortunately we never saw this side of him at United. It was obvious he never really settled into Manchester or the style of play under LVG.
As far as his behavior tonite, He simply gave as good as he got from the fans. In fact, to be honest, I think he gave far lesser than what he got. People forget that just because footballers are paid the kind of money they are paid, they should take whatever crap is thrown their way and ignore it. It doesnt work like that. They are human too and when you get the kind of abuse he got all game, he was bound to react.. specially considering he played a big role in their win last night.

haram

People are forgetting he gave up on us on the actual fecking pitch wearing our fecking shirt. feck him and whoever defends him.

Ban

Just because it does doesn't mean its okay. I'm not saying that it should be banned, but it's a bit rich people here called Di Maria a cnut while defending the United fans at the stadium.
Find at least 3 who defended those fans.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He was a nothing player for us and our fans shouldn't have given him the time of day yesterday. Everyone is now revelling in the fact that he mugged us off.

led_scholes

He is an amazing player. We have seen this during his stint in Real, with Argentina and PSG now. He has his weaknesess and he is not a player you can build a side around him. Unfortunately, he came here as a cl winner and world cup finalist attacking midfielder but LVG tried to change him into an attacking fullback. It was our fault that we purchased him and then not used him properly. His fault was lack of motivation but during Moyes, LVG and Jose ultimately everyone lost their motivation.

Ban

Surprised at the bitterness shown by a lot here. He was given more than a fair amount of abuse and had stuff thrown at him, can't blame him for having a pop back. Would love to see anyone from here get abused for 90 minutes and have stuff thrown and try to not react.
He didn't get abused for 90 minutes... Bottle was thrown after a fek of. Of course moronic from whoever threw it but it was nothing special before that. Booing, oh the horror.

ekestubbe

So are we not allowed to boo an opposing player then? Otherwise we might hurt his feelings? Some of you need to have a word with yourselves. And even better than that, it’s apparently the fans fault he got 2 assists? Not Young or whichever player it was not marking their man on the corner?
Isn't it better to cheer on your own players instead of booing opponents? Also, if you are willing to boo at someone you should be able to take his response.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Well so much for the claims of classy treatment of ex players. It’s easy when you dump them to lesser clubs and they behave themselves. When a player moves on to bigger and better things and doesn’t want to stay at the club it’s a bit hard to treat him in a classy manner isn’t it?

Ban

Well so much for the claims of classy treatment of ex players. It’s easy when you dump them to lesser clubs and they behave themselves. When a player moves on to bigger and better things and doesn’t want to stay at the club it’s a bit hard to treat him in a classy manner isn’t it?
Well Arsenal fans know all about that. For instance how you guys treated RVP.

Kopral Jono

Really? You have some idiot posters who wish injury upon Di Maria, true, and I don’t condone that. But having browse this thread again plenty of us feel that him getting booed and ironically cheered as well as him giving it back to the home crowd are both part and parcel of the game.

Football is a sport where emotions run high and where at times logic takes a backseat. You take these displays of aggresiveness, however petulant that may be according to you, away from football and you take away the whole drama that surrounds it. In my book at least, it’s fair game as long as it’s not malicious or racist in any way.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You’ve just described Cristiano Ronaldo. When did United fans ever give him any shit?

AJ10

Moving to PSG is bigger?

As for booing the clown, there's no need but at the same time I can understand the guy is a rat. I'm sure you've had few of those at your club.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So people are getting worked up because he said feck off to the fans? But not because the fans threw things at him?

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Sometimes LVG had some moronic concepts of football. Di Maria is only one more example to show.
Di Maria never wanted to be here in the first place. There’s only so many things you can blame LVG for (and most of them are fair).
Isn't it better to cheer on your own players instead of booing opponents? Also, if you are willing to boo at someone you should be able to take his response.
Who says you can’t do both? And I wasn’t aware of his response until I got home so it didn’t bother me in the slightest. I find it ridiculous that some people seem to think that Di Maria getting booed motivated him into getting two assists, not that he got two assists because our defence, like it has been for the majority of the season, was shit.

Trizy

Great player bit of a cnut but what can you do.

If only our fans put the same effort into cheering our team last night as they did abusing him, then we might have fared better.

TheCorkman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Players get abused all the time and get on with it.
He showed restrain by yelling fek of?

Dont know what the City part have to do with anything. Rooney bashing or?
Is yelling "fek off" that bad? Jesus, people are precious. If I had a bottle thrown at me I wouldn't be too happy...

Tevez and Hargreaves moved to a rival. Rooney and Heinze talked up moves to a rival. Ronny talked up a move to Madrid for years and was pretty petulant about it. I don't see why Di Maria deserves the abuse, it's easy to forget he was ever at the club. I don't like the fella but I don't see why he gathers all this attention? Each to his own I guess ; I must not be a top red.

I guess different opinions make the game interesting anyway! The ref being a joke yesterday didn't help the mood in the stadium too of course...