g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Angel Di Maria - PSG Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getsme

Really hope we get PSG in the Champions League at some stage this year. Would love to see Shaw or Darmian giving him a torrid time. We'll beat them too despite the masses on here fawning over their squad.
Who's that then?

Member 39557

Let's file this next to the Moyes era in United history. Hoping for a good start to the season so we can all move on quickly.
He was actually a Moyes signing in the rewritten history that I'm currently inventing. Stupid Moyes!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Hope this is a lesson to us when it comes to making big money glamour signings. We used to be very careful about the character of the players we signed
At a minimum, if are buying a high transfer fee player, we need to check into whether or not they are capable of staying more than a year.

Gopher Brown

I hope we learn a lesson from this about buying players to fit the system, rather than signing players then trying to shoehorn them in. Also, I hope we cut all dealings with Jorge Mendes.

scream

Really not disappointed at all by this, even if I did buy his shirt.
He never seemed all that bothered, I'm actually more excited by Memphis at least he wants to be here.

iHicksy

The weakest player physically and possibly mentally I've seen in a Utd shirt. Despite my initial excitement his attitude unfortunately sucked and I'm glad he's gone.

Raw

Hope this is a lesson to us when it comes to making big money glamour signings. We used to be very careful about the character of the players we signed
I hope so too. This transfer really has been a massive blunder. Buying a player for £60m and not knowing where to play him is just absurd.

mufcwarm92

In terms of pure talent, he's in the top 3 players I've seen at United along with Ronaldo and Scholes. Immense excitement when he arrived.

But he's a coward and he wasn't prepared to work for his fortune. He'll be superb in what is a poor league and he'll earn just as much, but his reputation as a footballer and as a man has plummeted.

Sad to see, but definitely the right decision.

Iron Stove

He was worth a punt at the time. He contributed to us securing top 4 and all things considered we probably didn't lose much money at all on a player who didn't fit in. Upwards and onwards.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
In terms of pure talent, he's in the top 3 players I've seen at United along with Ronaldo and Scholes. Immense excitement when he arrived.

But he's a coward and he wasn't prepared to work for his fortune. He'll be superb in what is a poor league and he'll earn just as much, but his reputation as a footballer and as a man has plummeted.

Really? He wouldn't even scratch a top 10.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Who's that then?
Someone else said earlier in the other Di Maria thread* that they'd also like to face PSG in the Champions League this season.

A number of posters said that they'd destroy us and that they're only behind Barca, Real and Bayern and so on. I may be over estimating how many people feel that way, but there certainly was a few.

*can't be arsed finding the page.

Heardy

I know there's a lot of hate for ADM but do refrain from wishing injury etc. please, it's against the rules, after all.
Against the rules? of what - morality?

It's not like we're a group of witchdoctors whose wishes will have any impact on Di Maria's fate/fortune.

Member 39557

I hope he gets a load of discount coupons for a supermarket, fills up his trolley in the local Carrefour, gets to the till and finds his coupons have expired and has to take some of his items back to the shelves.

Am I doing it right?

Ainu

Never worked out for him here, for whatever reason. He clearly wanted to do well here initially but gradually lost confidence and it badly affected him on the field. This is the best move for all parties involved so no hard feelings. I don't begrudge him any success he might have there, as long as they don't play us.

Getsme

Someone else said earlier in the other Di Maria thread* that they'd also like to face PSG in the Champions League this season.

A number of posters said that they'd destroy us and that they're only behind Barca, Real and Bayern and so on. I may be over estimating how many people feel that way, but there certainly was a few.

*can't be arsed finding the page.
Maybe masses was the wrong word to use?

Edit: that sounds like I'm being a smart arse, not meant to, I genuinely thought you meant we had loads of posts about it.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I am really happy with this, I was actually worried that LVG doesn't fancy him and we could be completely wasting our money so I am glad that we cut our losses so early

Bojan11

Top 3?

He had a few good games mainly against QPR, Leicester and Burnley. But that's about it.

Cina

Against the rules? of what - morality?

It's not like we're a group of witchdoctors whose wishes will have any impact on Di Maria's fate/fortune.
No, against the rules of the Caf, actually. Warnings get handed out for wishing injuries on players.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Maybe masses was the wrong word to use?
Maybe, but it wasn't an isolated few. I'd wager a large portion of this forum reckon PSG would shit all over us this year. Anyway, I was only saying I'd love to get them in the CL at some point.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Speak for yourself.
Besides, he made me impotent*

*Di Maria, not Cina.

Getsme

Maybe, but it wasn't an isolated few. I'd wager a large portion of this forum reckon PSG would shit all over us this year. Anyway, I was only saying I'd love to get them in the CL at some point.
So would I.

space

World class talent, pathetic attitude,good riddance. No doubt he will do well in Ligue 1, but he'll always have this failure on his CV. I get him wanting to leave but the way it's all happened has been terrible, he's treated the club I love disgracefully with no respect for the shirt or the fans ( I know I sound very bitter :D). Hope the club learn from this and while I wish ADM no harm or anything, I hope we face PSG in the UCL and get an opportunity to knock PSG out. All in all, take the £45m, fix the gaps left in our squad and move forward!

Spoony

The People's President
I hope he forgets to pay his road tax resulting in him getting a fine and possibly having points added to his license. I'm not one for schadenfreude but knowing his insurance has gone up 50% will make me feel really good.

Revan

Assumptionman
I hope he'll be a reserve there and that he continues playing as bad as he did for us.

Giggsy92

I hope when he goes to the top of the Eiffel Tower that visibility is poor and he can't see much.

Good move for everyone involved really, he clearly didn't want to be here and it seems we didn't end up making much of a loss.

Boycott

He couldn't do it on a windy Friday night in Cambridge so what chance did he have in Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.