Angelo Henriquez

forevrared

ManUtd.com said:
Henriquez to join Reds

United have announced that Angelo Henriquez has been granted a governing body endorsement which will allow the striker to register and play for the club.

The 18-year-old will play his final game for Universidad de Chile against Santos on Wednesday and a further announcement on him joining the Reds will be made in due course.

Henriquez has already expressed his delight at signing for United after the club followed up a long-standing interest in the Chilean youngster.

In addition to impressing for Universidad de Chile in the Copa Libertadores, he also shone for his country at the recent Milk Cup youth tournament in Northern Ireland, scoring twice against the home nation in a 5-3 win.
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...-henriquez-to-sign-for-manchester-united.aspx

Will immediately join up, rather than going back out on loan as initially thought.

forevrared

I didn't see one on the United forum and they've only announced he got a work permit in the past half hour. Until that point he was as much a United player as Adem Ljajic was.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
No not yet. He hasn't signed the contract yet, I think.

His last game for Universidad is tomorrow night/early Thursday morning. I'll be watching it. I honestly can't wait. I've been watching this guy since his debut for Universidad, (5/6 games so I missed a few) and his talent is there for all to see.

I'd love it if he gets a few CO-Cup appearnaces this season. He does seem the mature type that sometimes may not require a loan. I'm not saying it won't happen, but if there every was a type, he'd be the one; if you know what I mean :lol:

Devil1

BRANDED: Part Time dipper supporter
Is this the end for macheda?

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I hear he is a RVP MkII.

Good signing and au revoir Macheda and possibly Berba.

Drifter

American
Gill said it would be interesting this summer.Can't argue with that.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'll just add the notorious youtube clip that's required for every thread:

From watching full matches of him, it's hard to muster a negative about him. He's a quality finisher, can take on a player to make that ounce of space needed, can hold the ball up well, great movement and he's got a good amount of pace on him. I know I've said it on countless occassions, twice today already, but it really has to be said that his game is insanely mature for his age he is - turned 18 a few months ago.

He could very well develop into a machine if done so correctly. I can't honestly wait.

(I loved the movement he made, and the finish he executed for the goal beginning at 2:19.)

Liam147

On Probation
Baffling. Not the signing, the decision to keep him here. We couldn't even get Hernandez on the bench yesterday. Why not send him back to South America where he can learn the language and get game time?

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
From watching full matches of him, it's hard to muster a negative about him. He's a quality finisher, can take on a player to make that ounce of space needed, can hold the ball up well, great movement and he's got a good amount of pace on him. I know I've said it on countless occassions, twice today already, but it really has to be said that his game is insanely mature for his age he is - turned 18 a few months ago.
What are his first touch and passing like?

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
I'll just add the notorious youtube clip that's required for every thread:

He could very well develop into a machine if done so correctly. I can't honestly wait.

(I loved the movement he made, and the finish he executed for the goal beginning at 2:19.)
By your description he sounds like a young Michael Owen

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
What are his first touch and passing like?
His touch is fine - not Berbatovesque, but uses his body well. As I said, he's good at holding up play if Universidad just fired it up at him. When through balls are put through to him, he can pull off sublime touches to pull away from the defender.

Passing - admittedly, I didn't notice anything orgasmic in that aspect. You can tell he has vision, and does try and pull off deft touches near the box to set other players through. From the 5/6 games I saw of him, I'd say his passing was fine. He drops deep at times to get more into play, and does try to bring others into the game. That's really all I gathered from his passing.

He's 18 though, and even if having "average" passing was unacceptable, he has plenty of time to develop that part of his game; especially if he trains with the first team.

Chabon

Two world class players, two teenage prospects and an honest-to-goodness left-back. Muppet's perfect summer, surely?

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
Baffling. Not the signing, the decision to keep him here. We couldn't even get Hernandez on the bench yesterday. Why not send him back to South America where he can learn the language and get game time?
Maybe we loan him out to a PL team or give him a year in the reserves to acclimatise to the English style.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Yes South America is the best place to learn English.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Twice in that clip he could easily have gone down. Once for a penalty but he kept going and scored instead.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Does seem a bit odd that we're keeping him here. To be honest, the transfer itself seems a bit odd to me given the array of talent we've already got, though I'm guessing the club feel that this guy is the sort of player that we'd be silly to miss out on. Maybe we'll stick him in the reserves with a view to playing in the Carling Cup (alongside Hernandez, Welbeck, Macheda, Powell, etc :nervous:) and then send him out on loan at some point.

feck knows. Still, excited about all the positive comments about him, but he really is going to have to be amazing for his age, you'd think!

Devil may care

Interesting signing given the wealth of options we have in the forward line. I think/hope he gets a run out in the carling cup just to see how he goes before deciding to farm him out.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Does seem a bit odd that we're keeping him here. To be honest, the transfer itself seems a bit odd to me given the array of talent we've already got, though I'm guessing the club feel that this guy is the sort of player that we'd be silly to miss out on. Maybe we'll stick him in the reserves with a view to playing in the Carling Cup (alongside Hernandez, Welbeck, Macheda, Powell, etc :nervous:) and then send him out on loan at some point.

feck knows. Still, excited about all the positive comments about him, but he really is going to have to be amazing for his age, you'd think!
He had to pull the trigger because other clubs were sniffing around. He will most likely star in the U21's or be shipped out to FC Twente or another english club on loan. I am betting he becomes an attacking mid eventually.

ricky-romeo

if we keep him here rather than letting him stay for another year in chile, i guess it is because fergei wants him to learn and know the english game, life, language better. one year of developing himself as well as training alongside the first team players should do him a world of good. and you just never know, especially with our luck with injuries, 2 or 3 of our forwards are injured at the same time and henriquez could find himself on the first team bench.

we also have the option of loaning him out to a championship club, or maybe one of our apprentice club in belgium or holland for him to get more playing time in the near future. he is only 18 and still has time on his side. but let him spend 6-12 months at united first for him to get the taste of being a united player.

gulli_G

Twice in that clip he could easily have gone down. Once for a penalty but he kept going and scored instead.
we could do with some of his , 'no nonsense' approach, instead of us passing around infront of the box ala everton, he would have smashed a few of thos passes goalwards.

definately can see the Ruud similarities. I hope he uses his time here well to learn fron RVP, Rooney and even Berbatov (esp 1st touch) if he stays.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
It will do him no harm to move him over with his family so he can start to settle. Obviously it's easier for United to keep an eye on him that way too.

I know this has probably already been discussed in the other thread but what sort of forward is he?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
If he was to go on loan surely a pl club would be the best option?
Everyone is always so keen to loan young players out immediately on this board. Surely it makes a lot more sense for young players to have at least 6months-1year with the club's coaching staff etc so we can see where he's really at?

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Everyone is always so keen to loan young players out immediately on this board. Surely it makes a lot more sense for young players to have at least 6months-1year with the club's coaching staff etc so we can see where he's really at?
Would think so... I would also think it would be a lot easier for him to settle in England at United and not be shipped away to some Championship club right away. He should at least spend the rest of this (calendar) year at United.